• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Doomfist still needs fixing, can throw a trap as Junk or flashbang as McCree and even though he gets stopped is like the fist reaches out another few metres and still hits you.

mollipen

Even if I'm never able to do this again, at least I got to feel the joy once—and get POTG on top of first place. POTG BTW for killing three Genjis at once OHOHOHOHO.

I'm sorry to make you a murderer Mercy.

DJeDlV-VYAAFU4t.jpg

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Doomfist still needs fixing, can throw a trap as Junk or flashbang as McCree and even though he gets stopped is like the fist reaches out another few metres and still hits you.

He's already dropped to fourth lowest pick rate and third lowest win rate, and you guys want to nerf him more?

Hanzo has better stats than him in literally every category across all levels of play according to overbuff. Widowmaker is better in every stat but objective time and objective eliminations.

Even if I'm never able to do this again, at least I got to feel the joy once—and get POTG on top of first place. POTG BTW for killing three Genjis at once OHOHOHOHO.

"Impressive"

Seriously, that's nuts. I presume that literally all you can do is fall slowly and use your pistol right? GA doesn't work?

He's already dropped to fourth lowest pick rate and third lowest win rate, and you guys want to nerf him more?

Hanzo has better stats than him in literally every category across all levels of play according to overbuff. Widowmaker is better in every stat but objective time and objective eliminations.

Broke is broke, needs fixing. If you get stopped an invisible attack shouldn't keep going.

Mr Git

Sent a friend request your way. Not sure how much I'll be on tonight. Hurricane has me playing host for the foreseeable future.

Sent a friend request your way. Shoot an invite if you ever see me on.

If anyone else is looking to add. PSN ID: gibration

Ace cheers guys. I do use mic but current living situ means I don't if it's past 1am GMT, but moving in the next few weeks so will be able to whenever.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Broke is broke, needs fixing. If you get stopped an invisible attack shouldn't keep going.

So basically make it so that all network lag tiebreakers go against Doomfist, instead of deciding to let both hits be registered?

Nepenthe

Irma said "fuck your electricity" and I lost connection to the server right as a game started.

The worst part was that everyone was talking in chat and coordinating beautifully. Like, it was gonna be a good game, win or lose. And before the countdown ended I sent "teamwork makes the dream work."

I bet those guys hate me.

With his giant hitbox, head hitbox, slow movement and slow setup time Torbjorn deserves your protection more than Mercy

I like you.

But this days it seems like I can't even count on Orisa to put her shield in the right spot, yesterday my team lost the 1st point horizon when I had molten core because of that.

"Sorry I missed my shield"... you had one job!

Question:

You have your team and their shields on one side of the point.
Then you have Torbjorn, deciding where to set up.

Could there be an argument made for putting the turret at a flanking position separate from your team, then having Torb fire from behind cover with the team, occasionally moving said turret if needed?

People got real mad at me I didn't park myself behind the Rein all the time, but it worked.

It's not like the turret is a one time per match thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to see another AOE healer in the form of a grenadier with less heals than Ana's grenade but as a primary weapon

or just more healers in general

mollipen

I'd like to see another AOE healer in the form of a grenadier with less heals than Ana's grenade but as a primary weapon

or just more healers in general

Can Blizzard please just outright copy Caira from Evolve? Please? She deserves to be in a game that is actually alive, because she was soooo fun.

Spent the entire last season working my way from 1580-2390 and I couldn't manage to ever hit plat. Ended up quitting comp play after realizing it was a complete shit show. This season I placed at 2120 and I got to plat in about a week only playing Lucio / Zen (solo queue). My win rate with both is around 75-80%.

This game is fucking retarded.

Veelk

Banned
I'm really ready for the new Mercy to come in.

I still think she's going to be fairly overpowered at first, between the Valkyrie mode and new Rez. I don't see how any other healer can compete with an ultimate that's on a 30 second cooldown.

But atleast we won't have any more mass ctrl-z's on team fights anymore. That shit is just annoying.

I quit playing tonight after my ping rate started hovering around 170ms. I was firing on opponents my team had already mowed down. :\

What's an acceptable level for everyone to play at? Mine usually hovers around ~60ms, but during peak hours it spikes like it just did. Worst I've seen was 240ms.

hypernima

Banned
I'm really ready for the new Mercy to come in.

I still think she's going to be fairly overpowered at first, between the Valkyrie mode and new Rez. I don't see how any other healer can compete with an ultimate that's on a 30 second cooldown.

But atleast we won't have any more mass ctrl-z's on team fights anymore. That shit is just annoying.

