• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

You can do just fine in solo queue over the long term if you do two things

1)Get on the mic yourself and say hi, get everyone into the game and in chat together as best you can

2) stay positive

I would agree except every YouTuber who's been preaching that have had the worst Comp games this season in solo Q. Even Stylosa who's like the most positive dude made several videos recently ranting about how awful Comp has been for him. Like how some dudes literally threw the game by dancing through the entire match.

Two comp games, two leavers, lulz.

That's now 12 out of my last 14 games with a leaver and a forced loss.

No amount of positivity or friendly talk can fix that.

rulerk1

Micromanaging teammates is also good at leveling up. Honesty people aren't bad (I don't like calling out poor performances either) but they just don't know who to focus. people need guidance

aBarreras

also, i still dont know why i can play overwatch, i never bought it,

the only thing i can think of is since my brother has it on pc and my xbox one is his principal xbox one, somehow he is sharing OW to me?

i really dont know, i mean, i cant complain, the game is fun

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I havent played much in 6 months but did they nerf junkrats damage at all? Or his ult, doesnt feel like it does as much.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hmm, i must be doing something wrong then :D

Ramirez

1)Get on the mic yourself and say hi, get everyone into the game and in chat together as best you can

2) stay positive

I've solo q'd 90% of my comp matches, it has got progressively worse every season. No amount of talking nice is going to stop people from throwing if that's what they intend on doing.

LiK

I've solo q'd 90% of my comp matches, it has got progressively worse every season. No amount of talking nice is going to stop people from throwing if that's what they intend on doing.

Do you use mic often in solo Q? I don't recall hearing you talk much when we grouped up.

LAM09

2) stay positive

I always use my mic, but the chances of even three people being in team chat is slim. A large number of people with the odd exceptions will pick whatever they want and two fingers to their team.

Had someone on my team yesterday that dropped down 600SR thanks to throwing games as Torb.

JHall

I feel like Mercy mains are bitter and trying to take their frustration out on everyone now lol

Season 2 and 3 gold and plat players are suddenly top 500 with 45% win rates because they one trick Mercy. The best part is that they literally can't play any other character! So if you have two one trick Mercys on your team it's an automatic lose.

The quality of games has gone down significantly as well. Every third game there is a troll or thrower.

feel

After bitching about the toxicity of Comp yesterday, I jumped in last night again ready to mute everything at the first sign of it, and ended up playing with nice players all night, who stayed friendly or silent even while suffering crushing defeat. Comp is so unpredictable.

But yeah, moving forward I'm just going to play what I want to play and silence the people who are even a tiny bit mean even if that voicechat isolation costs us the match

AbaFadi

Banned
I feel like Mercy mains are bitter and trying to take their frustration out on everyone now lol

My biggest problem with them is like when you get two or more of them on your team or they're clearly getting dived all game. Mercy is really only good for her ult and if you can't get any ults off, you're not really helping. With dive being as strong as it is now, protecting them won't really do much against a winston+genji+tracer a lot of times.

Two man groups and one locks Mercy are the worst.

Ignore a 3 man Rez then blow it Rezzing just their friend, probably hanzo or Genji, friend get healed first when at 90% while main tank is at 10%. Probably switch to gun if friend dies and no Rez ready.

Mr Git

Got double booked on the rota so have a surprise friday night off. Probably gonna spend the next several hours playing if anyone's on. Unless playing with randoms turns out to be horrible and then sporadic Persona 5.

kurahador

Welp...3 losing streak. Got one match dude throwing the game because someone didn't use the hero he wants him to use.
He just choose Mei and ice block the base over and over.

Guess this is the authentic Overwatch Comp solo q experience.

Eggiem

Two comp games, two leavers, lulz.

That's now 12 out of my last 14 games with a leaver and a forced loss.

No amount of positivity or friendly talk can fix that.

10 games - 2 games with a leaver/ forced loss. I feel you.

I am Mercy/Zen/Rein "main" since season 1. My duo-q partner picks Lucio most of the time. Works like a charm in Plat-Dia. ;)

IKizzLE

Yup, solo qua is uncharacteristically awful this season. Definitely lost 15 games in a row over the course of 3 days. Taking a break after 3 losses...

Well, at least my experience with comp this season isn't an isolated experience. Sucks that it seems to be a problem all across the board. How do you fix that? Outside of better reporting and following up on that reporting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I went 2-3, hitting my all time SR high at 2163 as Orisa, DVa, and Winston, but feel I'm hitting a wall here.

Could someone review my losses to give some tips on what needs the most work? I know I don't communicate much here but I didn't know what to say that wouldn't just be toxic complaining. I think I even once typed about medals but deleted it knowing that it's a dumb excuse for a loss.

0:00

1:04:03

1:24:29

Played my first match in Comp since the Roadhog nerf last night. Its such a strange experience watching Healers and DPS getting pulled in by his hook and surviving now.

Enemy team had a Roadhog on Offense on Volskaya, we utterly obliterated them and held them at 0% capture.

Top Bottom