• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkay

I have decent tracking with soldier but something feels off. Maybe I need different thumbstick sens for her on my pad.
It's probably because their effective ranges are different. While soldier can sit at mid range and be effective, Tracer needs to be right in their face which means that you'll naturally have to move the stick more to track properly. Back when I played on PS4, I think I had her sensitivity set pretty high relative to everyone else

Holy sweet Jesus. So I've always been a 'default speed, but when the fight starts I go heal' Lucio. But inspired by DPSstanky on Illios I went Lucio and told myself that we would have team fights with speed almost exclusively.

Holy. Shit.

If every game was like that Lucio would be my new favorite. I was absolutely toying with the other team especially their Roadhog. Just jumping around, nailing headshots, environmental kills, it was so fucking fun. We actually got creamed round one because our Ana couldn't pick up the healing slack. But she went Mercy and we ended up crushing them the next three rounds. Owzers, this is our answer.

So much fun. I hope it wasn't just a one time thing.

psyfi

Banned
Lucio's mid-tier skins are better than his legendaries.
Yeah, I usually roll with Synesthesia. I don't like any of his skins though, honestly. He has this really corny raver aesthetic that I can't stand. I wish he looked a bit more hip hop / Jet Set Radio than raver.

Grief.exe

Sooolllooo Quueeeuueee

qVqMrxj.png

Is weapon accuracy not tracked correctly on Overbuff? I check periodically throughout the game and it's at 70-80% unscoped.

jHGKYW4.png

antitrop

Is weapon accuracy not tracked correctly on Overbuff? I check periodically throughout the game and it's at 70-80% unscoped.

Unscoped stat isn't tracked on Overbuff. Weapon Accuracy is your accuracy shooting at enemies. Even the 99th percentile is like 20% or something, so it's supposed to be low.

Grief.exe

Unscoped stat isn't tracked on Overbuff. Weapon Accuracy is your accuracy shooting at enemies. Even the 99th percentile is like 20% or something, so it's supposed to be low.

That's something I need to work on too. I'm accurate most of the time, but as soon as someone jumps me I can panic and get erratic.

i have been slowly learning more zarya, specially when i get her randomly, and today, it all clicked.

Same experience with me today on comp. I usually don't like to play tanks on koth, but I picked her today on Ilios/Oasis and it was amazing. I'm timing my bubbles much better and it's incredible how fast she melts everyone with a decent charge. The beam range is also really good. I guess seeing all those Seagull streams paid off in terms of learning some things about positioning, before I kept going in way too deep.

I think you mean worst

Anyway finally got back to plat I 4 points away from my career high at one point tonight

Congrats, those were some nice games. I just noticed that my mic was off in our last games, I turned it off to speak with some people and never turned it back on lol. No wonder you guys weren't responding. Had to leave for a bit, couldn't stay for one more.

Congrats, those were some nice games. I just noticed that my mic was off in our last games, I turned it off to speak with some people and never turned it back on lol. No wonder you guys weren't responding. Had to leave for a bit, couldn't stay for one more.
Yeah I just got your message, no worries we still did alright.

I also got lucky with solo q earlier in the day so that helped with the climb.

Owzers

Holy sweet Jesus. So I've always been a 'default speed, but when the fight starts I go heal' Lucio. But inspired by DPSstanky on Illios I went Lucio and told myself that we would have team fights with speed almost exclusively.

Holy. Shit.

If every game was like that Lucio would be my new favorite. I was absolutely toying with the other team especially their Roadhog. Just jumping around, nailing headshots, environmental kills, it was so fucking fun. We actually got creamed round one because our Ana couldn't pick up the healing slack. But she went Mercy and we ended up crushing them the next three rounds. Owzers, this is our answer.

I barely played Mercy at all tonight, I'm ready next time.

We also won a lot tonight...

Nice! Glad you finally got to plat. Need to get back to playing with you guys. Been on a weird schedule the last week or two.
Ha, I was just thinking on how we haven't played together in a while.
We also won a lot tonight...
Yeah even with some weird comps like reaper - hanzo - soldier

I think I only lost two games the entire night, one draw and a lot of wins

As for mercy, the solo q group I ended up in had a mercy that was amazing, 52 hours played on her and basically kept us all alive and rezzed at the perfect time. Then we had the good mercy on Gibraltar as well

Woah, only 2 weeks of playing and I have a legendary costume plus 1200 gold for another one. Hmm, what should I get? I'm tempted to get Lucio's frog outfit since I play him a lot, or Zenyatta's Ra outfit because it's the best damn outfit in the game.

What's the name of that Overwatch stat site that gives you a nickname based on your best character? I remember I got "Iron Hide" since DVa was my best character.

Woah, only 2 weeks of playing and I have a legendary costume plus 1200 gold for another one. Hmm, what should I get? I'm tempted to get Lucio's frog outfit since I play him a lot, or Zenyatta's Ra outfit because it's the best damn outfit in the game.

Who is your most played? Get your favorite legendary available for them.
Then facepalm as you get a dupe of that skin in your next lootbox

Blizzard

Banned
Blizzard deserves an award for how awful Competitive is. It's honestly an accomplishment.
It seems pretty good to me at matching against similar skill players. Competitive games, people try hard, occasional trolls like any mode or any FPS game.

I'm not sure what changes could be added to significantly improve ranked.

psyfi

Banned
I think i accidentally got the lucio achievement that's supposed to be like impossible to get lol. it's the floor is lava one right?
I'm a Lucio main and I don't think I'm ever going to get that. The only time I ever wall run is when I'm trying to get someone off my trail, and I'm usually not shooting at them while I'm doing it.

We're tying and it's a rough match on Anubis when someone DCs.

I told the team we have like 3 minutes to either wait or make a move and we just run in with Lucio speed boost lmao.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.

Not sorry. Back to 2680, gonna sleep and shoot for 2700-2800 tomorrow

Apathy

my last random of the week, on B of Vols, we ended up holding for 8 minutes with 4 ana's a torb and a hanzo. The other team was so mad

Oh also heard tracer call 76 dad today too

Jellie

Holy. Shit.

he's most fun on koth. Still fun on others just not so much.

Sooolllooo Quueeeuueee

qVqMrxj.png

jHGKYW4.png
They use your average lifetime accuracy instead of average accuracy for the session. Few stats are bugged like that. Zaryas average energy is bugged the same way.
Edit: thought you said scoped oops.

Meccs

I guess seeing all those Seagull streams paid off in terms of learning some things about positioning, before I kept going in way too deep.
I didn't know about this guy and just watched some videos of him playing. I always love playing Zarya but I'm not that good with her yet. Pretty interesting how he plays. He stays back a lot more and shields earlier than most people will tell you. I think I played her too offensive too early. Good videos!

Edit: Wow maybe it was just coincidence but playing two matches with Zarya and trying to utilize what I learned from Seagulls videos, I just had my best two games with her. Not rushing so much and using her alternate fire a lot more worked out so well. I need to lean to keep an eye on my charge though. It's easy to lose track of it when it gets hectic but it's helpful to know when to really bring the hammer down. Predicting the enemy movement for her alternate fire is my main issue currently though. I need to practice with her a lot more. But she is a ton of fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom