• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

Is there a better counter for Symmetra mains than a Junkrat? Just played against one and she got completely destroyed.

Pharah acts as a hard counter to Symmetra's antics. Also, any hero that can create distance between the Symmetra player and the person that's trying to kill her, Soldier: 76, Widowmaker, & McCree are other examples. Reaper, so long as the player can land the shots, can kill a Symmetra with relative ease.

Junkrat needs a nerf. End of. That riptire he gets for simply doing nothing.

Pharah, Hanzo, Soldier: 76 and Widowmaker don't need to go near him to kill him. Anything that's a long range hitscan. :>

It's honestly better in the long run that Junkrat is much more viable, as opposed to being a minor annoyance. He slows Dive down, & he's possibly one of the few Defense Heroes that's a consistently good pick (although, Widow's buffs make her better in the long-run).

I'm hoping the development team starts to focus on making Defense Heroes actual counters to the other heroes and can fill the role they were originally designed for. Mei, for example, is used more as "staller" instead of "anti-flanker/defense hero" as she was meant to be.

Pharah acts as a hard counter to Symmetra's antics. Also, any hero that can create distance between the Symmetra player and the person that's trying to kill her, Soldier: 76, Widowmaker, & McCree are other examples. Reaper, so long as the player can land the shots, can kill a Symmetra with relative ease.
In my experience going 1v1 against Symmetra as McCree, all rolling does is let you squeeze off a few more shots that miss and delay the inevitable death from her homing laser. Unless you keep running after you roll, that is, and lead her into someone else's firefight.

Don't forget the instant death from a simultaneous frag/mine combo that now comes twice as fast.

antitrop

RIPTire's current state is one of the most embarrassing balance issues the game has ever had. Blizzard actually smoking crack on that one and that it's taking them so long to nerf it is fucking ridiculous.

I guess they're too busy with PTR DVa and Mercy to care that Junkrat has been ruining the game on Live for 2 weeks.

Blues1990

In my experience going 1v1 against Symmetra as McCree, all rolling does is let you squeeze off a few more shots that miss and delay the inevitable death from her homing laser. Unless you keep running after you roll, that is, and lead her into someone else's firefight.

From my experience, it's about knowing her effective range (and baiting the Symmetra player to use their barrier early) & staying out of it. If you can't kill Symmetra with a flash-bang combo, then your mechanics are not good enough for McCree and you have to switch to a different hero that has a little bit of leeway.

Swig_

I'm sure there are arguments against it, but I'd love to see a point system in FFA rather than just kills getting wins. I don't know how many times I've hurt people down to one shot, just to have someone else get the kill, especially those with splash damage. I know I've been on the benefiting end of some of those, but it still seems kind of unfair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tracer reminds me of rogues in vanillawow

someone needs to make a tracerwatch video 'sometimes i have to use ALL my cooldowns!'

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

If we have an insta-lock Hanzo and he dies in the first 15 seconds of a round, I quit. Don't give a fuck anymore. I have an 8 hour ban, currently. Honestly glad - maybe I can actually be productive with my Sunday now.

Shredderi

Why does Genji get to keep his ulti when he's killed right at the initiation? Why does he keep going during his ulti even after stunning him? It seems like they made him such a baby character with all these seeming exceptions to normal rules :/

So y'know those matches where you're very clearly in a rivalry with a particular player on the other side?

https://youtu.be/FVae_X5nlws

This is the first time that player sent me a PSN message after (that wasn't hate mail). <3 you, Chill Gold Gun Widowmaker.

For some reason my favorite part is when your Widow picks the Mercy out of the air.

DId... did that guy have a Haze avatar? I have now officially seen everything.

LiK

Competitive is straight up trash this season. My winrate is about 15%. That's not supposed to happen right? It was 50% every last season. Also these stupid fucking genji smurf fucks can go fuck themselves with a cactus fucking losers had to buy the game a second time in order to get opponents who they can dominate again. /notevenmadnonatatall.

Really starting to sour on this now.

Destiny 2 PC cant come soon enough.

Jesus christ PSN is garbage. Between Whats New never updating my overwatch stuff and Players Met being stick a day or two behind. Xbox can't be nearly as bad as this crap.

Hey guys, what did I miss?

Oh

Chance

DId... did that guy have a Haze avatar? I have now officially seen everything.

Y'know what's weirder? That's at least the second one to have sent me a message about Overwatch.

