• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Skii

I think the recolours of her normal skin amongst the rares are actually done extremely well. They are usually awful with the most bland recolour jobs but they actually put effort with Sombra by recolouring lipstick etc.

Yep, D.va's emote was the first, but I'd be shocked if it was the last one.
Animated sprays for legendaries. No idea how you would make a legendary voice line without it being too much of a ripoff though.

A voiceline that cycles through multiple different outputs maybe, like a character saying a different random knock-knock joke each time the voiceline is used.

AbaFadi

Banned
Out of curiosity,
1. Have you guys gone up or down in rank from your placement?
2. What role do you normally play? (Instalock dps? Support? Tank? Wait and fill as needed?)
3. Are you comfortable playing any role?

1. I placed at around 2520 at the start of the season, got my season high up to 4083 (it's possible to move up in rank).
2. I instalock tank because nobody wants to play a tank besides Roadhog.
3. I can play dps if needed but I'd rather just stick to tanks.

Kurumi

Guess I won't be trying out Sombra. I get put in queue then I either get a time out error or unexpected server error while waiting in queue.

All skins:

https://imgur.com/a/Ms7Pt

Cyberspace is the clear standout.

I actually am not a fan of any of the Legendaries this time around. Looks like I'm going Noche:
8jpa6hL.png

Plus, I think the Golden Gun will look pretty great with that skin. With Season 2 almost over, it looks like she just might get my next Golden.

Jellie

So is there a new brawl for only Reinhardt and Lucio? Just tried the arcade and could only pick them. Just charges and hammer downs everywhere.
I actually am not a fan of any of the Legendaries this time around. Looks like I'm going Mar:

Plus, I think the Golden Gun will look pretty great with that skin. With Season 2 almost over, it looks like she just might get my next Golden.

Yeah best skin IMO. The colours on the others are too much for me, though cyberspace is nice too.

I like the idea of the Azucar skin but those colors just don't work. Los Muertos is the only one I really like.

Highlight intros are okay, laughed at "Hack the planet being a line"

Also take back what I just said about legendary voice lines, I could see them selling "Boop" for 1000.

Tovarisc

Who is least cancerous streamer who is live atm and streaming PTR? Trying to watch MoonMoon, but holy shit he is obnoxious as hell.

Apathy

Her spread feels smaller than 76's at range but is compensated in the fact the falloff is pretty massive.

translocate mobility is great

Out of curiosity,
1. Have you guys gone up or down in rank from your placement?
2. What role do you normally play? (Instalock dps? Support? Tank? Wait and fill as needed?)
3. Are you comfortable playing any role?

1. Up from Gold to Platinum - started at 2368 and my season high is 2582, currently at 2524.
2. I usually fill, which means I mostly play Support. Three highest play times are 76, Zen, and Lucio.
3. Yes, although I prefer to be the off-tank (Zarya/D.Va/Winston) than the main tank (Rein/Roadhog).

LiK

Don't like the Sombra alt colors. but I love the Legendaries. Disappointed no Matrix or GitS inspired skins. Maybe they'll add it later.

MrPanic

The PTR is a separate install of the game right? I saw a trick online about starting the install, then quitting the blizzard app, then copy your OW folder over to the PTR folder, then starting the app again so it only downloads a patch and not the whole game again. Is that actually a thing that works?

For anyone curious, this does work. It's now installing 2gb of data instead of the whole 7gb.

Shouta

I really like Sombra so far. Mobility is solid enough. Her Machine Pistol has a big clip and shoots fast but the spread is terrible, probably close to how bad Widow's is. Hack on players is quick but the cooldown is 10 seconds. When done on Health packs, the respawn is super fast and enemies can't use it. Teleporter moves slow and is an arc so you can't use it to get away immediately and it only lasts about 15 seconds so it isn't a permanent thing. Good for fights you're expecting. Cloak has a bit of start-up time she's totally invisible after you get started and speed is quick. You can also toss the transporter without breaking it.

EMP is GROSS

Jellie

I really like Sombra so far. Mobility is solid enough. Her Machine Pistol has a big clip and shoots fast but the spread is terrible, probably close to how bad Widow's is. Hack on players is quick but the cooldown is 10 seconds. When done on Health packs, the respawn is super fast and enemies can't use it. Teleporter moves slow and is an arc so you can't use it to get away immediately and it only lasts about 15 seconds so it isn't a permanent thing. Good for fights you're expecting. Cloak has a bit of start-up time she's totally invisible after you get started and speed is quick. You can also toss the transporter without breaking it.

EMP is GROSS

Was her hack cooldown 12 seconds on the blizzcon build? They buffed her?

After looking at all the skins, I might actually like the Virus skin the best out of all of them. Glitch, Noche, and Cyberspace look really good too. Nice to see some effort done on the regular recolors.

Also that highlight intro is gonna be awesome (and awful).

If people haven't noticed the other only new change to the ptr besides Sombra has been Pharah. Her jets have a 35% increase in her lift.

Anne

Heard Pharah goes a bit higher on her boosts now? I can dig it. People were rocket jumping for that anyways and this just makes it easier and without the health loss.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder how arcade and qp will split the playerbase now. I get quick play is supposed to now be more like a relaxed comp game but if you're doing quick play there's probably a certain hero you want to play and won't be able to do that so you might just go arcade every time.
81Vm3Ke.png

Yeah no way I am getting in to try.

mine was at 2k and instantly shot down to 1 within a minute

mollipen

Sombra alts are meh, and we get no "Boop!" voice line. Blizzard just wasn't done with the disappointment. :(

Edit: Okay, but that highlight intro is the best thing ever.

I wonder how arcade and qp will split the playerbase now. I get quick play is supposed to now be more like a relaxed comp game but if you're doing quick play there's probably a certain hero you want to play and won't be able to do that so you might just go arcade every time.

Not to mention you can't get free boxes from quick play because it's not part of arcade. Arcade is going to be where most people go I bet, quick play being relegated to comp practice

Edit: Oh, the Los Muertos skin glows in the dark based on that POTG clip, that's awesome, if Azucar does too I'll probably get that one.

Top Bottom