• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meccs

2/3 of the time a player of the losing team get's the PotG which sends a wrong message imho. They should do the voting first and then show the highlight of the character with the highest one. Or just leave it out completely...

KOTH payload hybrid.

Teams fight over a neutral payload in the center of the arena and try to move it to the opponents side of the map.

This is exactly what Paladins has and I think it is way better than OW's Payload.

caesar

Banned
I'd say the heros with the highest ceilings are Tracer, Genji and Ana. Tier 2 I'd put McCree, Widow and Hanjo.

Pure mechanics-wise anyway.

Twookie

was one game away from diamond today, then suddenly this massive losestreak(with some winstreaks and then some losses again) happen

lost 200+ sr give or take in a few hours

fuck this game

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Watching DSPStanky play Lucio makes me think he is actually the highest skill ceiling character. He goes beyond just positioning, he activerly harasses the other team and is constantly swapping speed/heal while jumping to maintain the speed while getting heals in. It's kind of insane.

KOTH payload hybrid.

Teams fight over a neutral payload in the center of the arena and try to move it to the opponents side of the map.

This is actually the main mode of Paladins(called Siege iirc) and it is actually really well done. That game has first to 4, capping the neutral point is worth one which then spawns a payload to push, successful push is another point and a successful defense is also worth one.

I would love to see blizz try something similar.

antitrop

Watching DSPStanky play Lucio makes me think he is actually the highest skill ceiling character. He goes beyond just positioning, he activerly harasses the other team and is constantly swapping speed/heal while jumping to maintain the speed while getting heals in. It's kind of insane.
It's fun to play and watch that style, but I believe the pros when they say the more effective way to play Lucio is to stay back and be the designated "Ana Protector".

I keep telling people to stop charging zarya and it still happens :((( Everytime I died she's max charge.

If she's half health or lower though, burn that shield and kill her.

Too many times I've been in games where people ignore anyone who is bubbled as they feel it'll keep Zarya from getting charge. Which it does, but then the Mei with no health or the WInston with no health has a chance to escape / heal.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I keep telling people to stop charging zarya and it still happens :((( Everytime I died she's max charge.

It's really not as simple as that.

Most of the time you need to get rid of that bubble.

If a reaper is coming at you with a bubble do you just let him have a free 2 second period to murder you, or pop the bubble so you can fight back?

c313d9aecfac1ff15526bc7b7a6cf5bd.png

She does have the color and pose to match

2-2 Volskaya, our team has ~3:30 minutes left, enemy team has ~1:30m. We are defending, our Lucio thinks it's a good idea to wait for the enemy team on the right side to boop them, is picked immediately. Rein thinks it's a good idea to charge against 6 of them right after, is picked immediately. They steamrolled us, when I came back from spawn enemy Tracer and Genji are already on point b with no one from my team to be seen, back from the spawn again and I don't even have time to make it to the point. They capped both points with 18 seconds left. Fuck overwatch. I didn't felt like even trying on offense.

Razmos

I got this for my birthday and started playing it today, had a lot of fun doing the vs ai matches, and started on the PVP matches. And what a fucking shitshow it is.

It takes me half an hour to get into a match, and when I do its one that is already in progress because people have left because they are losing
On any objective where you are supposed to attack, nobody does. You just see them wandering around the map or standing still or just trying to rack up their kill count and not going anywhere near the objective, and on the defend ones nobody defends the objective at all, even if there is only one enemy in there taking it.

Literally did not get a single good match in about 2 hours of playing, they were all the exact same.

Every single match was a curbstomp where it felt like I was the only person actually trying to accomplish the objective and I couldn't do shit because my team was doing nothing. All the while you see people CONSTANTLY leaving the game.

Not a good first impression at all. I should not be shouting at a game in frustration after only playing for a few hours, and it's a shame because the mechanics of the game are actually really fun.

Apathy

I got this for my birthday and started playing it today, had a lot of fun doing the vs ai matches, and started on the PVP matches. And what a fucking shitshow it is.

It takes me half an hour to get into a match, and when I do its one that is already in progress because people have left because they are losing
On any objective where you are supposed to attack, nobody does. You just see them wandering around the map or standing still or just trying to rack up their kill count and not going anywhere near the objective, and on the defend ones nobody defends the objective at all, even if there is only one enemy in there taking it.

Literally did not get a single good match in about 2 hours of playing, they were all the exact same.

Every single match was a curbstomp where it felt like I was the only person actually trying to accomplish the objective and I couldn't do shit because my team was doing nothing. All the while you see people CONSTANTLY leaving the game.

Not a good first impression at all. I should not be shouting at a game in frustration after only playing for a few hours, and it's a shame because the mechanics of the game are actually really fun.

something might be wrong. It shouldn't take you a half hour to find a match. Are you doing competitive or quick play or playing the arcade? are you on console or pc?

Razmos

something might be wrong. It shouldn't take you a half hour to find a match. Are you doing competitive or quick play or playing the arcade? are you on console or pc?
Well the half an hour was an exaggeration, it takes maybe 5-10 minutes to join a game, one that is usually in progress and near losing, and then back to the queue for more waiting for another loss

I'm playing on PS4 and doing "quick"match

Anyone here pick up a character in comp that you just simply don't like?

Lucio is that character for me, but he's so essential to the game that people get all huffy and puffy if he's not in the lineup. It's not that I'm bad with him either, I have my highest win percentage with him. But he's so damn boring to play with, yeah the wall riding stuff is cool for like half a minute, I'd honestly rather play Mercy. I get to the point where it's so boring I'd rather speed boost and kill people than actually heal, and this shows in my stats! What sucks the most is that people will complain if I switch to someone else for attack/defense phase. Also, Pharah and D.Va make my life a living hell as Lucio, there is zero fun to be had if those 2 are wreaking havoc on my team.