I like to think they either have no idea what Haze is, or it's ironic.

Dat butt showing about a minute into the video. >D

Whenever I trip over a Widow's mine or hear her ult - and it's a Widow I'm scared of - I'm either fighting the urge to wave and dance from behind a wall, or I'm waving and dancing from behind a wall. I like to think it's pretty funny, on their end, to activate their ult and see someone dancin' the Charleston.

Y'know what's weirder? That's at least the second one to have sent me a message about Overwatch.

I like to think they either have no idea what Haze is, or it's ironic.

I like to think there's some microscopic portion of the gaming community still banging the drum for Haze, meeting on GameFaqs late at night, painting everything they own yellow. What a blandly bad, forgettable game. Great box art and imagery, though.

Kysen

The quality of these contenders matches is trash, so imbalanced. Questionable plays left and right, feeding, wasting ults. Apex is way more watchable.

Blues1990

Whenever I trip over a Widow's mine or hear her ult - and it's a Widow I'm scared of - I'm either fighting the urge to wave and dance from behind a wall, or I'm waving and dancing from behind a wall. I like to think it's pretty funny, on their end, to activate their ult and see someone dancin' the Charleston.

And I meant to type Showbutting. Oops.

And that makes sense. While most Widowmaker players are a joke to deal with, the ones who can consistently land headshots are pretty terrifying. I can't blame you for chilling until they either forget about you or they start to hunt you down.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
A part of me dislikes the new Junkrat but another part of me wants to see Dive comp go out of favor through whatever means necessary so I like his buff for that reason. Sorry Winston, Dva, and Genji players.

Squad was good tonight. Went 5-0.

Season 6 has been good to me, a 70% win rate when I was below 50% the last two seasons, basically all Torb, Symmetra and Lucio.

Although I must say, I hate how switching characters mid game totally fucks up your character win rates.

Big Nikus

Just had the image freeze in the middle of a comp' game. Still could here sound and my character move, but image frozen... Got kicked out, lost 50sr. Fuck.

Blues1990

Season 6 has been good to me, a 70% win rate when I was below 50% the last two seasons, basically all Torb, Symmetra and Lucio.

Although I must say, I hate how switching characters mid game totally fucks up your character win rates.

Given that flexing is a big mechanic for the game, you'd think you wouldn't be penalize for switching characters. If anything, I wished one was reimbursed if the player does consistently well (with multiple characters) in a given match.

randome

I almost never switch anymore. I feel bad sometimes but overall I seem to be winning more and I lose less SR when I lose. Dumb move by blizzard for penalizing you for switching.

This season has been really weird, in a good way. Last season my winrate was below 40% for a long time, even when I played my best I still lost games that at one point appeared impossible to win for me no matter what.

In this season I have games in which I play like crap and we still win anyway (close to 70% wr), I feel like I'm doing the dumbest shit ever sometimes but it doesn't really matter.

Just went 7-1-1 with a 3-4 stack (Cappa, Owzers, Pinku, Batman).

I like this season.

^ I switch a lot and don't feel like I'm penalized, win or lose the numbers are always around 25sr.

Edit: My highlight today was when a Genji ulted to kill me as Torb on 2nd point horizon and I just looked at the ground and started dropping my armor while he was slashing me until I made it to the spawn.

Outplayed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
just got one of those e-mails from blizzard where they thanked me for making overwatch a better place and previously reported people got punished.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Owzers

Winning too many games will only make our losses feel worse.

Made some good progress today on PS4.

Up to 2650 now. Grouped up with two of my friends.
Went 5-1.
Mostly zen and Ana. Very little of Lucio when we needed to play around on the payload.

Anyone play ana on PS4? What setting do you guys use. Both sensitivity is 20 does aim assist work on her and if so does it take priority on your team ?

Veelk

Banned
I don't understand why people who are all on mic cannot coordinate a basic attack.

Just a simple attack strategy, that's all I was suggesting.

Ugh.

LiK

I don't understand why people who are all on mic cannot coordinate a basic attack.

Just a simple attack strategy, that's all I was suggesting.

Ugh.

Some people are on mic just to be there but they have no leadership or strategy. I've seen it happen too often in solo q which is why I gave up going into team chat.

antitrop

Hit Level 1000 xD

sKVANoJ.png

My long-abandoned PS4 account was Level 300, too

Top Bottom