• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sande

Holy shit just seen this, PS4 player kept getting trolled in comments about being a console scrub. Went to PC and had the same if not better results. He was the best rated Lucio on PS4. Incredible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcA3cCQfe3s&feature=youtu.be
The truly mindblowing thing is that many of these morons seem to think that PC players are just way better. It's pretty much a different game ffs. Just because people don't have the same accuracy etc. doesn't mean that everyone just sucks.

xaosslug

That Lucio video is the stuff of dreams.

or nightmares. >_<

ETA: I looooooove DSPStanky's story - how he was a GOD-tier Lucio player on PS4, and haters doubted him. Claimed anyone could do what he do on console, come to PC & L2P, etc... so he jumped on PC, still GOD-tier, and every player's nightmare scenario Lucio encounter. xD

To all those who seen DSPstanky's videos and want to give him a shot... it's not worth replicating unless you really want to main Lucio (in other words don't main him because of the video). I'll admit I had some fun figuring out how to wall ride and run away proper, but I didn't find playing him in actual matches to be that fun. It's hours worth of work (which is satisfying once it clicks) for just the fundamentals, all the tricky and cool looking stuff is easy to do but difficult to do it consistently (while you're shooting). Once people see the amount of hours you put into Lucio, the expectation of you playing Lucio practically every time is there. The plus side is it's pretty easy to expose the shitty genji's and soldiers, I think my greatest satisfaction is killing Genji's who try and square up with me when my team is distracted. You can't run away from a speed boosting Lucio, don't start a fight you can't finish!

ohkay

To all those who seen DSPstanky's videos and want to give him a shot... it's not worth replicating unless you really want to main Lucio (in other words don't main him because of the video). I'll admit I had some fun figuring out how to wall ride and run away proper, but I didn't find playing him in actual matches to be that fun. It's hours worth of work (which is satisfying once it clicks) for just the fundamentals, all the tricky and cool looking stuff is easy to do but difficult to do it consistently (while you're shooting). Once people see the amount of hours you put into Lucio, the expectation of you playing Lucio practically every time is there. The plus side is it's pretty easy to expose the shitty genji's and soldiers, I think my greatest satisfaction is killing Genji's who try and square up with me when my team is distracted. You can't run away from a speed boosting Lucio, don't start a fight you can't finish!
Sounds exactly like learning how to play Genji. These characters take time to get good at, and anyone expecting to pick up and play like that is looking at it the wrong way

antitrop

That style of Lucio is most rewarding to play in KOTH. Rack up all those sweet environmental kills. On non-KOTH maps, I play a bit more of a "traditional" Lucio.

But on KOTH, I go fucking wild.

_Legacy_

Dat Lucio clip was awesome, fair play to the guy. Just shows how people are so quick to cast judgement sometimes.

On another note, managed to get two solo q comp wins in a row, things are looking up but don't watch to push my luck haha.

I always have fun playing Lucio, but I never actually want to play him. I should change that.

All I want to do is play Zen Lucio and Ana lately. All other meta heroes are boring to play. I think next season I'll see about only playing support 100% of the time. Wish I hadn't bought that damn Zarya golden gun. I'm close to golden nuts then I'll be close to another at the end of the season. Whether it's Lucio or Ana will depend on the nerfs I guess.

Sounds exactly like learning how to play Genji. These characters take time to get good at, and anyone expecting to pick up and play like that is looking at it the wrong way

Absolutely, the amount of dedication that stanky put is incredible, everything he does is effortless. I picked up Lucio out of necessity, I do have fun playing with him from time to time, but I don't like being forced to pick him.

I am a flex player, I thought to myself, "Wow this guy plays Lucio, like I would like to play him, I'm gonna practice it!". I knew from my previous Lucio experience that it wasn't going to be easy, learning to wallride while aiming efficiently can only be learned through experience. What I didn't know is that if someone finds out you put in time with Lucio, they'll want you to play Lucio at all times. Whereas someone like a Genji main, even if someone put in 400 hours, people will complain to him so he switches.

From pretty much all the matches I played this season (hell all 3 seasons), people always want someone to be Lucio and Reinhardt, regardless of what the rest of the team is running. When people mention that we need two healers, what they really mean is Lucio and it doesn't matter who the other healer is (some people still hate Ana though). I've never heard anyone say "we need an Ana/Mercy/Zen" but I always hear the "we NEEED a Lucio" right off the bat.

antitrop

Considering how few Offensive Assists you need to be 99th percentile with Lucio on Overbuff, I don't know why people think Lucio is so necessary when the vast, vast, vast majority don't even use the speed boost.

