• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
4 straight comp losses in a row, just leaving me wondering what my team is doing and how they even got to this rank. Had a Junkrat as our only form of DPS on Route 66 until the last point...

But ELO hell is fake!!!

Apathy

Blizzard said:
We do want to add stat tracking for Arcade modes. We also want to add a "Total" category to the career profile. These are things that we are actively discussing and hoping to get on our schedule. So unfortunately, no ETA but design and production discussions are happening.

We do not have immediate plans to add achievements to the Arcade game modes beyond the Seasonal achievements. We like this idea and are not opposed to it... it's just not happening in the near future.

yay arcade stats

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752529395#post-10

If you play healer in less than 10% of your matches and there's no healer on your team on ps4 you should have to button through a dozen prompts at each spawn telling you that healers are important to winning the game.

ba08a0ca56c3abab5fecb09b6e4bf2ca.png

i tried

Moonkeis

How are people playing support ranking up on SQ? I play 4-5 games a day and it seems like it's just a never ending cycle of 1-2 great games and then 3 games where it's either shit DPS or players trolling. I play Ana/Lucio most of the time, and I can sit there healing my ass off, even pick Phara's off for Soldiers who can't seem to take a second to do that but there isn't much you can do with a Hanzo that keeps feeding.

darklin0

Banned
been thinking about it, and maybe the first character Blizz wants to "retire" is D.Va? Seems like it, tbh.

Nah. Just Blizz Balancing™.

"Oh no, character is a little weak! Overbuff!!!!"

"Oh no, said character is way too strong now! NERF TO HELL!!!"

Xzan

[Rant]

Gotta love those games where you let a 3-man group convince you to swap off your Zarya main so their buddy can play her because "he's a former top 500 Zarya whos has ranked down to play with us", even though his Zarya stats are way worse than my own.

Fair enough, I go Zen to heal. The team gets steamrolled on Route 66 Defense because when I'm not being focused by Soldier, D.Va is diving me. I get no cover whatsoever from the team so I spend most of the round dead. Of course, the 3-man team is a bunch of whiny bitches that start complaining about no heals or transcendence like i was going to blow my ult to continue their trickling.

Switch to Lucio on Attack and we successfully push to the end to extend the match. Pretty telling was the Mercy on our Defense comp who then switched to Zenyatta in my place on Attack and immediately gets repeatedly spanked by the enemy D.Va. This was outlined to the team by the statement in team chat when he said "Holy shit! that D.Va is fucking me up!"

When we attack again we can barely get the payload around the first corner which was pretty pitiful.

On Defense, we go a Bastion/Rein strat to hold before the corner thanks to our poor second Attack round. I'm still Lucio, keeping the Mercy alive and booping flankers off the cliff but eventually Bastion gets bombed by Tracer who then kills our Mercy. Game Over at that point.

I check my stats today and, although I'm not a fan of Master Overwatch, it painted a pretty telling picture of team performance:

HLmnXyd.jpg

I think when you're working your ass off putting out over 2600 healing per minute keeping your team alive, either there is massive damage coming in or the whiny bitches who berated you have no clue about how to avoid taking unnecessary damage around the payload, let alone providing supporting their healers.

I've got plenty to work on to improve my game. e.g. I have really high stats for barriers and damage absorbed as Zarya but my average energy these days is only 30%. I still get a lot of elims and put out a lot of damage per match but I'm working on my bubble timing to see if improving my energy generation will improve my overall performance.

But, with my winrate steadily dropping from almost 60% to just 51% despite working to improve my own individual performance, its getting harder for me to avoid blaming teammates. Whether its cluelessness (trickling, no focus fire, no healer support), arrogance (think they are carrying when they really arent), or general incompetence (long range Rein charges, Zen's too busy DPS'ing to harmony orb the high charge Zarya keeping them alive), it all results in poor team cohesion and a frustrating experience where you're never sure whether the problem is you or the team.

This is all from solo queue at Diamond rank, +/- 200 SR. Ah well, maybe taking a break from comp tonight could be a good way to give the frustration a chance to dissipate a little before the weekend...

[/Rant]

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's a goddamn carnival healing in solo comp queue. Doesn't matter if you're even in the 90th percentile on overbuff, if your team is getting steam rolled cause of whatever they're doing you won't be able to keep them alive no matter how much healing you're outputting never mind if you start getting picked cause they can't help cover your ass.

Jblanks

First time pretty much ever today that I quit while ahead; went 3-0-1, and was very tempted to keep playing since my last game played the other team had a leaver and then eventually half their team left.. but I know what will happen if I keep playing.

hypernima

Banned
It's a goddamn carnival healing in solo comp queue. Doesn't matter if you're even in the 90th percentile on overbuff, if your team is getting steam rolled cause of whatever they're doing you won't be able to keep them alive no matter how much healing you're outputting never mind if you start getting picked cause they can't help cover your ass.

giphy.gif

I'm so tired of braindead teammates that just go one by one, especially when they pick something like Winston or Hog and just feed the enemies ult.

And it's also an magnificent idea to go right to the open space in the garden map (lijiang tower) when they know that the enemy team has a Pharah. Fucking brilliant.

hypernima

Banned
I just pushed hard as fuck on numbani with 1:40 to go. I feel proud that I had teammates on the same level for a bit.

Took me all day but I'm finally back to 2300.

I'm so tired of braindead teammates that just go one by one, especially when they pick something like Winston or Hog and just feed the enemies ult.

And it's also an magnificent idea to go right to the open space in the garden map (lijiang tower) when they know that the enemy team has a Pharah. Fucking brilliant.
Comp was shit tonight. I played one solo queue after you guys left and it was even worse than our games.

This whole season just seems like a mess to be honest.

Comp was shit tonight. I played one solo queue after you guys left and it was even worse than our games.

In the first game tonight on Oasis me and Owzers had 2 masters on our team, former top 500 this season. One of them picked Winston/Roadhog and just went by himself over and over getting picked, clearly throwing the game. Sums up the night.

Owzers

In the first game tonight on Oasis me and Owzers had 2 masters on our team, former top 500 this season. One of them picked Winston/Roadhog and just went by himself over and over getting picked, clearly throwing the game. Sums up the night.
After saying group up and going in alone anyways...

Cappa

Banned
What program do you guys use to cut up images from webpages like this? Sry for the noob question.

Snipping Tool, if you use windows it should probably already be installed?

These are my most played in comp this season

most_played.jpg

Cappa

Banned
After saying group up and going in alone anyways...

LOL ND, you mean to tell me the games you played later with Owzers and VD were much worse than ours? Jesus... I didnt think it was possible ours were pretty terrrible haha

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Get matched up against a 4 stack on Route 66 and lose then get matched with that same 4 stack on Oasis and lose. jfc

Mush

So we're attacking first on King's Row. Everything is going swimmingly, and we make a great push pass the pub, and in our haste, leave the payload behind until someone exclaims on the mic: "Hey guys don't forget about the payload!"

We end up falling just short of completing the map thanks to some Torb/Bastion cheese, and get stomped on during defense after the holding the first point until they cap it in overtime (admittedly I stubbornly stayed on Sym and got a Shield Generator up instead of swapping to another healer since we only had a Mercy but by the time I did it was too late).

The kicker? That was the only time anyone on our team ever used a mic, and there was at least half our team in the team channel.

I really hate this game sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom