• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rode the eichenwald payload from point A to just under the bridge by myself as Mercy in her seated gesture while a Hanzo yelled NEED HEALING from the other side of the map.
"understood*
*continues lying on the payload because no one else will while the Hanzo just glares at it slooowly crawling closer from the bottom of the hill*

Then eventually a 76 gunned me in the spine but it was a wonderful experience of teammates abandoning their healer AND the payload, not even mad though as I thought it was funny.

i finished watching seagulls 6 stack stream from before. they even run across Kephrii 6 stack. i think they were q sniping

probably the most enjoyable stream i watched
shame i didnt get to watch it live

rulerk1

"Let's see 5 genji and a sym on Hollywood defense hey me and my buddy will go Pharah. " We lose but I have gold elims and damage......As Winston. And then they just ignore the point when we were so close to capping

Had they just gone Winston he could won but it's arcade so who cares right!

Am I wrong in thinking Pharah's concussive blast is kinda inconsistent?

When it hits right next to a hero it either seems to send a slight refreshing breeze to him or blast him half a football field away.

Reinhardt is just the most intuitive and easy strategy to get behind. And he really is more of a strategy than a character. Just by having a Rein you give your team an idea of how to position, protection, and you can lead the team simply by existing. When you go in as Rein, the team usually goes in. When you back off, the team backs off.

I don't think that Rein is over-powered; he's just easy mode strategy which is where most players are lacking. All the other tanks require more coordination and better timing.
Never really thought about it that way in terms of strategy. I just figured Blizzard didn't really make a good alternative to having that big blue shield.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So next hero ain't Doomfist? I wonder who it could be.
IIRC the original implication they made post launch was that they were working on either two supports or a support and a tank, so presumably the other support if we think the tank isn't happening.

I'd guess Athena.

antitrop

Am I wrong in thinking Pharah's concussive blast is kinda inconsistent?

When it hits right next to a hero it either seems to send a slight refreshing breeze to him or blast him half a football field away.

It is. Last night I was playing on Lijiang Tower and walking over the bridge like a dumbass, so of course a Pharah throws a Conc there. The person next to me went flying over the edge and I barely moved at all, we were walking right next to each other.

Was he jumping at all? I know that makes you go flying and people tend to jump constantly out of spawn.
Could have been.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It is. Last night I was playing on Lijiang Tower and walking over the bridge like a dumbass, so of course a Pharah throws a Conc there. The person next to me went flying over the edge and I barely moved at all, we were walking right next to each other.

Was he jumping at all? I know that makes you go flying and people tend to jump constantly out of spawn.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
How Overwatch ranked should be: You and a group of evenly matched players square off in a good balanced match that should determine who slightly outranks who.

How Overwatch ranked is: If you ever want to cross a threshold(from Platinum to Diamond or Diamond to the next) you have to be good enough to carry an entire team of people who would normally be ranked way lower than they are(they act and perform like silvers/gold) but somehow made it to almost Diamond rank. Or else, you will be stuck hovering between 2700-2999 or 3700-3999 forever.

As someone who plays primarily healers, I've been hovering between these numbers for the entire season. I'm good enough to keep a team alive as long as possible and do my job well. I know when to use speed boosts, ana nades, sleep, etc. I try as hard as I can not to blame others as this leads to toxicity, but when I see myself get silver or gold in damage or kills(which is mainly self defense as ana or boops as lucio) I start to question what everyone is shooting at. I'm not good enough to carry a team. As a healer I don't think I ever will be. If carrying is what it takes to get to the next rank(even if I think I do a good job as a healer) then I guess I will accept my fate.

Hylian7

My team when we don't have a Reinhardt and instead have Winston or D.Va or something: "Someone switch to Reinhardt"

Can we just have one game without a fucking Reinhardt? Sick of that hero.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How Overwatch ranked should be: You and a group of evenly matched players square off in a good balanced match that should determine who slightly outranks who.

How Overwatch ranked is: If you ever want to cross a threshold(from Platinum to Diamond or Diamond to the next) you have to be good enough to carry an entire team of people who would normally be ranked way lower than they are(they act and perform like silvers/gold) but somehow made it to almost Diamond rank. Or else, you will be stuck hovering between 2700-2999 or 3700-3999 forever.

As someone who plays primarily healers, I've been hovering between these numbers for the entire season. I'm good enough to keep a team alive as long as possible and do my job well. I know when to use speed boosts, ana nades, sleep, etc. I try as hard as I can not to blame others as this leads to toxicity, but when I see myself get silver or gold in damage or kills(which is mainly self defense as ana or boops as lucio) I start to question what everyone is shooting at. I'm not good enough to carry a team. As a healer I don't think I ever will be. If carrying is what it takes to get to the next rank(even if I think I do a good job as a healer) then I guess I will accept my fate.

