• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

komaruR

I increased the mouse DPI by mistake, and suddenly I am so much better at aiming with Mcree, Widow (especially her) and Pharah. I usually don't like higher sensitivities by somehow this works better in Overwatch (Widow has slow scoped speed/sensitivity).

its all muscle memory and comfort zone too. your previous sens+dpi was probably too low?

KotH, 2-2 and I have three Golds as Zarya.

I ult on point for the Genji to follow up and he's off chasing the Shield Generator the enemy Symmetra placed instead of ulting and winning, despite me telling him my plan the second we left spawn.

SMH.

rulerk1

Nope, just an elim. But still I don't think that's fair.

there was time when i as Mercy got three kills shooting into a grav, a three man rez (which let us cap the point), and 2 assist but the POTG went to a genji who ulted that same grav ( 2 kills had my portrait mind you) killed three of them and a rando torb. I felt robbed

Skii

there was time when i as Mercy got three kills shooting into a grav, a three man rez (which let us cap the point), and 2 assist but the POTG went to a genji who ulted that same grav ( 2 kills had my portrait mind you) killed three of them and a rando torb. I felt robbed

That seems fair. Genji's damage was probably the deciding factor for each kill rather than your own.

I've had plenty of game saving 4x rezzes lose to 3x kill Pharah and Genji ults. The potg algorithm doesn't feel right.

I am legit tilted right now.

I have a Torb on my team on Numbani who throws deliberately despite me telling the team we can make it work.

Next game he's on the other team on King's Row and goes Tracer and plays much better.

Then he says "Sorry Talynn they complimented me more so I wanted to try this time."

:/

Had a pretty good day of games. Won all of them up until I get placed on Oasis with 4 teammates who ONLY play Supports and the last guy is a Tank/Support player. Spend the whole game getting told I'm not doing anything when the enemy teams health bars refuse to go down because almost no one is playing a role correctly.

GGs, really have to improve my mercy instincts, if that was comp I would be all sorts of pissed off.

Yeah. You have to know where everyone is positioned pretty much. Everyone's full of health? Maybe not stack with them... So you can do the Rez. It's why I always yell out to die on point if you're gonna die or if there are only two left just to die.

It's hard to read as Mercy but with enough practice you'll get it down. This montage is a good way to learn.

https://youtu.be/Fb_FbI4hkfA

EDIT: Always get your pistol out when a fellow Zarya uses her Ult... You can help add to taking them out or reins shield.

New all time high, 3041. Kinda want to get to master but man it's going to be tough as balls. Mercy is my main this season and my win rate is 73% with about 21 games with her.

Edit:

Won another game with her, another all time high, 3078.

maomaoIYP

I've had plenty of game saving 4x rezzes lose to 3x kill Pharah and Genji ults. The potg algorithm doesn't feel right.

The game cannot recognize game saving plays. It only recognizes fire meter generated within a short period of time, and plays using no ults beats out plays which only uses ults (because literally pressing Q is less skillful). For example a quad kill with just regular shooting will always beat out a quad kill tactical visor.

I don't think Psycho Pass was all that great, but DBZ is pretty timeless.

1st season was good, but yeah I won't say it's one of my favourites ever. Still very enjoyable.

Lol, getting caught in that sucked.

I wish Pinku called out his gravs more, there were three times I had an ult waiting for grav but nothing.

Yeah. You have to know where everyone is positioned pretty much. Everyone's full of health? Maybe not stack with them... So you can do the Rez. It's why I always tell out to die on point if you're gonna die or if there are only two left just to die.

It's hard to read as Mercy but with enough practice you'll get it down. This montage is a good way to learn.

https://youtu.be/Fb_FbI4hkfA

EDIT: Always get your pistol out when a fellow Zarya uses her Ult... You can help add to taking them out or reins shield.

I thought it was safe to leave since our Zarya and Junkrat used their ults.

It wasn't lol

I remember seeing that montage, it's pretty good. A few weeks ago I saw a couple of videos from a person (can't remember the name) that only plays Mercy and has 2 or 3 accounts.You guys should know who I'm talking about.

Feel like I'm seeing Mercy and Genji now in every comp game I do. Lots of Pharah too.

I have to say though, I really like where the meta is right now, so much better than just 3-4 tanks every match.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Can't get in the groove with comp this season, each weekend I suffer a bit more, then drop into random heroes to just chill

Friend me up PSN (same name) if you're fuckin gold like me, wanna group up comp weekends, some Thurs night thx

1st season was good, but yeah I won't say it's one of my favourites ever. Still very enjoyable.

I thought it was safe to leave since our Zarya and Junkrat used their ults.

It wasn't lol

I remember seeing that montage, it's pretty good. A few weeks ago I saw a couple of videos from a person (can't remember the name) that only plays Mercy and has 2 or 3 accounts.You guys should know who I'm talking about.

EeveA. I don't watch a lot of pro play... but I've gabbed at a few videos.

komaruR

You kept proof of your failure, big mistake.

Yup that one.

Not just mine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

200.gif

Pooh you still got that discord channel? link it and make it permanent.

In Bronze/Silver 100% of matches feature Junkrat, and 99% have Pharah. The Junkrats always complain about Pharah, and I always tell them to switch to a useful hero so they can help kill her.

I would kill to be part of those 1% with no Pharah. She's functionally immune to a handful of characters and the people who grab her counters (basically Widow/Soldier only) usually ignore Pharah. She needs a fix/nerf, I don't give a shit which, but she really is sucking the fun out of the game lately.

Lowly PS4 gold player here....this thread gave me some solid encouragement when I finally broke 2200 in Season 2. I started queuing with some very nice players but never got beyond that in S3, then in S4 I came in at around 1800 and decided to just solo for a bit.

The game loves to fuck with you:

I know it's some middle-of-the-road ranking bullshit, but damn if this didn't feel great tonight:

All Zarya, all the time.

Edit:

This is awesome news. I'm super excited to try her but she's the reason I pushed so hard to get Plat tonight-I figured comp would turn into a mess when she launched. This is smart.

I would kill to be part of those 1% with no Pharah. She's functionally immune to a handful of characters and the people who grab her counters (basically Widow/Soldier only) usually ignore Pharah. She needs a fix/nerf, I don't give a shit which, but she really is sucking the fun out of the game lately.

Calling out her location does wonders towards stopping her.

Lowly PS4 gold player here....this thread gave me some solid encouragement when I finally broke 2200 in Season 2. I started queuing with some very nice players but never got beyond that in S3, then in S4 I came in at around 1800 and decided to just solo for a bit.

The game loves to fuck with you:

I know it's some middle-of-the-road ranking bullshit, but damn if this didn't feel great tonight:

All Zarya, all the time.

Edit:

This is awesome news. I'm super excited to try her but she's the reason I pushed so hard to get Plat tonight-I figured comp would turn into a mess when she launched. This is smart.

Nice dude, don't stop until diamond!

GGS lik, this game is crazy dumb with shitty teammates lol

I think I might invest time with McCree, I was killing the snipers with a long range shot @_@. You need to play sombra more, you were doing work with the hacks.

only time i'm decent with zarya when the other team is SUPER SUPER Bad. like throwing the game for the rest of the team not able to win. that's when i'm alright with her lol

Village

Tried , I tried to give this game an honest go after glitches stole matches from me in placement, but where i am I don't feel like I can rank up with out a team, nor do I have people to play with. Nor in this tier fun. I gave it a go , tried to be fair

Maybe overwatch will be a good game in season 5. Because it doesn't feel like a very good one right now.

LiK

My shitty Genji got a card. Well, that was worth it. Props to jam86 for dealing with my shitty practice night.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So sad my last Comp didn't give me POTG. I fucking saved the day. They were getting ulted by Zayra, but our team switched to Rein. Said hold on for 3 seconds, flank quick behind and gun down their Mercy. She was fucking us over all game with Rez, Ulted, and got the Quintuple kill.

Switched to Pharah at the end since we couldn't get at their healers, killed their Ana and forced to Mercy to burn the ult on a double rez, then blew her off.

Probably my best game in a while as DPS. Sucked the first round, but really put in work the last two. Caught their team alone going through a door and killed their Tracer as she tele behind, just waited for the sound and rocket to the face. Forcing them to getting pinched between both sides and they could never get any ground for that point.

Sometimes I think ults should factor in their consequences on the match. Sure, maybe my ult only killed 2 people, but we won because of it - shouldn't that weigh a little more than the triple kill that led to nothing?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sometimes I think ults should factor in their consequences on the match. Sure, maybe my ult only killed 2 people, but we won because of it - shouldn't that weigh a little more than the triple kill that led to nothing?

Had a Symmetry putting down a teleport for a POTG before.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I had quitters in three of my S4 placement matches, and comp is still plagued by quitters all the time.

Isn't there anything more that can be done?

KarmaCow

Well I fucked up, I should have done placements sooner. With the Lucio changes and Orisa coming out tomorrow, the game should be fucked for a while as people experiment with it in comp for some reason.

Village

I had quitters in three of my S4 placement matches, and comp is still plagued by quitters all the time.

Isn't there anything more that can be done?

It seems the solution to these things is find a team of people to play with.

But now after the overwatch magic has worn off, i'm starting to feel like maybe I shouldn't have to coordinate 5 other people to have fun. I guess? I don't feel like i'm progressing by myself, so I guess the solution to all woes is to find friends to play with. Or deal with it, or don't play.

And that sucks

Well I fucked up, I should have done placements sooner. With the Lucio changes and Orisa coming out tomorrow, the game should be fucked for a while as people experiment with it in comp for some reason.
Lucio isn't in this patch apparently, and Orisa is banned from comp for a week.

LiK

Still have time before the update goes live.

Top Bottom