• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

When I joined a few Gaffers who were in Gold and played with a majority of Gold players, the lack of game sense and trickling was just bewildering.

Yup. 5643 got it right with his "...scatter like cockroaches." simile. I feel like I have to be very active on mic every Gold comp game, otherwise it's like I'm back coaching peewee soccer- everyone is either off looking at flowers and bugs or in a herd chasing the ball.

And for the love of god, TURN ON YOUR KILL FEED! I swear, a lot of trickling down here happens because people have literally no clue who is alive or dead on either team.

caesar

Banned
It's not that hard to believe, imo. Gold games are complete trash tier for the most part.

You can either pick the 5th (or in some cases 6th) dps and attempt to carry and lose, or you can pick tank/heals and have your team scatter like roaches.

It is hard to believe, put me in Gold solo q and I will win probably like 95% of the time.

JWiLL

Banned
He can't even see the enemy soldier.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintSullenPicklesTheThing

His laugh is pretty funny at least. I never watched his streams though, too many players already.

That was pretty great. His streams are fun...unless you catch him in a bad moment I'm not sure how he can be taken as toxic. He has a bit of arrogance as most top players too, but nothing too bad.

Also easily some of the most entertaining hitscan gameplay. His McCree is insane, even compared to most other pros.

Yup. 5643 got it right with his "...scatter like cockroaches." simile. I feel like I have to be very active on mic every Gold comp game, otherwise it's like I'm back coaching peewee soccer- everyone is either off looking at flowers and bugs or in a herd chasing the ball.

And for the love of god, TURN ON YOUR KILL FEED! I swear, a lot of trickling down here happens because people have literally no clue who is alive or dead on either team.

Isn't the kill feed being on the default? Why would someone actively turn it off?

finalflame

Gold Member
That was pretty great. His streams are fun...unless you catch him in a bad moment I'm not sure how he can be taken as toxic. He has a bit of arrogance as most top players too, but nothing too bad.

Also easily some of the most entertaining hitscan gameplay. His McCree is insane, even compared to most other pros.

I've been a huge moon fan since he began streaming, sub for 16 months, god sub currently, etc, but he is a pretty trash at hitscan..any time I see him playing McCree I can't help but think he's unintentionally throwing. Go look at actual good hitscan players, like IDDQD or Calvin, for comparison.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultPopularFennelDatBoi
"what is this shit"

"I like riddles"

these clips are hilarious and the over the top music makes it perfect might have to watch the stream tonight lol

He's fucking hilarious when he has ideas like this. Night streams next week will all be variety -- I'm actually kinda stoked for it.

Prelude.

I think Overwatch might be the first FPS I've ever played that had the killfeed off by default and I've been playing them since Wolfenstein 3D. It's baffling.
Something something visual clutter, don't want to overwhelm new players with informations.
For that reason let's make a huge, non-transparent icon to indicate the control point so you can't see who's on it from a distance.

JWiLL

Banned
I've been a huge moon fan since he began streaming, sub for 16 months, god sub currently, etc, but he is a pretty trash at hitscan..any time I see him playing McCree I can't help but think he's unintentionally throwing. Go look at actual good hitscan players, like IDDQD or Calvin, for comparison.

Wait...did you think I was talking about MoonMoon? I was talking about IDDQD.

Mr Git

Played about 10 matches with new Dva now including a few on comp. Think I've settled in and still averaging about 6k damage blocked so it's not too bad. I was already playing a fairly aggressive dva so the extra damage output has been serving me well. Count me in the club who used to use fire to cancel boost regularly though which I still haven't stopped accidentally doing yet.

finalflame

Gold Member
Wait...did you think I was talking about MoonMoon? I was talking about IDDQD.

Oh, oops! I totally misunderstood who you were referring to (just assumed the clip was the same linked moonmoon clip in my other quote). IDDQD is truly a god amongst DPS.

Next week.

The more I play Junkertown, the more I like it. All 3 of its areas are pretty unique in how you approach them, though I do think think I've seen a defense hold on point b once.

i should get around and playing it. to at least know where the healthpack and spots to hang out at.

me, solo healing and dead

Junkrat, standing in view of my now clearly labeled respawn countdown: "need healing! need healing!"

IWpii4n.gif
Mercy just got a gun buff use it

on your team

Next week.

The more I play Junkertown, the more I like it. All 3 of its areas are pretty unique in how you approach them, though I do think think I've seen a defense hold on point b once.

I've played like 5-6 rounds of the new map and have defended zero times.

I am not prepared.

Blues1990

I can't stop getting duplicates since latest (Junkertwon) patch. I think they went back to old lootboxes, lol.

While I've been getting duplicates, I have been getting new Legendary skins when they drop, such as Griefhardt from last night.

I still get something new every so often, so it's not too bad.

I sometimes look forward to these more than the official update videos.

Sombra's highlight intro hack should always be on the enemy team

feelsbadman for my team building

The only time I had this equipped and got a PotG with her it was when me and a McCree cleaned up on the final push of Eichenwalde with a pulse and high noon combo followed by some light cleaning up of remnants.
So of course the highlight intro has me sniping his McCree PotG which then looks less than impressive (jumping around the payload, bullets just about flying into multiple people, half of which are actually finished by high noon)

Went straight back to the pulse one afterwards.

I didn't see anything in the patch notes, but FFA Deathmatch seems far less forgiving of "inactivity" before booting you from a game after the latest patch. The game seems to boot you more quickly for not scoring kills than before.

That's great on them. *Scarcastic Thumbs Up*

There is no lottery involved. Everyone I know who made a smurf eventually got around the SR of their main accounts. Games below masters are easy wins most of the time assuming you are masters or higher.

High masters is the true elo hell. It takes most people a while to get over that.

Mr Git

My friend's interviewing Cara Theobald and apparently he's gonna tell her how much she's influenced my vocab. I mean I have basically lived several days as Tracer.

Schlep

Games below masters are easy wins most of the time assuming you are masters or higher.

No way. If you're a good player, getting out of anything gold or under doesn't take too much effort if you're great with a hero or two. Once you start getting into plat, you have to start flexing to offset bad teamplay. People at this level usually have decent accuracy and can do well, but the teamwork doesn't always coalesce. Once you hit diamond, the teamwork is better, and it starts becoming more a battle of just how good each of the people are at their heroes.

Haven't hit masters yet, which I'm sure has its own issues. I would never classify anything in plat or diamond as an easy win unless you just happen to be paired with a good/great team. I'd say that happens in plat 20% of the time and diamond is 50/50 or less.

No way. If you're a good player, getting out of anything gold or under doesn't take too much effort if you're great with a hero or two. Once you start getting into plat, you have to start flexing to offset bad teamplay. People at this level usually have decent accuracy and can do well, but the teamwork doesn't always coalesce. Once you hit diamond, the teamwork is better, and it starts becoming more a battle of just how good each of the people are at their heroes.

Haven't hit masters yet, which I'm sure has its own issues. I would never classify anything in plat or diamond as an easy win unless you just happen to be paired with a good/great team. I'd say that happens in plat 20% of the time and diamond is 50/50 or less.

umm no. diamond and below is absolute garbage tier. it amazes me everytime blizz matchmaking fails just how absurdly dumb they all are

Top Bottom