• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

A big 2.0 type thing would be awesome but I doubt it’s feasible. Looking at the current content release rate, I can’t imagine them managing to do anything substantial in any reasonable timeframe.

Solo queue is pure trash or amazing.

Solo queuing a large sample of matches is fairly accurate. It is the most reliable way of climbing if you are good and better than the said rank you are at.

Stacks and duos largely depend on the overall skill level of stack AND hero pool. If you duo with a good tank main and you are a good DPS, you will climb fairly fast; this is arguably the most consistent way of climbing.

Six stacks are hard. You need someone to lower the average SR while performing well overall, or have smurfs in the stack. It depends on hero pools too; I've seen crappy mario party stacks who run whatever the fuck they are "good" at i.e characters that are on their desktop backgrounds. Those stacks will obviously lose to organized ones that have complete hero pools that complement each other e.g our six stack was mainly dive and everyone had like a designated role depending on hero pools.

In short: solo queue isn't bad; you belong there if you don't climb after a large number of matches. Stacks only make you climb faster if it has people of compatible hero pools/non-overlapping.

Throwers and Mercy mains are not an excuse to get stuck in plat; it is an easy rank to climb out of since the average mechanics there are so low in standards compared to other shooters.

Chance

WHO SAID WHAT ABOUT A HALLOWEEN TRACER SKIN?!

tenor.gif

My favorite is Everyone starts off friendly. Talkative. Then once they can't push through choke it gets all quiet until after the round is complete. Then they blame everyone and then throw
I had a few games people enjoyed the l because we out up a fight which is cool if it's not a shut out

Chance

Nothing can compare to her Graffiti skin.

I was sayin' the exact same thing about Rose after the New Year event, but look at us now! Consider the options!

Magical Girl Tracer!

Pulp Fiction Cosplay Tracer!

Shinobi Tracer!

Reaper Cosplay!

Magician Tracer!

Highschool Tracer!

Pirate Tracer!

Military Dress!

Día de Muertos!

Rockabilly!

Old Timey!

Business Casual!

Or, my perhaps personal favorite, just the Graffiti skin without the vapor mask.

Fingers crossed for a variant next Anniversary!

Blues1990

I was sayin' the exact same thing about Rose after the New Year event, but look at us now! Consider the options!

All of which are solid options (one of my friends would go crazy for Magical Girl Tracer). But for me, Graffiti & Punk are my favourite Tracer skins, bar none.

As for a Halloween skin, a Ghost/Phantom Tracer skin would be really cool and fitting based on her backstory.

Next match is a bunch of people playing Offense and Defense and spamming "Thanks" because we are obviously losing.

I don't understand people sometimes

Blues1990

Ooh Phantom Tracer would be coool...

It's probably one of the better Halloween skin suggestions, along with Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde for Winston.

I know people complain about Tracer having the lion's share of the Legendary skin in-take, but I'm not that picky for whomever gets what, so long as the cosmetics are evenly distributed. They were pretty good with benching Tracer in the cosmetics department this year, and I'm satisfied with the skins the other heroes got. Lucio's Jazzy and Mei's Beekeeper skins being my favourites, but I'm not all that happy that my muscle bound woman of rapture (read: Zarya) was short-changed. Again.

The amount of Tracer on this page is making me ill.

:>

I feel like the report system on console is gonna be totally useless because people are abusing it.

Team of 6 players who all refuse to go tank or healer and they all report each other.

Zarya, despite having some of the easiest skin ideas out there, has like no decent skins outside of her Summer Games ones. Like, where's my Amazon Zarya? She's a beauty that deserves better than whatever the fuck Cyberpunk is meant to be.

AbaFadi

Banned
i dont know what this means but at the lower ranks no one is smart enough to offer anything useful over voice chat, nor know how to react to anything useful being said over voice chat. youre actually better off not joining tbh

Why are you always being matched up with people who are way below your rank?

Skii

Oh to live your life for a day on Overwatch.

You can always mute the people who are annoying you. But dont go into games not in voice chat because you expect everyone to be toxic. There will be a few people who want to work together and you are ruining the game for them as well as diminishing your chances of winning.

I know blizzard are an embarrassment when it comes to dealing with the toxicity but treating everyone like they're toxic is almost as bad.

Well I just had the weirdest fucking thing ever happen. Popped EMP as Sombra, the full effect goes off I see hacked symbols and everything. I get headshotted a split second later, respawn and have full ult meter again.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You are actively throwing by not joining voice chat. Almost as bad as Torb on attack.
I'll be in voice chat, but I've never been under the impression actively participating in comms has had any heavy impact on my w/l ratio. So I don't bother with it much these days.

Ugh fell into Diamond and now I'm stuck, every match goes the same

Pick my main
2-3 people insta pick Offense/Defense
One person goes Healer or other Tank
Last person goes Hanzo/Widow/Least Useful possible hero

Fuck my life

Zarya, despite having some of the easiest skin ideas out there, has like no decent skins outside of her Summer Games ones. Like, where's my Amazon Zarya? She's a beauty that deserves better than whatever the fuck Cyberpunk is meant to be.

Yeah Cybergoth & Industrial skins are straight trash. The Cyberian one is nice (and it pairs really well with the gold gun), but nothing tops her weightlifter skins. So glad they re-introduced them this year. I didn't get them during last year's event.

Finally!

randome

Man I’m getting paired up with some absolute turds tonight, this is nuts. At least I’m not losing much sr. It just seems like our dps can never get picks.

Veelk

Banned
Zarya looks nice with her natural hair, but otherwise I don't like the Weightlifter skins at all.

I actually do like the Cyberian skin. I just don't like her helmet and think she'd look better without the Iron Man face mask, but that's a small price to pay for the rest of the armor.

LOL. twice. i got baited second guessing to use res on teh rein. which mean leave point when the other team mate need more heals other than zen. loss first point twice because of that. could have won but ended up at a draw.

Team wipes on Hanamura, everyone is dead and waiting to respawn. Mercy is standing outside of choke and pops Valkyrie to rez one whole person then promptly gets taken down by Soldier. Then swaps to Junkrat with 1:30 left on the clock

At this point I can't even accept these losses as being my fault. How the fuck do you deal with all this idiocy.

I agree, there's not nearly enough and I too find it distressing.

Don't worry, I'm all over this. I got'cher back.

tracer can cure you of that.
Y'ALL CAN MAKE LIKE GRAFFITI TRACER AND HUFF PAINT

Zarya looks nice with her natural hair, but otherwise I don't like the Weightlifter skins at all.

I actually do like the Cyberian skin. I just don't like her helmet and think she'd look better without the Iron Man face mask, but that's a small price to pay for the rest of the armor.
I don't really care much for regular Zarya as she just ends up looking messy and overdesigned, but I looove her Summer Games skins for the hair. I wish they would play around with that more, its why I love her Thunder Guard look in Heroes of the Storm. I was hoping they would give her a Barbarian look for the Diablo anniversary from the handful of months ago but alas it was not meant to be. I think they should've kept the Summer Games look as her standard appearance, because her being a beefcake makes her stand out enough, the P!NK aesthetic on top of that is a lil overboard.

Top Bottom