You just kill her.

Veelk

Banned
You just kill her.

Oh shit, that's clever. My plan was to get her to surrender through discussion on how her ideology is flawed and morally bankrupt. You know, like how it works with Nazi's, but you're idea sounds a lot easier.

soldier oppresses the people trying to kill her tho

Well, he does. Any mobile character makes Mercy a pain because they grapple over and fly to them. Killing Mercy's is possible, but they can be extremely slippery on console.

Spent the entire last season working my way from 1580-2390 and I couldn't manage to ever hit plat. Ended up quitting comp play after realizing it was a complete shit show. This season I placed at 2120 and I got to plat in about a week only playing Lucio / Zen (solo queue). My win rate with both is around 75-80%.

This game is fucking retarded.

I absolutely think there's something weird about the matchmaking that may have been fixed in the recent changes. Last season I went 2-8 in my placement matches (I was hovering around 2400-2600 the season before) but got placed at around 2600. Upon further investigation almost all of them were with people who were in the 2700-3100 range... like what?

Guess blizz is trying to even things out by giving our group the worst randoms ever today lol

After yesterday I can't be mad though, it's just how it is.

hypernima

Banned
Oh shit, that's clever. My plan was to get her to surrender through discussion on how her ideology is flawed and morally bankrupt like she's a nazi, but you're idea sounds a lot easier.

Well, he does. Any mobile character makes Mercy a pain because they grapple over and fly to them. Killing Mercy's is possible, but they can be extremely slippery on console.

Eh, I've never had much of a problem killing console Mercies. Whether on Tracer/Soldier/Reaper...etc

I lose one game and then go on win streak. I'll take it. Called it after 2-1 though lol because last game we didn't cap first point on eichenwalde. Got 80%. then we had to defend. out of nowhere this soldier shitted on the mercy who wasn't the original mercy during attack. You know, die with res yadda yadda.
Switched to dva during def since the whole mercy sym and zen wasn't doing it. So it was sym and mercy on support. I did my job. die to zen and ate zaryas and bastion ult. We won. So that's all that matter.

Still padding my win rate with zen. Lol
At 76%. 23-7-1

Nepenthe

I'm not sure one Lucio not using his Smooth emote counts as a dance party. I mean, it's funny, but it's a party of one.

That's just a guy dancing.

Hey, a party of one is still a party!

I don't have Smooth because I started playing in the middle of the anniversary and didn't get enough coins to buy it- DON'T JUDGE ME.

Played some games with blues1990. We won the first two comp games, then lost the last one. Wasn't enough to get me back into gold before getting demoted to silver, but I'm only 74 SR away.

I also realized I need to rebind my ult. I did two accidental ults in the last game we played, which just happened to be the one we lost. I reach for w and hit q.

Anyone else getting lots of voice chat errors the past few days?

I get one about once a week. And have for like the past month.

Owzers

Game won with Frester: 1
Games won with Ned/Batman/cappa: 0

Frester you main the same character my one irl friend who plays this game mostly mains that's why I was wondering if you play others since you have so many Zen hours.

karasu

No freaking way. Your Junkrat is op as fuck with his two land mines that keep me from ever getting anywhere near him with my fist. Back when I was a Junkrat main, I thought it was nuts that they took away his self inflicted damage. Now they've given him TWO fucking landmines and an inescapable ult to make him even more annoying. While Doomfist is weak as fuck. I can hit Bastion directly with his ult and he just laughs and shreds the shit out of me

Blues1990

Played some games with blues1990. We won the first two comp games, then lost the last one. Wasn't enough to get me back into gold before getting demoted to silver, but I'm only 74 SR away.

I also realized I need to rebind my ult. I did two accidental ults in the last game we played, which just happened to be the one we lost. I reach for w and hit q.

Good games, BTW. While I didn't pay too much attention to your D.Va play, you did some solid work as Lucio.

Frester

Game won with Frester: 1
Games won with Ned/Batman/cappa: 0

Frester you main the same character my one irl friend who plays this game mostly mains that's why I was wondering if you play others since you have so many Zen hours.

One and done. Last season my time was more evenly split between Tracer and Zen but this season it seems like no one wants to heal. I'm a decent Mei as well, tank is the class that I have the least time in.

randome

Does anyone else think this game is set up to give you streaks? It's really weird. I'll gain 150 SR one day, lose 100sr the next, gain 125sr the next, etc. Its like it knows how to pair you with bad people if you did good the previous day and good people if you did bad. Very weird.

Top Bottom