• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Just had a guy throw the game because we had a junkrat (which was actually very good). After a while started calling everyone gay.

I'm done with this game. too many trolls and Blizzard is not doing anything.

Danj

What's the general opinion of Uprising? On the one hand I like it because it means there's now a guaranteed way to get your arcade lootbox wins, but on the other hand it is kinda long and I couldn't stomach doing it a bunch of times in a row. It'd be cool if it became a game mode and got some more maps.

LiK

Whoa, rewatching a VOD on Comp with Buttchin and it has all the voice chat. That's pretty good. I think it didn't record it before by default way back.

NeoRaider

What's the general opinion of Uprising? On the one hand I like it because it means there's now a guaranteed way to get your arcade lootbox wins, but on the other hand it is kinda long and I couldn't stomach doing it a bunch of times in a row. It'd be cool if it became a game mode and got some more maps.

It was fun first two days.

BTW. Just had maybe my two best Eichenwalde games attacking with D.Va, and defending with Junkrat. 4 golds, POTGs... etc.

Junkrat is SO strong on defense here and D.Va is great on attack!

_Legacy_

Just got 15SR for a win in a game where both teams had nearly the same group rating. Seems Blizzard thinks I should be stuck in mid plat. Played a great game with Rein as well, that sucks.

Hanzo scatter arrow is still the most broken thing in the game. Fought a one trick that consistently oneshot a person every cooldown.

Feels cheaper than original Roadhog hook, or PharMercy spam.

Apathy

Hanzo scatter arrow is still the most broken thing in the game. Fought a one trick that consistently oneshot a person every cooldown.

Feels cheaper than original Roadhog hook, or PharMercy spam.

Yup. Still one shots zarya from full health. It's usually the thing that kills me when I'm doing really well and not dying to the enemy team.

LiK

Comp with Buttchin and other Gaffers from two nights ago. I missed the first half cuz I forgot to set my recording to more than 15 min. But at least I have the start of Junk's return. First half was a stomp anyway. I enjoy Buttchin's reactions.

https://youtu.be/9zpui4sjpNk

You have to get creative if you hope to kill anyone with Deadeye, lol.

Yup, Deadeye is almost worthless unless you sneak it in.

NeoRaider

So do we all agree that Widowmaker sadly has the worst Ulti of them all??
I mean it can be useful for her, headshots and all that but overall it's pretty short and pointless. I wish they would do something about it.

Also it would be cool if Venom Mine when triggered would also reveal enemy position for the short period of time, just like Hanzo's Sonic Arrow does it.

Trickster

Games with russians have been very rare for me, but I've had a couple today, and man, they really are very prone to being ragers, aren't they ?

pizzacat

Banned
6 losses in a row.

5 shitty hanzo's.
1 leaver.

Blizzard really needs to fix this shit.

Remove hanzo from competitive. It's only being used by trolls and noobs.
A good hanzo is the scariest thing in the game
I mean it can be useful for her, headshots and all that but overall it's pretty short and pointless. I wish they would do something about it.

Also it would be cool if Venom Mine when triggered would also reveal enemy position for the short period of time, just like Hanzo's Sonic Arrow does it.
Knowing an enemies exact position on both sides during a push is super important

Her ult might not be the best but it's not even close to the bad ones

Skii

Nah it's an ult that greatly benefits what Widow is trying to do. It also like dead eye zones enemies and denies space unless they want to die.

exYle

Comp with Buttchin and other Gaffers from two nights ago. I missed the first half cuz I forgot to set my recording to more than 15 min. But at least I have the start of Junk's return. First half was a stomp anyway. I enjoy Buttchin's reactions.

https://youtu.be/9zpui4sjpNk

Holy fuck dude I don't think I've ever seen your Junk in action from your perspective

Christ

NeoRaider

Knowing an enemies exact position on both sides during a push is super important

Her ult might not be the best but it's not even close to the bad ones

I used to think the same but the more i use it, the more i think that it's not really good compared to the rest of the Ultis.

LordofPwn

QP - Attack on Gibralter

I always insta-lock widow for the first portion of this map, but will go Pharah depending on enemy lineup and positioning.

My team picks Hanzo, Genji, Junkrat, and Soldier.

The enemy team has a kinda balanced comp; Rein, Roadhog, Mercy, Torb, Bastion, Soldier.

My friend who's in chat with me asks who he should pick. I say fuck it pick another DPS, pick Pharah. Who needs tanks and healers if you're just going to kill them before they can kill you.

We won the map in 4:46. I had 15 elims (no medal) 1 death and a scoped accuracy of 62%. No one on my team switched. The enemy team ended with Ana, McCree, Rein, Torb, Zarya, Roadhog. The last 5 were in a group. We had 1 solo, my group of 2 and another group of 3. Probably the fastest I've ever completed that map.

komaruR

QP - Attack on Gibralter

I always insta-lock widow for the first portion of this map, but will go Pharah depending on enemy lineup and positioning.

My team picks Hanzo, Genji, Junkrat, and Soldier.

The enemy team has a kinda balanced comp; Rein, Roadhog, Mercy, Torb, Bastion, Soldier.

My friend who's in chat with me asks who he should pick. I say fuck it pick another DPS, pick Pharah. Who needs tanks and healers if you're just going to kill them before they can kill you.

We won the map in 4:46. I had 15 elims (no medal) 1 death and a scoped accuracy of 62%. No one on my team switched. The enemy team ended with Ana, McCree, Rein, Torb, Zarya, Roadhog. The last 5 were in a group. We had 1 solo, my group of 2 and another group of 3. Probably the fastest I've ever completed that map.

lol junkrat and soldier gonna down that shield like nothing and making it easy pick for widow and hanzo.
then with hanzo, shield means nothing once he dragon straight in their face.
just surprise they didnt do a dive comp on you guys since they got 5people.

Shahadan

*Mercy resurrects the entire enemy team*
-Shit, let's do it again and hope for better luck!
*Mercy resurrects the entire enemy team again*
-Next time for sure guys, hope for luck!

That's basically the only way I can imagine my teammates thought process. Otherwise they'd just learn to kill the bitch.

rfld3m8.jpg

This is today! In 6 hours it will be GAF v GAF! It will be at 7pm Eastern 6pm Central be sure to be there!

Trickster

Picking widow against a triple tank team of Rein, Winston and Zarya. Then get mad when told maybe not best idea. Of course he has a thick eastern european accent lol

Top Bottom