• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

LiK

Good QP matches tonight with Gaffers and some other guys who joined. Didn't get to do Comp cuz Optimus was too high ranked lol.

Good QP matches tonight with Gaffers and some other guys who joined. Didn't get to do Comp cuz Optimus was too high ranked lol.

dont think we had a koth map today. was fun that we manage to get some synergy out of our 6 stack.

Good games all, did we even get stopped on the first point on any of these maps? I don't feel like we had a really bad loss that didn't involve any OP Bastion cheese.

Yea, 6v6 stacks and it wasn't frustrating. A good group of guys.

Glad to hear that me coming in to round out the 6 didn't result in disaster. Haha. Would like to eventually try comp in the higher ranks with more GAF peeps, but I know rolling more than 3 deep can result in getting matched against actual teams that always play together. Also, Orisa finally getting introduced this coming week might just throw things out of whack that trying to rank up in Competitive would be insane anytime soon.

But whatever, I'm in Diamond now so I'm mostly satisfied. Will still play hard in ranked, but I won't be tilting much from now on.

I hope.

komaruR

Good games all, did we even get stopped on the first point on any of these maps? I don't feel like we had a really bad loss that didn't involve any OP Bastion cheese.

yea. atleast or hopefully tues comes the bastion nerf. no more 1 hero carry.

finalflame

Gold Member
For everyone hating on moon earlier this week, xXGODSLAYERXx is now dead.

RIP, may he continue on in death how he did in life: feeding.

let me download ptr again so i can see boostio in action.

oh man. zen is still great. discording people who they are attacking because i'm too lazy to voice chat (as if i ever use voice chat).

please don't nerf him.

These Lucio changes are interesting, I always like to stay close to my teammates so the radius nerf wouldn't bother me as much. Though I'd love to see the visual effect of the range outside of the PTR as well, it just looks so handy.

So did the range decrease? It feels smaller when I heal
And omg it's terrible to see. It's like I'm focused on that. Please remove it

I didn't get a single game on Hollywood today out of 15+ games. strange.

I was able to get up +100 sr today so I'm inching closer to gold. I feel like I'm really improving with my aiming on console, especially with Ana & Sombra. (Roadhog/Sombra/Ana mains btw)

has anyone set goals for themselves this season? or am I just taking this game too seriously?

hypernima

Banned

I was able to get up +100 sr today so I'm inching closer to gold. I feel like I'm really improving with my aiming on console, especially with Ana & Sombra. (Roadhog/Sombra/Ana mains btw)

has anyone set goals for themselves this season? or am I just taking this game too seriously?

Nah, it's good to set goals in this game. Self-improvement is always good.

antitrop

After 2 seasons in Diamond, my goal was to get Masters, which I did in a week after S4 started. So my new goal is just to stay in Masters and not drop back to Diamond.

make every game i join they can carry me to master as lucio. lmao.

so is it pretty much a givin that we are getting a map next? I really want a Junker Town, Australia as the next location. A Payload map preferably.

edit: or maybe the Horizon, Lunar Colony? lets fight on the moon.

Weekend is here, holy shit so many throwers. I really need to learn the trick of leaving and rejoining the game to get it canceled in the first minute. I don't know how they do it so fast... a player on my team just did that to save us from a certain defeat.

Really want to play but my last 3-4 games were really bad, not enjoyable in the slightest.

I want to get above 2000 SR. I was up to 1600 before I got a guy who AFKed 2 matches in a row. :-(

Jellie

After 2 seasons in Diamond, my goal was to get Masters, which I did in a week after S4 started. So my new goal is just to stay in Masters and not drop back to Diamond.
Pretty much the same for me but I did placements later. Also want to get better skill wise not just SR wise.

The 2CP change was so obvious that it's strange why they took this long to do it, and Hanamura has the exact same kind of choke at its first point that Eichenwalde does so it's funny that they would just change it there.

The Lucio changes are a net positive for him I think, which isn't really what I'd consider a good thing but oh well.

That's a bummer. That's my SR goal too; went from 1525 to 1645 in just solo q today. It took awhile, mostly from have 5+ Draws. I hate Draws.

If you're PC-America, feel free to add Karsticles#1474. I play most nights and main Roadhog.

The 2CP change was so obvious that it's strange why they took this long to do it, and Hanamura has the exact same kind of choke at its first point that Eichenwalde does so it's funny that they would just change it there.

The Lucio changes are a net positive for him I think, which isn't really what I'd consider a good thing but oh well.
The goal isn't to make Lucio worse - as a character, he isn't that great. It's to make him non-essential for competitive team functionality. He'll need to be better to be worth picking if his auras take a hit.

Pretty much the same for me but I did placements later. Also want to get better skill wise not just SR wise.

Yeah it's always this for me, it's fun to improve ourselves. When I look back at how I played this game when I started, being my first online FPS experience too, it's kind of hilarious... I was so bad lol

SR depends a lot on the other players, it's not something I have control of so I don't set goals there. It would only lead to frustration... just want to have fun and do cool stuff during the games.

If you're PC-America, feel free to add Karsticles#1474. I play most nights and main Roadhog.

I'm on ps4, but I do have the pc version. I can't play comp yet as I'm only on lvl 10. tbh I wanna eventually switch to the PC version, so ill add yeah if that's ok. I feel like the PC Overwatch is a whole new monster and I was feeling a little intimidated by it, but it might be time. I play Roadhog/Sombra/Ana on Console, no idea on PC.

Had a tense match today morning.
Held final point kings row.
Our mercy dcd on attack. We managed to get A almost in overtime.
Push midway streets then she joined back.
Made it to the end in overtime. So good.