WtbxkW3.png

Anyone here pick up a character in comp that you just simply don't like?

Lucio is that character for me, but he's so essential to the game that people get all huffy and puffy if he's not in the lineup. It's not that I'm bad with him either, I have my highest win percentage with him. But he's so damn boring to play with, yeah the wall riding stuff is cool for like half a minute, I'd honestly rather play Mercy. I get to the point where it's so boring I'd rather speed boost and kill people than actually heal, and this shows in my stats! What sucks the most is that people will complain if I switch to someone else for attack/defense phase. Also, Pharah and D.Va make my life a living hell as Lucio, there is zero fun to be had if those 2 are wreaking havoc on my team.

WtbxkW3.png
my life as dva in a nutshell.
d9e5afca13ab518c8316d8d48069a906.png

Apathy

Well the half an hour was an exaggeration, it takes maybe 5-10 minutes to join a game, one that is usually in progress and near losing, and then back to the queue for more waiting for another loss

Even 10 minutes is too long. quick play matches take a few seconds to find (well I'm speaking about pc, so if some lovely console players can chime in here, I may be off completely)

What's your NAT setting? What's your region? I can usually find a quick play match within a minute on ps4

A Rein player just complained that I wasn't healing him enough and that I had my pistol out too much.

I had the most healing in that match, I had my pistol out a lot because I kept getting focused by tracer and genji.

And I was the only healer.

cyborg009

Banned
It's really not as simple as that.

Most of the time you need to get rid of that bubble.

If a reaper is coming at you with a bubble do you just let him have a free 2 second period to murder you, or pop the bubble so you can fight back?

I know but after playing two games in a row where this happen is just plain annoying.

A Rein player just complained that I wasn't healing him enough and that I had my pistol out too much.

I had the most healing in that match, I had my pistol out a lot because I kept getting focused by tracer and genji.

And I was the only healer.

That's when you respond with "K". Nothing else will get anything good out of it.

I had an Ana last night who kept passive aggressively moaning whenever Pharah would kill him, because he wasn't near any of us on Lijiang Tower.

I told him "I can't stay with you 100% of the time, I need to be with the team to make good use of Biotic Grenade. Stay close to us so I can pick off Pharah when she shows up."

He then proceeded to get even more passive aggressive about how no one was helping him and I just went off on him.

I even let him take S76 and I took Ana for the last point, as it was 2-2 and he was convinced he could outperform me.

We barely lose and I felt like an idiot for letting him tilt me like that. He felt vindicated and I felt like I threw by trusting him. His Ana was better than his S76 and vice versa, but he wanted to prove to me that he was doing more work than I was for some reason.

The only characters I don't like playing are Symmetra, Widowmaker, and Bastion, so I'm thankful to not have that problem.

I have literally only picked Hanzo and Genji when the game picks them for me in 1V1, Events, or Arcade mode via Random Heroes.

Everyone else I like playing as.

Battle.net is not working for me. Tried d/ling the OW patch and it was at 0/b speed.

Tried uninstalling Bnet and now the installer is stuck in limbo at "Updating Battle.net"

Anyone have this issue before?

Apathy

so this happened:

https://kr.battle.net/forums/ko/overwatch/topic/4563416302

https://pvplive.net/c/blizzard-korea-overwatch-cheaters-ban-nuking-attac

Blizzard Korea announced that they've caught and banned more than 10,000 hackers in Korea using both aimbots and nuking (a new form of targeted Denial of Service attacks) over the course of the last few days.

The Overwatch community has been up in arms in Korea about the rampant use of aimbots over the past few months. While legislation was passed in Korea to punish those creating and distributing aimbot programs a few months ago, it has not quite curtailed the rampant issue at hand.

Nuking, in particular, is already illegal in Korea (when classified as a DDOS) according to Article 48 of the Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection Act. Fines for doing so can run up to 50 million won, or about $43,000 USD.

antitrop

Just checked Overbuff, it's not showing me my comp stats :(
It shows Quick Play by default. There is a button in the upper-right that switches between QP and Comp stats. Also, it only shows stats for the current Competitive Season. Previous season's stats are lost to the aether.

ohkay

This is how you should be playing him (minus focusing on killing) since his speed boost is why he is so strong. He's also a lot of fun if you don't play him as a passive healer. Learn when to use which song, when to amp each song, and be aggressive without getting yourself killed. Help your team get their kills and rack up the offensive assists.

Apathy

what is up with Korea cheating on pc games...

PC Bangs giving users full admin rights and blizzard not punishing pc bangs. Who the hell thought that was a smart idea? Then you get bad eggs hacking first. then after the people that tried to play fairly have had enough they either quit or turn into hackers to try and stop hackers and turns into a big issue.

hypernima

Banned
It shows Quick Play by default. There is a button in the upper-right that switches between QP and Comp stats. Also, it only shows stats for the current Competitive Season. Previous season's stats are lost to the aether.

Do I have to log in? don't have a Bnet account.

maomaoIYP

Some profiles have missing comp stats. My smurf account is still only showing last season's comp rank and my entire comp stats page for this season is missing.

rulerk1

It's so annoying that no one tries to take out the shield generator or teleporter and then they wonder "why were not doing anything". Theres an obvious visual cue when they get shielded and audio cue too. I had to switch to D.va because our Pharah and Sombra didnt care about it (on Dorado attack)

Moonkid

Got wrecked yesterday by a Sombra/Symmetra duo in solo-queue. Dat helpless feeling when you're Zarya or D.VA and you have no defense ;_;
holy shit lmao i suck at reinhardt.
Join the club lol. I really should get better at him since he's the ultimate tank so to speak but I'm 100% better at complementing him as a Zarya or playing a support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom