• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

PatjuhR

Lol wtf is wrong with the servers?

I had around 5 games in a row that did not start because somebody didn't connect. And now I failed to connect and now I'm suspended for 10 minutes.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Got 2 legendary skins in one box, 1 of which was a summer games skin :)
Now I just need 25 coins to buy pharah's dunk victory animation but I'm getting no duplicates :(

So I've reached my limit of not being able to play competitive without worrying about SR loss and made a smurf account. Currently working to level it up. Feel bad for the genuinely new players I'm dunking on right now :(

I can't remember the last time a soldier kept firing on me as Genji and didn't stop even though I had deflect on.

Started another account as well last nite after dropping under 2300 from 3 leavers in a row.

I had 5+ elims per life on mccree until I hit level 6 and started to run into smurfs. I honestly felt pretty horrible as well.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wish there was a forfeit option in Lucioball, kinda stop giving a shit if we're down 0 to 3 with not a lot of time left.

Had the silliest round ever in comp last night.

We were on Well and me and one of the enemy were both playing Orissa. Both of our team comps were basically the same (Mercy+Zen, a Zarya, and 2 DPS), and we ended up getting into like a 5 minute stall/shield breaking battle on the point just to get the initial capture.

I would normally swap to deal with that shit, but it was so hilarious and me and the other Orissa were literally unkillable. Our Mercy's were pocketing us while everyone else fought around us, and resurrections were going off frequently. We only finally lost the point because their Zarya swapped to a Hog and hooked our Zarya off, and our Zen got clipped by a stray Doomfist.

Blues1990

Got 2 legendary skins in one box, 1 of which was a summer games skin :)
Now I just need 25 coins to buy pharah's dunk victory animation but I'm getting no duplicates :(

It's weird. Before the patch, I've made a conscious effort to obtain most of the Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary items. With the exception of the Legendary skins, I rarely get new items and mostly get duplicates. Already have 2500 coins, and I'm saving that for the next event.

Apathy

During the Immortals vs Envyus match when the commentators were talking about "how is Immortals going to deal with Doomfist?", all I could yell at my screen was "one of you call out Blizzard" and "if Blizzard hadn't destroyed hog, he could deal with DF!"

Lose -30SR*, Win 19SR, Lose -25SR, Win 18SR. So much for all those gains I made. SR system sucks.

*Had THREE 12-year olds dropping the N-word and throwing in a match. "Oh no, the other team has hacked my controller!" *Ults into the sky as Hanzo* "It's just quickplay dude" One kid was actually down over 1000SR from his season high so all he seems to do is throw.

Going to go play something else that isn't actively hating me. Nice that a console report feature is coming but according to PC players here it does jack shit anyway.

Fix your shit, Blizzard.

Veelk

Banned
Even though it wasn't really fair, I atleast enjoyed QP on my smurf because everyone was legitimately trying.

Now that I'm playing with other smurfs again, I'm back to mandatory widows that can't hit shit, no healers, no tanks.

Atleast the people TRY, you know?

Chance

Witness me. I've killed a lot of ulting Soldiers on Tracer, but those are almost-always from decidedly behind them, or at least from behind a Rein's shield.

https://youtu.be/q6Bha4n21k8

In my dreams, this Soldier stared, blank-faced and emotionless at his screen, set his Dualshock down and just walked away - overcome by an overwhelming but gentle, kind and crystal-clear sense of peace.

leng jai

Had a hot streak where I won 8/10 games in solo queue. Of course I started having connection problems and lagged out of two games. Basically put my SR back to where it was before the run started, lol.

That moment when you haven't lost to a western team in 2017 then lose to a team that technically did not even qualify in EnVision.

RIP my Immortals beating EnVyUs dream though. They are probably going to win season 1 relatively uncontested unless some changes are made.

Blues1990

During the Immortals vs Envyus match when the commentators were talking about "how is Immortals going to deal with Doomfist?", all I could yell at my screen was "one of you call out Blizzard" and "if Blizzard hadn't destroyed hog, he could deal with DF!"

We must be on the same wave length, as Season 4 Roadhog would've made Doomfist into roadkill. Oh well, at least we know that his role in the team is being an Ultimate Pinata.

randome

Did they fix the afk lucio thing or not? I just played a game with a dude who was afk. I wonder if it's cuz the ball hit him or something.

1-3 so far in 6 stack. Farewell Diamond. Don't even care anymore.

Edit: Stomped. That's all for tonight.

First round, 3 dps with no main tank to initiate the fight (yikes), bronze damage as Zen.

Guess it was a bad round, let's see how this goes. S76 switches to Dva, we now have a Winston... this is looking better. Second round end, silver damage as Zen with a Tracer up in my ass all the time. The one that goes Dva still has gold damage at this point.

Third round we have the point and can't lose it anymore because they are at 99, I solo kill the Reaper, ambushed by a Genji with a pocket Mercy near the mega on center of oasis gardens which means they only have 3 on point with no healer... team still loses the fight. I mean, holy shit.

But what really pisses me off is that people don't talk about what's happening or offer to change, let's just silently instalock dps and continue being stomped. At least it's a learning experience of what not to do next time I guess.

xCobalt

First round, 3 dps with no main tank to initiate the fight (yikes), bronze damage as Zen.

Guess it was a bad round, let's see how this goes. S76 switches to Dva, we now have a Winston... this is looking better. Second round end, silver damage as Zen with a Tracer up in my ass all the time. The one that goes Dva still has gold damage at this point.