My fav ult that match cuz i jumped up at the end for soldier.
https://youtu.be/_GM1hrvdSro
2hp ;_; i was so scared almost solo ulted to death

Our mccree saved the game at the end
https://youtu.be/25-PBF9zOkU

Jellie

Had a tense match today morning.
Held final point kings row.
Our mercy dcd on attack. We managed to get A almost in overtime.
Push midway streets then she joined back.
Made it to the end in overtime. So good.

My fav ult that match cuz i jumped up at the end for soldier.
https://youtu.be/_GM1hrvdSro
2hp ;_; i was so scared almost solo ulted to death

Our mccree saved the game at the end
https://youtu.be/25-PBF9zOkU

You actually get Reinhardts in your master games. Lucky :(
Sucks to Zarya without one.

He can survive and land shots more, but with the radius nerf, it is hard to stay alive AND heal or boost teammates at the same time.

Actually, the changes kind of suggest playing like DPSTanky; very mobile and aggressive secondary healer that groups up to heal teammates when necessary. A lot of people play a defensive ground Lucio that has healing on most of the time. We will probably see a lot of death ball comps because of the Lucio radius nerf, even though his mobility and projectile buff seem to suggest being more inclined towards diving.

I only played a couple of matches in Eichenwalde yesterday, but I didn't try Lucio in an actual match. I played Lucio a lot when I got the game, so I am interested. I don't think that the changes will make carrying with him as good as it used to be if the radius of healing/boost is reduced.

Jellie

Still somewhat rare :X
I need to find a new Rein main to duo with since Skii is out of range now and has to study for exams.
This is the standard of Reinhardt I see in masters.
Just so passive, stays in the backline and lets you walk through his shield.

Do you see a lot of dive and how do you deal with it as Zarya? I'm not good with or against dive with her.
He can survive and land shots more, but with the radius nerf, it is hard to stay alive AND heal or boost teammates at the same time.

Actually, the changes kind of suggest playing like DPSTanky; very mobile and aggressive secondary healer that groups up to heal teammates when necessary. A lot of people play a defensive ground Lucio that has healing on most of the time. We will probably see a lot of death ball comps because of the Lucio radius nerf, even though his mobility and projectile buff seem to suggest being more inclined towards diving.

I only played a couple of matches in Eichenwalde yesterday, but I didn't try Lucio in an actual match. I played Lucio a lot when I got the game, so I am interested. I don't think that the changes will make carrying with him as good as it used to be if the radius of healing/boost is reduced.

If you play as DSPStanky then none of your auras will affect your team. Might as well play a DPS at that point.
He should still be good in deathballs and probably will enable it with Ana's grenade buff on his amped healing. He can still function in a dive but it's riskier since he has to stay in the front line with the dive.

AngryMoth

Interesting Lucio changes. Looking at some videos, seems that the speed changes are a bit much lol.

Wouldn't mind him seeing him get a little more radius back during amp it up though otherwise would be pretty difficult to co-ordinate speed boost pushes

LiK

I watched all the various Lucio "buff" and "nerf" videos (why not just say "rework"?) and I like the changes overall. The decrease in range actually doesn't bother me much cuz my playstyle is to stay near my teammates anyway. I always felt it was too large and Lucio players sometimes just go off flanking without worrying about how far away they are.

The best is his primary fire is faster so he can actually hit more which is real nice. That was one of the changes I wanted. I also like that healing and speed amp is 50% faster which is huge. Makes saving weak teammates much faster like with Mercy. Not sure about his Ult getting a range decrease too. That kinda hurts. The wall riding speed increase is pretty cool. I like it.

But overall, it fits my playstyle of sticking with my team so it works for me. I hate Lucios hanging back far away healing and speedboosting anyway.

Jellie

I watched all the various Lucio "buff" and "nerf" videos (why not just say "rework"?) and I like the changes overall. The decrease in range actually doesn't bother me much cuz my playstyle is to stay near my teammates anyway. I always felt it was too large and Lucio players sometimes just go off flanking without worrying about how far away they are.

The best is his primary fire is faster so he can actually hit more which is real nice. That was one of the changes I wanted. I also like that healing and speed amp is 50% faster which is huge. Makes saving weak teammates much faster like with Mercy. Not sure about his Ult getting a range decrease too. That kinda hurts. The wall riding speed increase is pretty cool. I like it.

But overall, it fits my playstyle of sticking with my team so it works for me. I hate Lucios hanging back far away healing and speedboosting anyway.

I think its only healing that got buffed? Was speed buffed by 50% too?
The radius for the ult should match the aura otherwise you can't tell how many you have in range.

LiK

I think its only healing that got buffed? Was speed buffed by 50% too?
The radius for the ult should match the aura otherwise you can't tell how many you have in range.

Yea, I think a few videos said the speed and healing amp are identical. Although, maybe they're wrong? I dunno. Everyone was testing it in Practice Range.

I think the Ult range should be the same. It's an Ult and decreasing the range is kinda silly.

Oh man i just heard of the 2cp/hybrid changes.
Makes defending for draws ALOT harder.

You p much always need to have someone on point so a sombra or tracer doesnt blink in.

Skii

You p much always need to have someone on point so a sombra or tracer doesnt blink in.

Yeah it's actually going to either force you to defend on point or you'll need to have a DPS/off healer on the point at all times.

I really hope they keep making changes like the Lucio one with other characters. And hopefully its every few weeks. These changes they're trying out every week makes the game feel fresh and makes me want to keep jumping back in.

AbaFadi

Banned

I think they should do it based on the number of ticks instead. All this is gonna do is encourage back-capping over and over.

Genji quick play morning. I'd say sorry in advance to any of my teammates but there hasn't been a game with normal composition yet.

Any console-specific Genji tips? I've got super sensitivity going with him already.

I can knock out some great plays but then turn around die such an astonishingly fucking stupid death with him that it wipes out any good I've done.

Top Bottom