• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

xaosslug

I really like Sombra so far. Mobility is solid enough. Her Machine Pistol has a big clip and shoots fast but the spread is terrible, probably close to how bad Widow's is. Hack on players is quick but the cooldown is 10 seconds. When done on Health packs, the respawn is super fast and enemies can't use it. Teleporter moves slow and is an arc so you can't use it to get away immediately and it only lasts about 15 seconds so it isn't a permanent thing. Good for fights you're expecting. Cloak has a bit of start-up time she's totally invisible after you get started and speed is quick. You can also toss the transporter without breaking it.

EMP is GROSS

lmao, sounds about what I expected! Mess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's so close
image1f4k3c.jpg
I cna almost taste it.

Having watched the Unit Lost gameplay, I'm predicting Sombra gets nerfed before she even makes it off the PTR. When people figure out how to chain her abilities, she's gonna be disgusting.

B00TE

Had to force myself to close the PTR and go take care of a few errands, but god damn she's fun. Loved using the teleporter, and hacking health packs feels kinda beastly in the right spots. I can't wait till she's in live.

Skii

Having watched the Unit Lost gameplay, I'm predicting Sombra gets nerfed before she even makes it off the PTR. When people figure out how to chain her abilities, she's gonna be disgusting.

Even the most basic ones are ridiculous. Hack and place a teleporter on a big health pack, invisible run into enemy line, pick off a support and teleport back. Team fight is now 6v5.

The 1v1 thing (and the arcade as a whole) seems like they spent a lot of time on it. 1v1 could've easily just been "alright here ya go, enjoy" But they didn't half ass it at all. Really cool mode, Blizzard polish.

Any good pre-game interaction lines?

I'm curious if she has some sort of rivalry with Zarya. Or if she comments to Bastion about hacking into him.

Kuro

FUCK NVIDIA. I press alt+z for the stupid overlay and it crashes the PTR and I try to get back in and boom 20k player queue.

Twookie

Got to only "1000 players ahead of you" and then pressed the esc key by mistake and now "20000 players ahead of you"
tears.gif
tears.gif
tears.gif

i hate myself

The 1v1 thing (and the arcade as a whole) seems like they spent a lot of time on it. 1v1 could've easily just been "alright here ya go, enjoy" But they didn't half ass it at all. Really cool mode, Blizzard polish.

This is the mode I'm most excited for so I'm glad that it delivers. Can't wait for those Symmetra and Winston mirror matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah the health pack is the biggest blatant offender

like 'i can't believe no one thought 1 minutes was way too long' offender. like even ignoring how strong it will be or whatever in competitive, it's just anti-fun and frustrating.

For tanks, I'm great with Zarya and Roadhog, but suck balls as Rein and DVa. I can manage with Winston.

I don't mind playing support, but it's one of those things where I feel like I'm not giving the team my full potential if I get stuck in the roll. Notice my Zenyatta only has a 25% win percentage.

Congrats on the top 500! I played with a guy on PS4 yesterday who has almost 80 Winston hours this season. I was stunned - dude was amazing at disrupting the enemy team. I played with a killer Sym last week too - it's nice to see those characters getting played well.

i should play other characters to hear sombras voice lines with others

I recently switched my audio to go entirely through headphones and I'm amazed at how much audio I had been missing. So many voice lines during prep and audio cues throughout. I'll never go back to speakers.

Oh I just learned PTR is an actual different region mode, and a 7GB install. Ok, that's too much just to play Sombra earlier on US servers. I'll watch some gameplay footage later.

It's so fucking stupid that you can contest the payload on Route 66 by simply camping on the gas station rooftop corner and crouching, while being protected on both sides by indestructible barriers.

How is it not considered glitching/abusing game mechanics or something ?

From the PTR patch notes:
Fixed a bug that allowed players to contest the payload from a protected area above the gas station on Route 66

Blues1990

I'm really upset that you can't explore the new map in Custom Game mode, let alone hear any new voice lines that are map-context with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pharah's knockback seems larger too. Like I was on the payload on route 66 and got knocked all the way off the cliff kind of larger.

komaruR

Place at 2950, Just hit 3800.

Roles

Mei is the only Defense hero I will play. There are several characters I have zero interest in, and a handful of others that I'm just not good at.

For tanks, I'm great with Zarya and Roadhog, but suck balls as Rein and DVa. I can manage with Winston.

I don't mind playing support, but it's one of those things where I feel like I'm not giving the team my full potential if I get stuck in the roll. Notice my Zenyatta only has a 25% win percentage.
lies. looks at bastion.

BashNasty

Hmm, yea, I don't really think it's gonna be possible to get into the PTR from this point forward. Bummer, I'd love to try out all the new stuff.

3v3 was a mistake

so dumb, lol

Why is that?

I'm really looking forward to getting through the queue and trying out Sombra. Looks like a character that I would really excel at. Also really interested to try the 1 v 1 mode. Caught a stream of it and it looks like a lot of fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pharah gets her jets boosted
Sombra gets a god damn teleporter
but Genji still can't get his fucking triple jump back

Plesiades

I kinda don't like that you don't keep the teleporter's momentum, but it's probably intented.

Also, you can spam the E key to teleport and it bugs out a little bit.

antitrop

I always laugh at those playing Torb on control maps such as Lijiang. That poor Torb yesterday couldn't keep his turret up for more than a few secs most of the time.

Ran into this Golden Gun Torb on KOTH, the other day. :p

It was Quick Play, so we actually won. I've never won a KOTH map with a Torb in Competitive, though.

Top Bottom