Third round we have the point and can't lose it anymore because they are at 99, I solo kill the Reaper, ambushed by a Genji with a pocket Mercy near the mega on center of oasis gardens which means they only have 3 on point with no healer... team still loses the fight. I mean, holy shit.

But what really pisses me off is that people don't talk about what's happening or offer to change, let's just silently instalock dps and continue being stomped. At least it's a learning experience of what not to do next time I guess.

Team comp wasn't the problem. The other team was flat out better. We played against them twice and they handidly won nearly every engagement regardless of who played who.

For what it's worth, I played dps and had offered to change in the third round but didn't hear anything.

Had some bad games in quickplay today. The game has been putting me in half over games today, where the enemy team is steamrolling. Joined a game on Hollywood just as the enemy team started moving the payload. I chose mercy since they didn't have a healer, and when the match ended I had gold eliminations with 3.

Team comp wasn't the problem. The other team was flat out better. We played against them twice and they handidly won nearly every engagement regardless of who played who.

For what it's worth, I played dps and had offered to change in the third round but didn't hear anything.

Yes it was, and no, they weren't. How can you even say something like that when their team was running a single healer and their tanks are Zarya and D.Va.

Also their flankers were not good, by far, and they had zero healing when diving. They were having trouble killing me, a fucking square, I didn't even had to switch which rarely happens when I play Zen on koth because of how easy it is for flankers to kill me and they were failing at that pretty badly.

So please tell me how they were better than our team and who was carrying them because it wasn't the dps, that much I could tell.

I didn't hear you offering to switch, at least from what I can remember.

And don't even get me started on that hollywood game. No one truly focusing on torb turret, let him have a free molten core every fight. Also let's just ignore the hanzo on top of the house on attack and especially on defense. Higher ground, what's that? What bothers me is that I called out every single one of these things and nothing was ever done.

Anne

Opinions out of Korea on Doomfist is that he's very strong and makes dive much harder to counter. Zunba did a stream thing where he talked about how MVP is considered a scary team because they were the first ones to put serious time into a Doomfist comp.

xCobalt

Yes it was, and no, they weren't. How can you even say something like that when their team was running a single healer and their tanks are Zarya and D.Va.

I meant that their skill as a team was flat out better. They were better and were able to pick whoever to beat us.

LiK

I meant that their skill as a team was flat out better. They were better and were able to pick whoever to beat us.

I don't think they were. We just didn't have the synergy and they were far more aggressive. Probably need to have QP warm up again in the future.

carlos

I don't think they were. We just didn't have the synergy and they were far more aggressive. Probably need to have QP warm up again in the future.

Did anyone else get passive aggresive trolling messages from that team?? got them from 3 of their players, I'm not sure why.

I'm very close to taking an extended vacation from OW, between the stale meta and throwers ....meh, no reason to put up with it

Owzers

Did anyone else get passive aggresive trolling messages from that team?? got them from 3 of their players, I'm not sure why.

I'm very close to taking an extended vacation from OW, between the stale meta and throwers ....meh, no reason to put up with it

They found the person in our group that didn't turn off messages from people not on your friends list.

LiK

I turned off messages from nonfriends so nope. I'd advise you do the same. It'll also prevent enemy teams from spamming messages to distract you. It's a shitty tactic that I learned people would do from playing Trials in Destiny.

I did alright in comp soloq today. Went 5-1. I'm gravitating back to Zarya again, I have a much bigger win rate with her and I just feel like I overall perform better with her. I'm usually dead on with her Surge too, got some really good combos today.

LiK

I did alright in comp soloq today. Went 5-1. I'm gravitating back to Zarya again, I have a much bigger win rate with her and I just feel like I overall perform better with her. I'm usually dead on with her Surge too, got some really good combos today.

That's good. Zarya is a great hero to climb with in solo q since you can literally carry your team with bubbles.

Awful comps today, no tanks , all dps and fighting outside the objetive

The last one was a premade sin and mercy who didnt stay with the team so no heals forma the team at all

Descended 2250 to 2160

That's good. Zarya is a great hero to climb with in solo q since you can literally carry your team with bubbles.

That's pretty much my thought process. I like using Zarya because I can effectively use my team as bait. More then any other hero I find Zarya is amazing at forward pushing momentum (which is why I generally don't use her to defend) The only time I get frustrated as a Zarya is when my team doesn't push with me which can be devastating as a Zarya lol

LiK

That's pretty much my thought process. I like using Zarya because I can effectively use my team as bait. More then any other hero I find Zarya is amazing at forward pushing momentum (which is why I generally don't use her to defend) The only time I get frustrated as a Zarya is when my team doesn't push with me which can be devastating as a Zarya lol

Yup, if you have a shitty team that won't follow you around and do their jobs, you're screwed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy crap the camera work for contenders is horrendous.

So much switching and transitions that you lose so much of the fights.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is there a system where if you're winning Lucioball all your teammates become horrible and let the easiest goals in so you lose? Because this has been happening for the past half hour.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also goddamn as someone who's a a support main watching doomfist is tilting me.

Literally no protection at all from doomfist.

Lemonte

s8UQyDm.jpg
C99V0WO.jpg

Hey OWgaf. I made loot box for my nephew as birthday present. I don't have fancy 3d printer so I had to make it out of wood. Now I need to think of something legendary loot inside or box full of duplicates and cash. :lol:

Top Bottom