• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I'm surprised at how different people can be. Yesterday everybody getting called "Noob Team" (and me answering "Well, I'm an actual noob"), and today the group being nice and educated, and even joking.

And I am not that bad as a Reindhard, or at least I can hold things a bit at the chokehold. Seeing how bad I am at aiming, maybe it's better to stick at healing / defense.

Blues1990

My winrate this season with Pharah is 100% through 8 games. I'm becoming what I hate.

Yeah, as much as I love the balance for this season, I'm starting to hate how many of the games that I've played have a Pharah/Mercy combo. It's just not fun to deal with.

As Vault already said, nerfing the healing output when using angelic descent would be a simple solution for this pharmercy problem.

Wanderer5

Gotten two legendary from this double exp weekend so far, and both are non-event heh, but hey the Frogston skin for Winston is cool.

As Vault already said, nerfing the healing output when using angelic descent would be a simple solution for this pharmercy problem.

Not a bad suggestion. Its not a huge part of her gameplay to glide and heal (literally the only time you do it is with Phara) at the same time.

Chance

Not a bad suggestion. Its not a huge part of her gameplay to glide and heal (literally the only time you do it is with Phara) at the same time.

Whoah whoah whoah, it's a huge part of my Mercy play, with or without a Pharah. There's always D.Vas or snipers or Junkrats flying around to swoop up to, and the best place to hook up a healing beam to Rein isn't behind him - it's above him, where people aren't looking or shooting.

My survivability on KotH or just defense points - and keeping an entire team alive - is contingent on my ability to zip around, healing as I fly.

The answer to the teamwork of Pharah+Mercy is the same as the answer to the teamwork of Torb+Orisa or Bastion+Rein: teamwork of your own.

Whoah whoah whoah, it's a huge part of my Mercy play, with or without a Pharah. There's always D.Vas or snipers or Junkrats flying around to swoop up to, and the best place to hook up a healing beam to Rein isn't behind him - it's above him, where people aren't looking or shooting.

My survivability on KotH or just defense points - and keeping an entire team alive - is contingent on my ability to zip around, healing as I fly.

The answer to the teamwork of Pharah+Mercy is the same as the answer to the teamwork of Torb+Orisa or Bastion+Rein: teamwork of your own.

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. Angelic descent is when you press a button to descend slower, and not the one you press to fly to a target.

I'm no mercy expert, but I don't see how can you use this frequently without a pharah. Winston/D.Va maybe, but if you are close to the ground why would you want to use it? It just makes you an easier target.

jviggy43

The lifetime plat/diamond players who krept their way into high master this season....be gone. Had a mercy try battle mercying a genji while I was soldier already fighting him; asked for healing or damage boost to just kill him and had to explain that healing or damage boosting is better than trying to battle mercy for the fact that we both gain ult charge off it. Then in OT were taking the point to win the game, three of us are on it, Mercy has rez. Enemy Mcree uses dead eye on the three of us on the point with no tanks to protect us; our mercy flies over to heal us. He kills us all. He starts saying we needed healing. When he had rez. Apparently we needed healing so bad we all just needed to die rather than rez us all on the point from out of sight.

Unbelievable that I have to explain these things this far into the game. Like just use your head.

Veelk

Banned
I got Pharah Beduoin. Got super excited.

Then I found out that she never puts her helmet on in game.

Back to Mechaqueen I go.

Chance

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. Angelic descent is when you press a button to descend slower, and not the one you press to fly to a target.

I'm no mercy expert, but I don't see how can you use this frequently without a pharah. Winston/D.Va maybe, but if you are close to the ground why would you want to use it? It just makes you an easier target.

Definitely talking about the same thing. Angelic Descent allows me to stay off the ground longer, which is generally where all those bullets are whizzing around.

A nerf to Mercy in the name of nerfing Pharmercy is a nerf to teamwork itself! Down with the haters!

Hmm last season I only won 3 of my placement matches and I was SR 2325, this season I won 4 and tied 1 and I'm 1850.

Any explanation for this?

Yup, just played ranked and was reminded why I hate playing ranked. But of shit talking assholes who have to at their character, don't play it well, and force winning strategies on the team like letting them walk the payload halfway to the capture point.

Wanderer5

Ha ha I got Lucio Jazz skin again.

Also man, I am looking forward to Reaper's new change. It is a buff that is definitely going to be pretty nice as long as the regeneration isn't too much.

Ended up betraying torb and got the golden weapon for hanzo instead on my alt (also 4k credits spent just on him). I'm just having way too much fun with him on mystery heroes, dude is a beast. I love getting the card at the end with the bullshit kills (aka scatter arrows).