If Lucio is just gonna be a Healing Aura bot, I would so much rather have Ana/Zen.

Jellie

Considering how few Offensive Assists you need to be 99th percentile with Lucio on Overbuff, I don't know why people think Lucio is so necessary when the vast, vast, vast majority don't even use the speed boost.

If Lucio is just gonna be a Healing Aura bot, I would so much rather have Ana/Zen.

v4rRQk5.png

99th percentile offensive and 1st percentile defensive for me.

KarmaCow

To be fair, it only counts as an assist if the person gets a kill while amped up. I mostly use Lucio's amped speed boost to initiate the fight or to disengage, the moments surrounding a fight rather than in the middle of it.

ohkay

I'm surprised seeing how many people must not use speed boost at all considering the 50th percentile is 1.26 offensive assists, and I'm over here sitting at 8 offensive assists thinking I use amped up healing too much

Meccs

Won a few good games earlier and of course you get the shaft later with nothing but stomps and mid game joins. GG Blizzard. FFS! This game is so predictable...

Plesiades

I've been away from the game... From what I've read it seems that the infamous Blizzard Balance™ found its way to Overwatch?

Apathy

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752520032?page=3#post-43

Jeff Kaplan said:
Since November, D.Va is the 3rd most played hero in Overwatch. Roadhog is 4.

Reinhardt is the 12th.

I know a lot of people base their opinion on the "Meta" reports coming out of the pro scene but if you're talking about the vast majority of Overwatch matches played, D.Va and Roadhog are the most picked tanks. If Reinhardt is considered a "must pick", he isn't being picked as much as people perceive.

I would love it if he actually took the stats of high tier play instead of overall. Just because lower ranked people don't pick rein doesn't mean hes not necessary in comp. It's like, yes you could do it without rein, but adding a rein would make a team better because of what he brings.

caesar

Banned
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752520032?page=3#post-43

I would love it if he actually took the stats of high tier play instead of overall. Just because lower ranked people don't pick rein doesn't mean hes not necessary in comp. It's like, yes you could do it without rein, but adding a rein would make a team better because of what he brings.

Yeah, Kaplan missing the point tbh. There's pretty much no downside to having a Reinhardt and if the other team has one while you don't you will be earthshattered into oblivion.

He didn't clarify if these stats are comp or qp. You don't see Rein often in quickplay because a lot of players dont consider him that fun.

Do you also feel that your own performance gets dragged down as soon as you are placed in an uncoordinated team? I mean there is hardly a choice between constantly dying or playing as healer hoping for the best.

Playing solo really is frustrating sometimes due to the lack of communication and coordination

cyborg009

Banned
Do you also feel that your own performance gets dragged down as soon as you are placed in an uncoordinated team? I mean there is hardly a choice between constantly dying or playing as healer hoping for the best.

Playing solo really is frustrating sometimes due to the lack of communication and coordination

KOTH I said everyone lets go left. two people go right. WTF

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
maybe they muted chat and voice comms

seems to be more common nowadays and in more competitive multiplayer games
The Torb main knows best! How dare we doubt him!!!
The truly mindblowing thing is that many of these morons seem to think that PC players are just way better. It's pretty much a different game ffs. Just because people don't have the same accuracy etc. doesn't mean that everyone just sucks.
I think positioning in this game is a bigger factor than aiming, not to say that aiming isn't important it obviously is, but due to varying hitboxes and world of tanks meta it's not as important.

First game of the day my team falls down 2-0 on Lijiang Tower. Half of us switch characters and I go from Lucio to Zarya while someone picks Zen. We dominate the next two games and bring it to 2-2. The last game we crumble and our DPS player can't seem to get anything done and other mistakes cost us to get shut down. Feelsalrightman.

After that I go win/loss/win then two losses in a row which is where I call it. I'm currently 2761. I know I can do this and I'm ever so slightly inching closer. If only the teams I win with would stay together to try and get a streak going.

Do you also feel that your own performance gets dragged down as soon as you are placed in an uncoordinated team?
Yeah. Doing DPS means relying on your front line to be able to protect you and keep their damage dealers occupied while you can get to better targets. It's why whenever you see a team scatter, you can usually bet that they're the ones that are about to get wiped.
How come my Roadhog accuracy is always terrible?

lag :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom