• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Jellie

Nah, it was confirmed by Jeff Kaplan himself. Someone linked another post about it here too when it was happening. I forget which.

Yup. You basically need close to a 60% win rate to maintain your current SR nowadays when before a 45-50% win rate was enough to stabilize and even grow with short win streaks.
If you're no longer climbing its because the game thinks thats where you belong. It tries to put your SR close to your hidden mmr that it calculates. Notice how everyone in the thread who is complaining about lower gains/higher losses is mentioning that when they reach their season high when this occurs. It's because their SR is above their hidden MMR. If you play enough games at that SR and win the game will think you deserve it. Right now it probably thinks you're too high and is trying to put you back to where it thinks you should be.

Chance

Whenever I feel bad about whiffing Pulse Bombs I just watch some pro Tracer vids. They miss just as many if not more than I do lol

ohkay

If you're no longer climbing its because the game thinks thats where you belong. It tries to put your SR close to your hidden mmr that it calculates. Notice how everyone in the thread who is complaining about lower gains/higher losses is mentioning that when they reach their season high when this occurs. It's because their SR is above their hidden MMR. If you play enough games at that SR and win the game will think you deserve it. Right now it probably thinks you're too high and is trying to put you back to where it thinks you should be.
It's also accounting for your personal performance on a character relative to other people at that SR. I've had games where I know I played like shit and I'll lose ~30 points, whereas I'll lose ~20 when I'm playing well, even on supports. Same with wins.

LordofPwn

thats exactly what dive comp does. dive on the split the party. which means they just need 3 heros to dive in to your small group of dunno how many (i assume dive the easier target first, those that has lesser mobility) and take them out then retreat or even dive the next target and repeat on another patch.
dive just means no poking dmg but straight jump right on your team and make havoc.

they were playing a turtle type of comp and dumb to not change tactic for that whole duration.

They were facing uncoordinated chaos and an unconventional comp lineup that people don't really teach you how to counter. A dive comp lineup would have helped, but they also needed to regroup. They also didn't have a chance to grab high ground in the hanger. We were high low behind and to the side of them. I got hooked by a Roadhog once but he died before he was able to finish me.

Jellie

It's also accounting for your personal performance on a character relative to other people at that SR. I've had games where I know I played like shit and I'll lose ~30 points, whereas I'll lose ~20 when I'm playing well, even on supports. Same with wins.
Yeah that too but the people who mentioned it said they played well so didn't mention that.
Nothing at all, just stating that it was my first loss of the day. I had previously won all my other games.
Oh ok. Think somebody the other day mentiong first win of the day (might have been you too idk) so thought they were getting confused with bonus exp from bonus win of the day thing.

TIME
TO
WATCH
MY
BOY
BATMAN
BOMB
THE
GROUND

Bombing the ground has its uses actually. It's better to bomb the ground when enemy team is grav'd since you'll do more damage and if you stick a rein or dva etc they can charge/fly out taking your bomb with it.

Foxxsoxx

Picks Zarya. Team literally avoids me the entirity of the game.

Thats the first match I have ever thrown. Literally just ran into the back and crouched because every teammate would trickle in one at a time versus their 6. Every. Freaking. Time.

But its QP so whatever :p

Chance

That was so much fun! Ramirez, you are a fucking wrecking machine lol. Everyone's healed up..? Let's... just... damage... buff... him. Whup, the enemy team's gone. And I pulled off some clutch-ass rezzes on Dorado.

hpDE2Pv.jpg

Feels good. And also more like

BwHQCwK.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was playing Winston and had a Reaper, Soldier and McRee on the enemy team so I gave up just from all the damage.

I switched to Pharah on Ilios and I dominated the shit out of them. Even with Mcree and 76. And I'm a terrible Pharah player. It wasn't until they got McRee, 76, AND widow that I stopped opressing them. Then my teammate switched from Lucio to Mercy and we were untouchable

balanced af character

Top Bottom