• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

RemiLP

yeah i have. why else would i have said it?

the geometry in ows maps are completely fucked and inconsistent

sure, but the basics of wall riding is pretty much just pressing and holding space, and is so forgiving with the timing.

A beginner would be able to wall ride within hours of playing lucio.

Would it be OP if Symmetra's turrets could zap friendlies to heal them? It really bothers me that she's the only support that can't heal, and I don't understand why she isn't Defense.

While this seems to be a common suggestion I feel like it would be difficult to make this work. What would the target priority be, i.e. who gets targeted if there's an injured ally and an enemy in the turret's range?

I think Symmetra is perfectly fine without being able to heal. Niche characters should be allowed to exist, and Symmetra is very strong now.

While this seems to be a common suggestion I feel like it would be difficult to make this work. What would the target priority be, i.e. who gets targeted if there's an injured ally and an enemy in the turret's range?

I think Symmetra is perfectly fine without being able to heal. Niche characters should be allowed to exist, and Symmetra is very strong now.

It's more that I just want to see more healing options in the game. 4 choices when each game needs 2 is ick.

It's more that I just want to see more healing options in the game. 4 choices when each game needs 2 is ick.

Yeah, I too would like more healer options, but I think 4 is pretty good all things considered (looking at you, what Jeff calls anchor tanks). And Symmetra is fine as a support, especially with her reworked kit. Not every support needs to heal.

kirblar

HOTS has finally started fixing its issue w/ not having enough healers/tanks, I won't be surprised if that's the plan in the near-term for OW, since we know Doomfist (probably offense), Greek Guy (???) and Athena (Support) are most likely the 3 next on deck.

Blu(e)

By temporary I'm sure they mean their intent is to update it and not just have a static solid circle around him. If people complain about it enough they'll keep the current one as an option in addition to being able to turn it off if you don't like it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Eichenwalde new access was really needed, now defense has to cover 3 areas

Tunnel choke point, the new access door, and flyers going over the 🏡

Wish Hanamura got swapped like that also
That window is fucking useless, should be 2 ways to enter Hanamura, give us something to the right connecting the house same way as Eichenwalde or give access to window with say a "bridge"
Defense can destroy it, timer of say 1 minute for it to come back up
Give it like 1 minute after game starts for it to be used
Give it like 1000HP, that way you have balance, but Defense now has to either take risk on f destroying bridge and leave area

Joined a wonderful game in progress. Defend volskaya. I picked hanzo because why not. They lose first point before I even left spawn. Ended up with 19 eliminate and no deaths lol

hypernima

Banned
Eichenwalde new access was really needed, now defense has to cover 3 areas

Tunnel choke point, the new access door, and flyers going over the 🏡

Wish Hanamura got swapped like that also
That window is fucking useless, should be 2 ways to enter Hanamura, give us something to the right connecting the house same way as Eichenwalde or give access to window with say a "bridge"
Defense can destroy it, timer of say 1 minute for it to come back up
Give it like 1 minute after game starts for it to be used
Give it like 1000HP, that way you have balance, but Defense now has to either take risk on f destroying bridge and leave area

It was needed. Eichenwalde is probably the one map deeply stacked in defense's favor with a competent comp/team.
I've had more Eichenwalde draws than 2CP.

antitrop

Blaze it

qAXidrd.png

finalflame

Gold Member
It was needed. Eichenwalde is probably the one map deeply stacked in defense's favor with a competent comp/team.
I've had more Eichenwalde draws than 2CP.

More importantly, Jeff said in his AMA that the actual data for Eichenwalde was troubling, moreso than just player's feelings about it, hence the change.

I am living. Two matches in a row I was paired with a Torb (NEED2HEALERS) who did absolutely nothing but walk back and forth while spamming emotes the entire game.

I get that people like this exist, and we all have to suffer, but twice in a row? Fucking bullshit. If you lose with someone on your team, the matchmaking shouldn't force you to play with that person a second time. Simple fix for this nonsense.

Yes, I reported him, but does Blizzard even care?

I-hate-u

Coming home to these Lucio PTR changes:

Although it forces the Lucio to stick with his team (like he should) and not go for those risky boops, I find the changes overall very positive for the character and game in general. Flankers for sure are gonna need a dedicated range healer like an Ana or Zen more than ever though.

But all these changes to me make Lucio even more of a must pick especially in tanky teams, so I don't think his usage will go down at all like Blizz wants.

edit: Also, these changes means not only he is harder to kill due to the wall ride buffs, but he does more consistent damage and builds his ults faster. Awesome.

11k heal with zen. Feels good. But then again other team didn't stand a chance
We had an ana too.
I don't think she boosted anyone lol

EMT0

Banned
After trying it out...eh. It's only going to encourage deathballs as it is, anything else Lucio becomes way less useful. And god forbid you show any kind of initiative and do something on your own -_-

I'm still gonna play him, just gotta stay closer, I think the wall ride buff and heal buff does wonders for his survivability.

He's stronger 1vs1 for sure, better healing and if things get too dangerous just wall-ride out of there, wonder how hard it will be to hit him on console.

Hopefully this change will make people group up more.
lol who am I kidding

I find the aura circle distracting

Yeah I really don't want that. Hopefully you can switch it off.

KanameYuuki

Lucio is my fav char to play and I've always been a really aggressive one to the point I'm really using him not that right, but with these new changes it seems he will be even more of a fit for me, I wish I were better at booping, I'm not that cheeky yet.

I would like for the radius to be a biiiiiit bigger but we can't have everything we want.

edit: Also, these changes means not only he is harder to kill due to the wall ride buffs, but he does more consistent damage and builds his ults faster. Awesome.

Debatable.

You build your ult with healing too. I don't think the 50% buff to his healing can compensate the radius nerf when you play with uncoordinated teams where everyone is all over the place.

Top Bottom