• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

_Legacy_

All we know is that Mercy is getting changed somehow, no one outside of Blizzard knows exactly what they are buffing/nerfing. I'm betting it's a nerf to her ult charge and maybe a buff somewhere else.

I'd personally like them to add a functionality where a Mercy can't use rez if she has been hiding for 10+ seconds beforehand. I've seen a lot of Mercys this season playing Overwatch like it's Metal Gear Solid.

HiiiLife

What's the most kills y'all have ever had in a competitive match? Season 2.

82. Haven't been able to get past it since. 70s is the best this season.

Gorillaz

No support or tanks yet

Someone picks Hanzo

Someone picks Genji

Someone picks Widowmaker

I'm forced to go support.
nah

See y'all need to learn that it's a 2 way street. Why should I feel bad or guilt tripped into support. If those guys are getting the job done and it clearly shows then yea I can take one for the team but if you have a triple dps situation and all 3 are shit when it is what is.

LifEndz

I think I miss the old lootbox system. At least then I would get enough dupes that I'd have the coins to buy whatever skins I wanted.

HiiiLife

Uhhhhhhh why am I playing with GMs when I'm only 2950? The hell is going on.

Edit: dunno why they're pairing me with players over a 1000 higher than me but that felt good winning.

Wooo! Talk about waiting to the last minute!

ilhGgmf.png

Edit: Wow that fake out with the animated short. Boo to that.

Anne

Evermore, the Korean 5KSR Roadhog player that quit KongDoo to stream, is putting a hell of a show in that Gamescom PUBG tournament.

Please, let her fucking dash without any targets. Only thing I want.
Oh hell yes plz and thank you.

Don't ruin Mercy blizzard I would never play anymore.

Also halving DVA's DM is just making her much much less useful again. If she can't eat ults then it's legit crushing her utility.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Mei short was really cute. With Junkertown coming up, I was honestly expecting one for Junkrat, so it caught me by surprise.

They released that ingame animation one a few days ago for Junkrat & Roadhog, it would have been wasteful to do this AND a CGI one with the same characters.

Blues1990

I just watched the new animated short.

-It wouldn't be a Blizzard game without references, so I love that Mei has a Murloc mug.
-From what I can tell, it seems Mei is pretty chummy with her co-workers. Neat.
-That Uprising Spray of Mei in her jammies is a fun bit of foreshadowing.
-Now we definitely have proof that she is indeed T H I C C and it wasn't just the illusion of heavy clothing. In short, SUCK IT!
-Okay, I was not ready for these feels. Goddamn it.
-I knew the subject itself would be depressing, based on what we already knew about Mei's story and the hints on the ECO-Point Antarctica map, but damn they did a great job making that a really emotional short.
-Also, I really hope we get both her jammies and that arctic gear as future Mei Legendary skins.
-We also need that Snowball high five as an emote.
-With only a few hours, Mei manages to design and build a portable version of her climate-manipulation tech, literally out of a box of scraps.
-The scientists dying was genuinely sad, but don't you try to pull that dead battery shit on me.With how the seasons work in the arctic, Mei would've been alone for months until the solar panels charged up.
-Mei preparing a final cup of tea/coffee for her friends crushed me. Goddamn it (again).

Losing a payload map 7-6 is awful. Especially when you lose 25 SR since you played flex and played five different characters over the course of the match so Blizzard's bullshit SR system screws you despite playing really well.

Chance

-With only a few hours, Mei manages to design and build a portable version of her climate-manipulation tech, literally out of a box of scraps.

Angry Weapons Manufacturer: Mei-Ling Zhou built this in the freezing cold! Without batteries! From a pile of scrap!

Meek Engineer: I'm sorry, Sir. I'm not Mei-Ling Zhou.

Blues1990

Angry Weapons Manufacturer: Mei-Ling Zhou built this in the freezing cold! Without batteries! From a pile of scrap!

Meek Engineer: I'm sorry, Sir. I'm not Mei-Ling Zhou.

Why did I picture Doomfist's voice actor quoting that line from the Iron Man movie?

Edit: "Rise and Shine, Ms Zhou. Wake up.... and smell the frost."

R0ckman

So many people jump when fighting mccree, absolutely terrible idea.

Had this Lucio I kept killing and he must have lost it, he hunted me down with speed boost and was dashing back and forth horizontally like he was on crack trying to take me out.

LiK

So many people jump when fighting mccree, absolutely terrible idea.

Had this Lucio I kept killing and he must have lost it, he hunted me down with speed boost and was dashing back and forth horizontally like he was on crack trying to take me out.

What do you mean?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tracer could really use a proper counter instead of a 'character with a lengthy cooldown that can sometimes counter her' or 'character that only really works on defense'

Maybe they'll do what they should do with Mei and make her freeze small hitbox characters much quicker

exYle

In a game that has no movement acceleration, jumping is the most predictable thing you can do in a duel. You shouldn't jump, you should rapidly strafe left and right and mix some crouches in there.

