• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Fucking leavers

And disconnects, had another next game after you left.

At least it doesn't seem to affect sr lost even if I lose all my stats and medals.

Went 1-5 and only lost 41 sr, that's 10 per defeat lol Edit: actually I think it was 1-3, I guess overbuff counts dc as 2 games, 20sr lost per game makes more sense

I was playing so well today, was really feeling my aiming. Fucking shame.

I think I've played with a stack once since the event started, and that was for some games of Mystery Heroes.

Getting really tired of solo queueing.

LiK

And disconnects, had another next game after you left.

At least it doesn't seem to affect sr lost even if I lose all my stats and medals.

Went 1-5 and only lost 41 sr, that's 10 per defeat lol Edit: actually I think it was 1-3, I guess overbuff counts dc as 2 games, 20sr lost per game makes more sense

I was playing so well today, was really feeling my aiming. Fucking shame.

Yea, the servers are just screwy sometimes. Really annoying.

You should be thanking us, you want to join us and go to silver?

Can't be worse than having a match where we got a full hold on first point of Gibraltar, keeping them to a distance of 60m, then the group being so disorganized on Attack that a Torb/Symmetra/Reaper/Hanzo/Junkrat/Mercy Defense made it so we couldn't push the payload more than 30m.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I forgot how humorous it is when you switch class.

Best round we had was when I switched off from healer to DPS to target their healers.

"How dare our healer switch off, most selfish team ever!"

HiiiLife

6 lock is serious business. Went from a game of all solo players stomping the other team, partying up then getting rolled 3 times in a row lol.

Yeah. I think 2-3 party is the sweet spot.

So I made a second account the other day and I'm only playing McCree on it. I'm level 10 and already being matched against mid diamonds.

But my main account hasn't even hit 2400sr this season. I can't wait for this season to be over, hopefully the new placement matches put people where they belong this time.

Every time I read about you winning I want to join your group and see what happens.

NQjgc89.gif

LiK

Ok, watched the video about S6 changes and thank gawd they won't be placing us lower than current SR after placements anymore.

Played a bunch as Doomfist in mystery heroes. I'm really starting to click with him and landing rocket punch kills makes me laugh out loud.

Ok, watched the video about S6 changes and thank gawd they won't be placing us lower than current SR after placements anymore.

If only they did that last season :\

Had 10 really cool matches in my placements with masters and GM and was able to play all roles without instalocking anything. Even the games as a support were really fun.

Placed like 200 points lower than my season ending rank, at high diamond and all of my games after were a fucking mess, never instalocked anything but the hanzos and junkrat started to appear in every game on my team, 6 losses in a row back to 3250 until I started instalocking S76, but even with the bonus I could only make it to ~3450.

Guess I'm not placing this season, there's no telling if I'm gonna be able to climb even with the bonus SR if I place at 3200.

Nimby

Banned
Custa as Zen gets POTG, gets gold in elims (52 elims), silver for damage, 2-2 on KotH, loses because of enemy Doomfist carry.

jviggy43

I forgot how humorous it is when you switch class.

Best round we had was when I switched off from healer to DPS to target their healers.

"How dare our healer switch off, most selfish team ever!"

I have a friend who is awesome with dps but has played a lot of mercy this season because no one goes healing. We give randos a round or so to prove they can do it and if not he switches off heals to dps and if they want healing they can switch to healing. We aren't winning with them on dps anyway so its not like it matters much.

Salarians

playing 3 on 3 as Zen, standing next to a Hanzo

enemy Genji appears, reflects, our Hanzo shoots and I get headshotted to death

a minute later

Hanzo: "need healing! need healing! need healing!"

🤔

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You'd think Junkrat and Hog getting a new map with a whole theme of using disguises would have given them reason to add two new legendary skins for them like they did for Reinhardt in Eichenwlade

but NOPE everythings got to be tied to an event now

But anyway - regarding S6 changes.

1. Good riddance on downgrading SR from season to season. I see where they came from, but it was such an ill conceived idea - for me to feel good about climbing quickly, id have to totally forget where i was placed last season.
  2. Totally not fan of bo3 control points. Reverse sweeps or going toe to toe (back and forth) were some of the most intense and memorable games. Even if you were on the loosing side eventually. Bo3 is literally "gg, next".
  3. Not sure how to feel about 2 month seasons.. or seasons as such. From player perspective it changes absolutely nothing - youre going to place +/- same SR as you were last season anyways and youre not going to become better player all of a sudden, so might as well continue grinding away in last season. It only makes sense from Blizzard perspective, as in the beginning of season you again get a new influx of players who rush to prove that their number hasn't decayed, just to stop playing again till the next season.

Blues1990

You'd think Junkrat and Hog getting a new map with a whole theme of using disguises would have given them reason to add two new legendary skins for them like they did for Reinhardt in Eichenwlade

but NOPE everythings got to be tied to an event now

It's been mentioned that Roadhog will be getting a new skin soon, a la a post on the PlayOverwatch twitter account.

Gorillaz

I'm actually against best of 3. Control was easily my favorite game mode and I definitely felt 3 wins is a better indicator then 2.

Like yea I get it pros don't like control point and on some level i think its blizards least fsvirute as well but shit

LordofPwn

S6 changes can't come soon enough. "We tried something different in season 4 & 5 and noticed it didn't feel good" no shit, you owe me the difference between gold and plat comp points Jeff. Season 3 was my best season and then I drop 200+ SR after placements all so I can feel good when I earn a bunch of SR immediately having my soul crushed. Only had to go 11-3 this season to get back to plat. Hopefully now I'll only need to do my 10 placement matches to get where I belong. Gold is a special kind of hell with matchmaking that I feel like maybe they need to split it in 2.

2 month seasons are fine with me. More frequent lump sums of CP for me. Should be able to get another gold weapon skin next season.

On a positive note I've unlocked all Summer Games items.

Also enjoying doomfist being added to the game, now hero select seems to involve a lot more thought.

Veelk

Banned
3 Legendaries today.

One Summer Lucio, because apparently the game thinks there exists a circumstance where I would use it.

One Raindancer Pharah...which isn't too bad, actually

And one....grillmaster 76....Not BMX reaper or Goddess Mercy.....a Soldier skin.

*sigh*

3 Legendaries today.

One Summer Lucio, because apparently the game thinks there exists a circumstance where I would use it.

And one....grillmaster 76....Not BMX reaper or Goddess Mercy.....a Soldier skin.

*sigh*

Time to raise the steaks...and become a soldier main.

Veelk

Banned
Time to raise the steaks...and become a soldier main.

Even if I were to do that.

Which I wont

But even if I were, it wouldn't be with the Grillmaster Skin.

Cyborg 76 is his best skin. Like, to the point where I wouldn't hate him nearly as much if that was his default. But it's not, so...

Blues1990

3 Legendaries today.

*sigh*

That's a bummer to hear, man.

At least there's always next year, so you can save up to get the goodies you want.

Top Bottom