• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Would a KB/M make much of a difference with Winston?

He has perfect tracking, perfect flick leaps and never misses those hard long range jumps where you need a crosshair with low sensitivity to do those pixel perfect jumps.

It was obvious. Our Tracer couldn't keep up because he turns way too fast and keeps tracking her even after she blinks past him.

Cappa

Banned
Hey OWgaf. I made loot box for my nephew as birthday present. I don't have fancy 3d printer so I had to make it out of wood. Now I need to think of something legendary loot inside or box full of duplicates and cash. :lol:
Nice that's pretty cool. Put a bunch of the Overwatch coins in there lol

rulerk1

Genji in every single game continues to literally ruin this game for me and any fun i can have.
His DMG and Ulti are insane.

I hate when bad Genji's roll my team only by using his ults because his abilities can really carry bad players. Most are really predictable tbh in that they dash everytime they deflect so you can plan accordingly. I saw a master, almost gm level genji player get in our Widows face and deflect while standing still. I swear most just think they are invincible or something

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Genji in every single game continues to literally ruin this game for me and any fun i can have.
His DMG and Ulti are insane.

His ult charges a bit too fast, that's the only complain i have about him.

antitrop

Is there any way to check my win/loss ratio?

For Quick Play, no. For Competitive, go to your Career Profile, select the season you want to check for, then click on the hero and win percentage will be in the top row of stat boxes.

If you want to know overall win rate for the season independant of hero, you can just search for your profile on Overbuff.

Gurrry

The doomfist nerf is completely horseshit.

I love how people say, "oh X character isnt OP, just play Y and counter them!"

Yet when it comes to doomfist, its only, "HES OP OMG".

A majority of the cast is a direct counter to Doomfist (Widow, Hanzo, Sombra, Mcree, etc). He is a one trick pony that is the literal definition of Risk/Reward. If you miss that fist, youre fucked. Dont hit them against a wall? Youre fucked. Abilites on CD? Youre fucked.

His gun is garbage, his other abilites are pretty much useless unless using them for an escape. Yet, somehow, he needs a nerf?

But hey, /r/overwatch says hes OP so Blizzard better listen!

Anne

Actually the pro feedback is along the lines of "we are struggling to find answers to Doomfist and he's making the current dive situation worse for us." It's obviously early, but taking away some leniency from the punch is kind of straightforward considering it's being problematic at almost all levels of play.

People complain

BliZzard removes ohko character

People complain

BliZzard adds better ohko character

People complain

BliZzard nerf the new ohko character

People complain

kqe2zqs.gif

Blues1990

People complain

People complain

People complain

People complain

kqe2zqs.gif

"We want to make sure it's balanced between all heroes. That's why 7-8 are currently viable and playing Torbjorn is a reportable offense."

People complain

People complain

People complain

People complain

kqe2zqs.gif
Are they the same people? Derp.

"We want to make sure it's balanced between all heroes. That's why 7-8 are currently viable and playing Torbjorn is a reportable offense."
This game has the worst balance of Blizzard's 3 eSport titles. It's really incredible at this point.

Anne

caesar is basically right. Most of the really fucked up parts of the game cam be tracked down to being enabled by those two. A big part of the DF problem is he works really well with D.Va despite being good against her too.

breadtruck

White, White, Blue, White is really killing my drive to rank up for the Summer skins. Like, seriously, throw me a fucking bone already.

Had a hot streak where I won 8/10 games in solo queue. Of course I started having connection problems and lagged out of two games. Basically put my SR back to where it was before the run started, lol.
Oh wait so is this a thing?

I was playing one match last night and we stomped so hard on the first round of the Bo5 that 4 of the 5 enemy players quit. Since the other 2 hadn't left, the rest of the team was just roaming around or spawn camping. I was capping the point to get the shit over with, then I saw some rubber banding (trying to walk forward, then couldn't) then I got kicked from the game and had to log back into Overwatch. I restarted the game and not only could I not rejoin but I lost the game and what appears to be 2x the SR.

I was ready to just say fuck it and quit.

Blues1990

There are 2 op heroes and they are called Winston and Dva.

It's debatable if Winston and D.Va are over-powered on their own terms.

Played well, Winston can be a constant menace to players/teams that won't adapt in order to deal with him. Played poorly (or repeatedly into more than one of his counters) and he is basically free ult charge. Winston does counter a number of heroes pretty emphatically, but there are several heroes that counter him equally hard.

Gorillaz

People complain

People complain

People complain

People complain

kqe2zqs.gif
can't wait for a next character released at blizz con where the community wants it to get deleted after the first 24 without any real experience with it.

LiK

Tried duo with Owzers. 0-2

Was a mistake to go into team chat. Kids talking nonstop and blaming others for doing bad when they themselves kept dying.

Edit: it was nice to snipe a Soldier with a Zen charged shot all the way from spawn to the capture point in Horizon. Dude didn't see it coming.

Celcius

°Temp. member
lv 95 and getting potg sometimes in competitive mode as well now. I think I'm going to switch my main from Widow to Pharah.
Also, after going to competitive mode I'm seeing silver portraits for the first time and also still getting used to seeing people with golden guns. 3000 competitive points seems so far away :(

HMD

Having my 6 year old nephew fuck around in QP for free lootboxes is surprisingly effective, he's having fun and I'm getting free loot.

Owzers

Tried duo with Owzers. 0-2

Was a mistake to go into team chat. Kids talking nonstop and blaming others for doing bad when they themselves kept dying.

Edit: it was nice to snipe a Soldier with a Zen charged shot all the way from spawn to the capture point in Horizon. Dude didn't see it coming.

I'm the hero soloq needs.

exYle

Have they mentioned anything about doing double XP near the end of the event like the last one?

I'm pretty sure that was in response to the PR disaster the Anniversary event was. They did the lootboxes changes instead of having to do future double XP events

Is it just me or does competitive mode give more exp than quick play and arcade?

Per minute playing no, xp is the same, however is no downtime between rounds searching for match, matches tend to last longer also so even more time playing and less searching.

Comp best place for XP.

R0ckman

Jumped in to farm for costumes after a long hiatus, something seems off in a match I had, I was shooting as McCree and was missing a Hanzo player. On his screen I was shooting him hit him 2 or 3 times and did nothing, it was not whiffing his head, would be hitting him in the body. WTF is up with this?

Top Bottom