• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Wait, what?

are the first two possible? am i dumb?

Village

1) Pause the game.
2) Fill the spot.
3) New player cannot lose SR but can gain it.

I would also add, SR loss decreases given the number of players that leave.

I wish they would do something about trolls, given the mounting issues the game is giving me actively making not fun to play, the placement glitches and queing by myself feeling like i'm not progressing, i'm just stuck in bronze. The trolls make it worse, because... you have pay for their whatever youtube video they want to make in comp. That's the thing I hate the most most.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I would also add, SR loss decreases given the number of players that leave.

Doesn't work for me as an add. I like the idea the game pauses and doesn't proceed until you get teamed up.

As an alt, yeah, more credit if you win 5 up, less penalty if you lose makes sense, right?

Village

Doesn't work for me as an add. I like the idea the game pauses and doesn't proceed until you get teamed up.

As an alt, yeah, more credit if you win 5 up, less penalty if you lose makes sense, right?

I don't know if they could pause the game, it would waste peoples time . Its why if a person quits like 1 minuet into the game, the whole game stops, time's been wasted.

I think the best course of action would be to either reward, or lessen the blow of people who decided to stay

KarmaCow

I don't know if they could pause the game, it would waste peoples time . Its why if a person quits like 1 minuet into the game, the whole game stops, time's been wasted.

I think the best course of action would be to either reward, or lessen the blow of people who decided to stay

The problem with this is that it would lead to people trying to game the system with alts that are just there to eat the SR hit on a losing game for the sake of the others or worse, people pressuring others to leave.

maomaoIYP

Sometimes I think ults should factor in their consequences on the match. Sure, maybe my ult only killed 2 people, but we won because of it - shouldn't that weigh a little more than the triple kill that led to nothing?

I agree, but I suppose it's a lot more difficult to program the game to recognize and quantify consequence. Landing a sleep dart on an ulting Genji or McCree is potentially game saving, but it's hard to give credit for people they didn't potentially kill.

Imbarkus

The problem with this is that it would lead to people trying to game the system with alts that are just there to eat the SR hit on a losing game for the sake of the others or worse, people pressuring others to leave.

OK give me the social chat option for All Players so I can beg the enemy team to let me get a trophy if I'm the last one left!

I think I'm destined to never hit Diamond.

Started tonight at 2700, get up to 2765 and then drop down to 2665 then back up to 2700.

I had a mercy who was high and she would only heal her boyfriend then get mad at me when I pointed it out.

Another Torb thrower.

Then I go Roadhog, McCree and Soldier to have some fun and end up dominating.

Maybe I'm done with Shieldman for now.

Village

So the solution is

" If you want to have fun playing this video game, find people to play with or fuck you. We have your money now "

got it

I just want to practice Genji on my alt, but some toxic poopbutt Hanzo player has to make me play a character I'm already good at against plats and diamonds.

n4KdODx.png

So the solution is

" If you want to have fun playing this video game, find people to play with or fuck you. We have your money now "

got it

Honestly, how many quitters do you get? I see maybe one quitter in every 25-30 games.

Sometimes flexing is just not worth it.

Like, I hate Genji with a passion but if I have to play him to climb I just might...

It pains me when I see you and Anti, people I've played with and kept up with in Diamond / Master and I've been stuck in the same 2-300 SR range for two seasons now.

Gorillaz

God I would love i orisa is banned from comp for a week if that's true. Yea it will still happen with people rushing to play her after that week but sombra locks were so obnixous at release. Let it breath a bit.

Geneijin

Currently watching DSPStanky's stream and I think he said it best about the new Lucio. Instead of being a healing station, he's now more like a paramedic.

Village

I just want to practice Genji on my alt, but some toxic poopbutt Hanzo player has to make me play a character I'm already good at against plats and diamonds.

n4KdODx.png

Honestly, how many quitters do you get? I see maybe one quitter in every 25-30 games.

in super low bronze, a lot. Its part of the reason why I have no urge to rank up, and i'm probably going to give up until next season

Hell last season when I actually got 1600 points and hung around there, I got more than I was confortable with

You think people wouldn't like do that you know, but folks do.

