• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Azzanadra

Anyone want to play with me in silver? I am heading towards deep bronze at this rate. cant afford to lose anymore...

I play Rein mainly

how is Lifesaver POTG not higher in the potg category. like mine was great instead of zarya grav and then pharah just standing there left clicking.

We are defending numbani. my team was top (main) of Point A and i was on the other side healing and had to jump off so i stood on the point for a bit. but i see my teammate just keep pushing in so i decided to go up the steps and as i was making my way up i see a pharah flanking and i'm like this bitch about to ult on them. i flick that sleep dart so hard i thought i miss because it was going up her head but when she ulted she went straight to sleep lol.

LiK

Widows simply killing people getting PotGs is the worst. You just see them standing and shooting. second worst after Torb turret only kills PotGs. lmao

Finally a good koth game, 3-2 with no throwers on either side, 100-99 in the last point. Now this is the ow I like.

Widows simply killing people getting PotGs is the worst. You just see them standing and shooting. second worst after Torb turret only kills PotGs. lmao

What? Those are the best!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Should've saved my clip when I 1vs1 a hog today as winston.

He was not good in that fight obviously but it was still fun to see. I would never take my chances before the nerf.

Also nano winston is awesome, melting the mercy in the middle of all of them with no fear feels good.

xviper

this is getting out of hand, first they RUINED Reinhardt and don't plan on fixing him, and now they nerfed Roadhog

what is wrong with Blizzard ? why don't they nerf an actual overpowered hero like Zarya or Pharah ??

and did they buff D.va ?? she seems to be destroying everyone now

Blues1990

this is getting out of hand, first they RUINED Reinhardt and don't plan on fixing him, and now they nerfed Roadhog

what is wrong with Blizzard ? why don't they nerf an actual overpowered hero like Zarya or Pharah ??

But they did nerf the charge absorption for Zarya's shields some time ago, and they did fix the bug affecting the animation speed on Reinhardt’s rocket hammer.

xviper

But they did nerf the charge absorption for Zarya's shields some time ago, and they did fix the bug affecting the animation speed on Reinhardt’s rocket hammer.

the damage of Zarya is insanely overpowered when high charged, it can kill Reinhardt in less than 5 seconds and he got 500 health

no, they haven't fixed Reinhardt's hammer, it's still slow and doesn't touch the enemies

Anyone want to play with me in silver? I am heading towards deep bronze at this rate. cant afford to lose anymore...

I play Rein mainly
What button is your Charge bound to?

Trick question - it should be unbound.

After playing some Paladins, I like a design approach where tanks and support characters can do solid damage instead of one where people say "You're a tank, so you shouldn't be killing things."

Moonkid

When you can't take point b on horizon with 6 and a half minutes

full

Blues1990

the damage of Zarya is insanely overpowered when high charged, it can kill Reinhardt in less than 5 seconds and he got 500 health

no, they haven't fixed Reinhardt's hammer, it's still slow and doesn't touch the enemies

Huh, I thought the new patch was going to fix Reinhardt?

As for Zarya, she's fine. She can become extremely powerful, but the trade-off to that power is her being the squishiest of the Tank Heroes (with the lowest base Health) and only an infrequent, short-duration barrier to protect her and her team. Also, her barriers don't provide anit knock-back (I don't know why they changed this) anymore.

Fought tooth and nail tonight in competitive tonight, ended up going 6-6-2 overall. Solo queued for about half of it, then met up with three guys who were cool and we grouped up for the other half. Had some ups and downs overall - had one match on KOTH where we lost 3-2 even though we had a Torbjorn thrower who did absolutely nothing (like Molten Coring when he didn't have a turret and was coming back from spawn). But I ended up 30 points up in SR. Not quite Platinum yet (of course) but I think I only need 5 or 6 more wins for a gold weapon now. I was originally going to get it for Lucio, but I've been on a tear as Zenyatta and am thinking about golden balls instead. Hmmmm. Big decision to make.

Nepenthe

Asked for more heals on Eichenwald in a quick match because we had only had Ana and no real tanks (I was Reaper.)

Was literally told "We're not playing fucking meta."

We inevitably lose.

The guys on mic start complaining about the loss.

I literally chatted ""We're not playing meta."" We should've played meta. xDD"

Pissed them off. Got told to shut the fuck up. And that I smell.

If you don't want to play meta, don't bitch when you lose to a team that does play meta. xD

Blues1990

Fought tooth and nail tonight in competitive tonight, ended up going 6-6-2 overall. Solo queued for about half of it, then met up with three guys who were cool and we grouped up for the other half. Had some ups and downs overall - had one match on KOTH where we lost 3-2 even though we had a Torbjorn thrower who did absolutely nothing (like Molten Coring when he didn't have a turret and was coming back from spawn). But I ended up 30 points up in SR. Not quite Platinum yet (of course) but I think I only need 5 or 6 more wins for a gold weapon now. I was originally going to get it for Lucio, but I've been on a tear as Zenyatta and am thinking about golden balls instead. Hmmmm. Big decision to make.

