• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Of course final box for the night was blue and whites lol

all 4 of my boxes tonight were blue and whites

tenor.gif

Had to give up for now, all of my matches felt so cancerous tonight <_<. Not even gonna touch Mystery again until the changes happen, every single one I played today we either got folded on defense, or couldnt even hit the first point.

Haven't played since the new season / start of the event due to work, but got home from out of town just in time to pay my Loot Box Tax.

They got me good, fam. Here's to another year!

Owzers

I'm not getting too few legendaries, just too few event skins. I think I'm at 3-3 and one gold.

Also sym is the best.

Veelk

Banned
I should not play late at night.

I don't think I've ever played Tracer this bad. I'm glad I'm only doing QP where nothing matters, but something is just straight up off when I get a total of 2 (TWO!) eliminations an entire round.

Tater

I love this game, but the dependence on other people is maddening. I played five games tonight, and lost four of them because someone from my team just left during the match.

Competitive isn't a measure of skill - it's luck. Once you get randomly placed with trolls or people that leave in the middle, you just get dragged down by the rating and placed with more of them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
"I've got you in my sights."

*holds up shield to protect my team*

*Lucio and zen runs in front of my shield to frag the ulting soldier.*

Ah overwatch.

I've missed you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmm, made it back to gold with no trouble really, but god, the matchmaking feels real off.

Also man my skills have definitely regressed lol.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
5-0-1 tonight as nothing but symmetra. 38-13-4 with her overall.

And guess who's fault it is for the one draw and the entire reason why that team can't climb out of silver?

ELO hell mindset really is fascinating. Like they could climb all the way to master tier, and still occasionally see a symmetra on attack. Could the team have a better chance at winning if the symmetra knew and wanted to play the exact right hero for the situation? Sure, but there's a ton of different flaws teammates have that you may have to make up for, and a ton of strengths that you might not ever know about.

Like the way we won on attack for the draw is I distracted 3 of the enemy team when I tried to put up a backline teleporter, and my team easily won the 5v3 on point, and then the second 5v3 when they came back, while seeming to them that I wasted my ult and died for nothing.

But that type of thing is hard to see. What's not hard to see is 2-2-2 with the approved list of who can fill those roles, and the most basic of synergies and counters, but it is so incredibly hurtful to your own skill development to become blinded by the things you know well.

Wimps

The 32-3500 rating is a massacre. The amount of quitters and troll picks is amazing.

Only upside is I get at least 9k exp for a loss now.

27-8 (75% WR) with Zen so far.

still getting cards with offensive assist with over 50% KP... all this time i didn't know i was the only one that actually see them tagged. so i guess i need to call them out and their locations too. luckily they just in peoples sight.

randome

Im 50 away from platinum omggggg. That means I'll go back down to like, silver and then maybe hit my season high again by the end of the season.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Hey Orisa's ult is great. Really entertaining to see the enemy team rush forward excitedly when they feel they have advantage, only to pop the drum and watch them just wither under the hail of fire.

I mentioned a few days back that I wanted to learn Tracer a bit more after being absolutely demolished by one in a competitive game.

So since then I've played exclusively as Tracer in Quick Play. Quite a lot of games. The first few were rough, real rough. But since then I really feel like I've made a lot of progress. Consistently getting golds in elims, objectives kills and damage done.

Finally felt confident enough to try her in competitive. Two games. Two wins. It really feels like I'm actually making a difference now. And I'm having so much fun.

My name is Don Draper's Hat and I am a Tracer main!

scoobs

Played a few hours of McCree tonight and boy does he need that ult buff pronto! Probably got like 10 total kills with it over that entire stretch. There's just too many counters.

jviggy43

Played a few hours of McCree tonight and boy does he need that ult buff pronto! Probably got like 10 total kills with it over that entire stretch. There's just too many counters.

Na. Anything more would make it too op. People try going for the 4-5 person kill with it far too often rather than take the 1-2 kills. Its also a pretty useful zoning technique.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
15 Loot Boxes in

Tracer Legendary Skin (Fucking Ugh!)
Mei Dance Emote

That's fucking it!

Really...

You have so many things to offer for 1 year anniversary and they treating events like sacred cows that we as the community should be honored to pay for the right to get this stuff

I mean Holy Shit, I knew shit was getting fucked up after NYE and the next event being piss poor in payout in Uprising
Now with this, you can't even earn most things unless you pay

Why on earth not give the Dance Emotes per Loot box, I mean what is the Harm?, holy shit, is it too much to try to appease the playerbase
Even after every 3 boxes you earn, you are guaranteed one

Seriously, this shit sucks, playing and earning double xp is great and all, but rewards are just so much more blatant in that your earning them quicker and the dupes never stop!

scoobs

It's my 5th box full of duplicates in a row

A box should not be allowed to contain four duplicates

Coming from HOTS as my main game, this game's loot box system in an absolute travesty and major ripoff. HOTS is FREE, and you get way better chances at skins and cool shit and 3 re-rolls if you get terrible drops! I can't believe how bad this games system is for skins, legitimately the biggest ripoff ever.

Danj

Any GAFfers online on PC (NA or EU) right now and want to group up for some arcade? (Or even comp if you're in/around Silver)

EDIT: forgot to include my battletag, it's Danj#2393

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Might be the most troll box I've ever gotten. Four blues, three event items. All dupe icons, and some currency to boot.

Following boxes had legendary currency and a duplicate event emote.

I thought I was acclimated to loot box disappointment. But then they pushed past where I was and found more. I'm impressed, really.

antitrop

27-8 (75% WR) with Zen so far.

still getting cards with offensive assist with over 50% KP... all this time i didn't know i was the only one that actually see them tagged. so i guess i need to call them out and their locations too. luckily they just in peoples sight.
Enemies that are Discorded will have the purple orb over their head and a purple haze around their model, both clearly visible to teammates. Only Zen can see the Discord icon though (the one visible through walls)

Spirit3

I'm almost done with solo queue on Xbox. It's amazing the difference a good group of players calling out ult cool downs and enemy positions makes compared to everyone trying to be the hero and not playing their roles and refusing to change picks. No one uses mic either.

Loot box front has been a joke tonight. Dupes and non anniversary items. I've only got 2 dances and 2 skins from about 30 boxes. So maybe a joke in general.

When does this fucking wanky cunty event end so I know when to buy the couple of skins I actually want?

Sick to the back teeth of opening boxes of whites, blues and dupes.

Nimby

Banned
After doing the math, Symmetra is the 4th most deadliest support, 3rd if you rule out Mercy. Symmetra is also the only one extremely limited by range.

WHEN WILL THIS CHARACTER BE NERFED?!

Crzy1

Got Soldier's event skin last night. Went ahead and bought Sym and Tracer's skins since I don't know how much I'll get to (or want to) play this weekend.

I didn't like most of the skins this time around, but getting any of them at all felt like odds were stacked against me. Never gotten so much useless shit during an event. Probably won't get enough coins to buy the dance emotes I want, but maybe they'll be back soon.

tbm24

On PS4 just now I was 20 in queue to connect. I honestly was not aware that could occur on console. Popular weekend, hope Blizzard realizes people like small events like a double XP weekend. Maybe a weekend where Legendary % for loot boxes is doubled(maybe limit it to boxes gained from matches only so people don't go balls deep buying bundles).

I think I'd prefer potg to randomly pick out a highlight. I want to see more variety instead of the regular suspects of heroes.

Dva potg is fucking boring.

Top Bottom