This is something that perhaps didn't cross the console-PC barrier. Auto aim compensates for those loose, jerky movements and moving the movement stick left and right is not as quick as AD spam. Moreover, by default, vertical aim sensitivity is lower than horizontal sensitivity. So on consoles, jumping is one of the more disorienting movements you can take

Blues1990

Tracer could really use a proper counter instead of a 'character with a lengthy cooldown that can sometimes counter her' or 'character that only really works on defense'

Maybe they'll do what they should do with Mei and make her freeze small hitbox characters much quicker

While I think she's fine, a couple of bug fixes and QOL changes would be nice.

It's weird. Most heroes can do her job better and can contribute more in a team.

I haven't watched the short yet. Was that the only thing on stream today?

There were other announcements, including revealing a Hearthstone animated musical (which I thought was fun to watch), and more info for the next patch for WOW: Legion.

LiK

In a game that has no movement acceleration, jumping is the most predictable thing you can do in a duel. You shouldn't jump, you should rapidly strafe left and right and mix some crouches in there.

Thanks for the clarification. I noticed that jumping is pretty bad against McCree. Altho it's a habit from team fights so that's probably why I still do it inadvertently.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
An hour later and I've only won one Lucioball match. I honestly really dislike this event because it makes me play Lucioball to get the 3 arcade win boxes, so instead of just ignoring this glitchy ass mess of a game mode, I keep having to play it.

Veelk

Banned
An hour later and I've only won one Lucioball match. I honestly really dislike this event because it makes me play Lucioball to get the 3 arcade win boxes, so instead of just ignoring this glitchy ass mess of a game mode, I keep having to play it.

Play one of the other modes?

I didn't so much as touch Lucioball after I got my win in it for the free lootbox.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Play one of the other modes?

I didn't so much as touch Lucioball after I got my win in it for the free lootbox.

Lucioball is much quicker, also, it usually only takes a handful of games to get the 3 wins but today it seems like I'm getting the worst players.

R0ckman

I've missed the hilarious scenarios in this game, since I'm easily amused sometimes I die because I'm too busy laughing.

I was playing attack on hanamura and my team was having trouble with a decent widowmaker shot. I switch to winston, thankfully my team was decent enough to keep most of the enemy team occupied and could deal with Torb while I focused down Widow, I would jump through that window on the left as you come in, plop my sheild down and just stare at her while my leap was on cool down, her desperately firing at it to get some shots on me before I get in her face. Eventually the Widow just panicked and grappled into meat grinder at the front gate and died lmao XD

Lucioball is much quicker, also, it usually only takes a handful of games to get the 3 wins but today it seems like I'm getting the worst players.
I play Lucio Ball for the same reason and went through the same thing yesterday, only I'm one of those worst players. I'd rather put up with the lopsided losses and troll taunts for five minutes at a time to get the occasional win, than spend more time in the other modes putting up with the same things for the even less occasional win. In Lucio Ball everyone is either equally terrible or everyone is equally terrible except for 2-3 skilled people who can end it quickly, and the only question is whether they're jerks about it.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like a fundamental design flaw of Mercy is that she is incapable of any activity if she's not healing. That's why she's so insanely vulnerable, and why Blizzard have to compensate with making her other abilities so strong/easy to use.

Until she can shoot while still doing her job, she's always going to be a liability if her abilities aren't stupidly strong.

antitrop

I feel like a fundamental design flaw of Mercy is that she is incapable of any activity if she's not healing. That's why she's so insanely vulnerable, and why Blizzard have to compensate with making her other abilities so strong/easy to use.

Until she can shoot while still doing her job, she's always going to be a liability if her abilities aren't stupidly strong.
They have to be very careful to still keep Zenyatta and Mercy unique. It would be very easy to turn Mercy into a flying Zenyatta and nobody wants that.

Mercy's flaw is that her damage output is trash, Zen's flaw is that his mobility is trash. That's what keeps them unique, even though they do overall similar things.

Veelk

Banned
They have to be very careful to still keep Zenyatta and Mercy unique. It would be very easy to turn Mercy into a flying Zenyatta and nobody wants that.

Mercy's flaw is that her damage output is trash, Zen's flaw is that his mobility is trash. That's what keeps them unique, even though they do overall similar things.

Agree. It just presents an issue with design. If Mercy's damage output is so trash as to be non-existant for a significant amount of time, then her other abilities have to be insanely good to compensate for that deficiency.

As a result, we have her regaining 40 hp per second if she isn't hit for like 2 seconds, she is invinvicle during her rez, she can fly in from anywhere, etc. At the moment, it's just too lopsided. I agree they have to keep her unique, but they also need to do something about this mess.

Top Bottom