Edit: I'm not saying its every match, that's a bullshit lie. But its like, way more than it honestly should be.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Like, I hate Genji with a passion but if I have to play him to climb I just might...

It pains me when I see you and Anti, people I've played with and kept up with in Diamond / Master and I've been stuck in the same 2-300 SR range for two seasons now.
I mean I just went with my highest win rate character and shoved it down the enemy teams throat like there's no tomorrow. Though I know that's not as easy it sounds. I'd offer to help, but you're keeping it solo, right?

I think I'm destined to never hit Diamond.

Started tonight at 2700, get up to 2765 and then drop down to 2665 then back up to 2700.

I had a mercy who was high and she would only heal her boyfriend then get mad at me when I pointed it out.

Another Torb thrower.

Then I go Roadhog, McCree and Soldier to have some fun and end up dominating.

Maybe I'm done with Shieldman for now.
Play Ana or if you'll really feeling yourself Mercy. I feel there is no better time to play support and climb.

hypernima

Banned
Yo PS4 GAF, what would you say your best roles are? I was analyzing the six stack from earlier and I noticed that Owzers and Pooh were by far better supports than what I could play. :( I feel like I'm gonna be stuck playing DPS if I want to get to Masters this season, but it seemed like it was my best role when we were playing today.

Cappa

Banned
Yo PS4 GAF, what would you say your best roles are? I was analyzing the six stack from earlier and I noticed that Owzers and Pooh were by far better supports than what I could play. :( I feel like I'm gonna be stuck playing DPS if I want to get to Masters this season, but it seemed like it was my best role when we were playing today.
Im best with support and defensive characters but it depends on the maps too.

I'd personally rather play support when I'm in a gaf stack. When I'm solo Qing I usually run S76Dva. Went on a 10 game win streak yesterday just switching between those two and occasionally playing as Zen /Lucio .

My best hero is Mei. sometimes I bring her out when our team is in a bind. I broke her out on koth ilios the other day in our gaf stack and ended up with gold elims and turned the game around. Mei carries are real!

Sande

I agree, but I suppose it's a lot more difficult to program the game to recognize and quantify consequence. Landing a sleep dart on an ulting Genji or McCree is potentially game saving, but it's hard to give credit for people they didn't potentially kill.
Overwatch does that though. Or at least tries to.

The POTG system feels all around pretty broken. Like, you can get "lifesaver" even though whoever you supposedly saved didn't even survive, or for saving yourself which is just hilarious.

maomaoIYP

Overwatch does that though. Or at least tries to.

The POTG system feels all around pretty broken. Like, you can get "lifesaver" even though whoever you supposedly saved didn't even survive, or for saving yourself which is just hilarious.

With 'Lifesaver'? I don't think I've ever been awarded that for shutting down a high noon or dragonblade.

KuroNeeko

Im best with support and defensive characters but it depends on the maps too.

I'd personally rather play support when I'm in a gaf stack. When I'm solo Qing I usually run S76Dva. Went on a 10 game win streak yesterday just switching between those two and occasionally playing as Zen /Lucio .

My best hero is Mei. sometimes I bring her out when our team is in a bind. I broke her out on koth ilios the other day in our gaf stack and ended up with gold elims and turned the game around. Mei carries are real!

Mei is my most played hero as well, and though I'm a scrub-tier player, I find that people always underestimate her icicle gun. I STILL have trouble getting head shots in after freezing people, but no problem hitting them from long range. lol

I've been away since season two and have been trying to learn how to play Sombra since coming back. I feel like people are treating me like the new Widowmaker--I get shot at and pummeled all the time in the waiting room. ; . ;

So is solo q actually easier to climb than with a team?

I've found that if I play with my friend who's around the same SR as me we lose more often, but when we solo q we win more.

Top Bottom