Definitely talking about the same thing. Angelic Descent allows me to stay off the ground longer, which is generally where all those bullets are whizzing around.

A nerf to Mercy in the name of nerfing Pharmercy is a nerf to teamwork itself! Down with the haters!

Honestly I don't see how you can stay in the air for long periods of time without a Pharah, which is the whole point of this suggestion. Anyway, it's up to blizzard to decide if something has to be done, I just hope they don't see a need to nerf Pharah instead.

MKIL65

I've lost like 6 times in a row so far...

I guess that's the punishment I get for winning 4 comp matches in a row!

Or maybe, I should stop playing on weekends.

Chance

Ended up betraying torb and got the golden weapon for hanzo instead on my alt (also 4k credits spent just on him). I'm just having way too much fun with him on mystery heroes, dude is a beast. I love getting the card at the end with the bullshit kills (aka scatter arrows).

Honestly I don't see how you can stay in the air for long periods of time without a Pharah, which is the whole point of this suggestion. Anyway, it's up to blizzard to decide if something has to be done, I just hope they don't see a need to nerf Pharah instead.

I'm okay with nerfing Pharah! Reduce her rocket damage by 30% - surely, that is the solution to combating enemy teamwork. Any nerf to the healing ability of the hero described in her character bio as "a peerless healer" who can't heal as much as an octogenarian with a rifle is not the answer.

LAM09

I've lost like 6 times in a row so far...

I guess that's the punishment I get for winning 4 comp matches in a row!

Or maybe, I should stop playing on weekends.

It's just a given that you'll be paired up with an idiot or three regardless of when you play.

How the hell can anyone enjoy Mystery Heroes? It's more random then playing with randoms. Both together and I might as well throw on a blindfold too.

I'm going back to Mayhem. It might have gone to shit. But at leastI feel like I'm doing something.

Sane_Man

I've never known a game with shitter matchmaking than this. It's either we stomp the other team or they stomp us. 9 times out of 10. And it's always the team with stacks of people at level 400 that stomp the team with level 30's unsurprisingly.

Are you kidding me game.

I finally have some good legendary drop rates, had 5 in the past 15 or something, they have been:

Currency
Duplicate mei event skin
Non event junkrat skin
Duplicate zarya event skin
Duplicate lucio event skin

Give me something not useless, PLEASE.

Sick of playing comp games where I'm stuck being the only healer so I decided I wasn't going to do it. Both rounds, no healer and we still won (Gibraltar).

This game is bullshit.

How the hell can anyone enjoy Mystery Heroes? It's more random then playing with randoms. Both together and I might as well throw on a blindfold too.

I'm going back to Mayhem. It might have gone to shit. But at leastI feel like I'm doing something.

It's a little bit better because you know that when you're playing with 4 attackers on defense, it was decided by the game and not your team themselves.

Sucks for getting wins though if you want the boxes. Most of the time it just depends on which team rolls into a great makeup

Veelk

Banned

It's pretty much as I said. The eagle beak helmet she holds in her hand? Unlike her other costumes, she doesn't wear it.

On another note, quickplay continues to be marginally worse than cancer. How is it that I keep getting matched up against players that are clearly working so well in lock step that they are either communicating or just good enough that they don't have to, while my teammates are eternally silent, routinely play without a healer or tank or triple snipers, and can never switch to counter the comp they are up against. Maybe I should start keeping numbers on how many games I get like this, because it feels like it's a lot.

All these Rein Shields, Bubble Shields, Sym shields and Orisa Shields. How's a DPS hero supposed to make it in the world? We need a Hero who's ability can syphon the enemies shield juice over time into a... thing that can only be created and sustained by leeching.

I like this idea cuz it would force you to rethink throwing shields everywhere all willy-nilly.

Blues1990

Awww that is a bit disappointing, and the helmet is pretty nice.

I'm actually glad for this change, as up until now, all of Pharah's Epic skins have had a recoloured variant of her helmet from her original design. (I personally would've loved for the Possessed skin to have her head severed to serve as the "helmet" for that cosmetic).

So glad they stuck to their guns this time and didn't include it, outside from one of her highlight intro's. Her new Legendary is better off without it.

xviper

did they buff bastion or something ?? he seems to be OP again like at the beginning of season 4, especially with a Bastion X Orisa X Reinhardt X Mercy combo

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
did they buff bastion or something ?? he seems to be OP again like at the beginning of season 4, especially with a Bastion X Orisa X Reinhardt X Mercy combo

Nah, that's just barrierwatch.

Just harrass with tracer until you build up a pulsebomb for the easiest stick in the world.

Top Bottom