One I get Mei's Gold Gun, I'll be getting Zen's Gold Orbs. Shit's fucking delicious, man.

byD2xg.gif

Balls. It's gotta be the golden balls. Do it.

What button is your Charge bound to?

Trick question - it should be unbound.

I'm a big fan fan of the jump-turn 90degrees left or right and Charge into a wall pin. No one wants to try to walk through your shield after that. Charge is good for getting back in the fight, too.

But yeah, forward Charges are... bad for business, shall we say. And so, so tempting at the same time.

What time do you play? What characters? In the US?

Yeah I'm US, east coast.

I'm on by 9pm every nite and whenever I get a chance.

I like to play McCree, soldier, reaper, Zarya, Ana, Zen. I'm a serviceable Rein, Winston, Lucio, D.Va.

This season it's mostly Zarya and tryin to fill gaps in the team comp.

I was at like 76% win on Zarya til the last few days of nonstop leavers and trolls.

I'm jumpin on right now if ya wanna play send me a FR...same as gaf.

LiK

Yeah I'm US, east coast.

I'm on by 9pm every nite and whenever I get a chance.

I like to play McCree, soldier, reaper, Zarya, Ana, Zen. I'm a serviceable Rein, Winston, Lucio, D.Va.

This season it's mostly Zarya and tryin to fill gaps in the team comp.

I was at like 76% win on Zarya til the last few days of nonstop leavers and trolls.

I'm jumpin on right now if ya wanna play send me a FR...same as gaf.

You can join my group in QP if you wanna play together.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Mercy gains SR by healing numbers and resses. Lots of healing and and lots of resses at a plat level is good. If all you do is play Mercy, you will generally heal more and res more on average, so you gain more when you win, loss less when you lose. Kaboomz had a Mercy main yesterday on his team who had a season high of like ~3000 for season 4, and was 4000+ season 5 already. It's pretty big issue, because diamond level Mercys obviously aren't as good as master and GM supports who climbed legit.

Edit: GM Mercy mains: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6j24mc/meanwhile_mercy_mains_in_mastersgm/

That's a really good example for why individual stats should not affect SR. Win streaks are probably a better way to help people out of ELO hell than this.

Moonkid

Yeah sorry about that I was lagging a crap ton, at least we managed to pull the win in the end though. I'm gonna have to find a way to either get a wired connection or maybe get a monitor downstairs where my router is.

Today I was fighting a solo Lucio as Winston. I was basically at full health when a Mercy came to help me... she spent the whole time healing me. That fight took much longer than it was supposed to.

That Mercy clip is a good example why I don't take SR seriously at all anymore. What's the point of perfecting my Tracer mechanics if playing like that gets me GM.

Top 500 gameplay right here https://clips.twitch.tv/RamshackleDeafFrogDatBoi

When a top 500 Mercy main makes a bronze smurf https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetEagerNostrilDendiFace

I love watching that dude reactions to mercy stuff lol

Yeah sorry about that I was lagging a crap ton, at least we managed to pull the win in the end though. I'm gonna have to find a way to either get a wired connection or maybe get a monitor downstairs where my router is.

Powerline maybe? Much better than wireless at least.

Moonkid

Powerline maybe? Much better than wireless at least.
Yeah for sure, in my previous house I had a router on my desk and I used an ethernet cable which made lag a non-issue. Now it's a bit of a coin toss and it seems to be getting worse i.e. to the point where I can't just ignore it and hope for the best haha.

Anne

Maybe, but what else is the reason?

Players giving up on the game? SR retooling? Nothing changed and everyone always thinks the current time is the worst time?

The SR system has been garbage from the start. It's just that, over time the symptoms get worse and worse. Since nothing has changed and design issues like Mercy/Sombra boosting got figured out, the whole ladder just gets messier.

KyleCross

When I hit level 25 it's going to be interesting to see what rank I get in comp on PC. I know it's going to be low. I'm a high platinum on PS4, but I am flat out terrible on PC. I'm expecting silver.

Had two really great games, wonder if I should just stop. It's 9am saturday, I know the trolls are coming in full force D:

This clip was from right after he finished his placements, I watched this live and almost fell out of my chair because I was laughing so hard. I fucking love xQC, his rage is GLORIOUS.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SnappyUnsightlyScallionTwitchRaid

Bonus clip from today of him raging at D.va lmao

https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticResilientDragonflyWholeWheat

Haha

"Garbage game! Piece of shit game!"

Has a golden border xD

I get his feeling though.

Top Bottom