Thing is effort

I'm just like you, I try to put in effort
Try for the win all the time
I just want competitive matches

If I lose, it should be I got outplayed or the other team beat our team with great skill or matchup benefited them

When you see people come into comp thinking its Quick Play+ with a #SR next to you and just don't try, you do get toxicity coming out of people

You joined a mode where its most essential to work together or play to the best of your skill on Heroes that might make a difference

I switch off more often now, fuck PotG, I want the win
I'll switch up if need be

I go Pharah as main, if I can destroy back lines or get them to look up and chase me, I've done my job
My team can push and kill them easily due to them being out of position
Yet if team knows how to counter me quick, I'll swap to pool of Players left my team didn't choose to get the other side to adjust, maybe them swapping to counter might not he beneficial to them

Seriously there have been instance players are dead set on their "main"
Then get rolled on by the enemy team cause if you can't counter them or make an effort to gain an advantage, your not being helpful

Shit sometime I'll let myself die in certain situations which pay ten fold for my team to take advantage
Example:

Volskaya Industries, you know Defend lockdown main area
They have advantage of funneling you
That little window is covered most times

You have a flanking spot through the left base side, but you need a mobile/boost/airborne character
I as Pharah first 1-2 times will force them to come chase me, cause I'll flank, stand on A, watch as the whole squad drops Defense and come to me
Smart teams would send a DPS + Heal or Tank + DPS to quickly get rid of me
I try to keep away, make them chase

Get my team an advantage
Do it a few times, teams will start noticing my technique
Some cover which benefits us, if not, I keep doing

Sooner or later a Jailbreak will happen and my team comes flushing in
Then now you have to play it out

Then there are those times, you do this, yet a team member or 2 position themselves far away from the team, wasting my effort, cause we needed to close in and takeover

That's when you really get demoralized and frustration sets in, you did everything to get your team an advantage only to see it wasted, cause others in your team lacked the awareness of what is taking place, there so in tuned with what they need to do as solo and not as a group

My team when we don't have a Reinhardt and instead have Winston or D.Va or something: "Someone switch to Reinhardt"

Can we just have one game without a fucking Reinhardt? Sick of that hero.

The last time this happened, my group just said "Naw, Reinhardt is a crutch", one of the random's caved in and switched. Not sure why he did though, we had a team of Genji/Tracer as our main DPS. He switched off real quick when he was getting handled by Pharah (because none of our DPS took care of the situation). They still complained "why the fuck don't we have a Rein anymore?"

TheOddOne

Everytime people bring up Doomfist, I keept thinking of LoL's Vi.
Vi_0.jpg
Her kit in first person would be kind of neat.

RemiLP

Is there some spesific way you have to play zen to gain SR that i dont know about?

I fill in as Rein, and play imo a below average game, defently not my fault we won, and i gain 20+ sr. Then i play zen and imo play a pretty good game, and i would even say i played a big part in winning it. I gain 12 sr. Zen is the character i win most games with, but gain the least SR with.

So frustrating. Its almost better to play another character, and not win as many games, but still gain more SR overall.

ohkay

Is there some spesific way you have to play zen to gain SR that i dont know about?

I fill in as Rein, and play imo a below average game, defently not my fault we won, and i gain 20+ sr. Then i play zen and imo play a pretty good game, and i would even say i played a big part in winning it. I gain 12 sr. Zen is the character i win most games with, but gain the least SR with.

So frustrating. Its almost better to play another character, and not win as many games, but still gain more SR overall.
Do you get a lot of kills/damage? I think offensive ability is a big factor in Zen's SR gains

RemiLP

Do you get a lot of kills/damage? I think offensive ability is a big factor in Zen's SR gains

probably not as much as i should be getting. My first priority is always to keep my dicord and healing orb on critical targets, and shoting second. I will try to be abit more offfencive and see if that helps ;)

rulerk1

Lost three comp matches in a row. I don't even feel like my team and I were doing that badly to a degree. We got reverse sweeper because our four stack thought it was a good idea to switch up team comp and our soldier didn't even focus the Winston. Rein kept yolo charging too. Maybe I should use mic more I guess

Lost three comp matches in a row. I don't even feel like my team and I were doing that badly to a degree. We got reverse sweeper because our four stack thought it was a good idea to switch up team comp and our soldier didn't even focus the Winston. Rein kept yolo charging too. Maybe I should use mic more I guess

Comp is a fricken elevator

Played one last comp game because of the decay, Nepal, teams with an average of ~3600, should be good I thought... 3 people on my team instalock Sombra/Genji/Tracer D:

I played Zarya, we had a Lucio and the other dude kept switching between Mercy, S76 and Zen when we lost the first round. The other team had a Lucio/Ana/Mei//Hog/Zarya and someone that kept switching between Pharah/Tracer/Reaper.

We won somehow, I guess their Hog and Pharah weren't that good. That's enough for this season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom