• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I've somehow played more HOTS than Overwatch this season, and I only played HOTS for the Overwatch stuff. What the hell.

But I did find out my Diablo 2 main Amazon was pretty fun to use there. I'll stick to her for any future cross-promotions.

Two mercy mains on the team plus Hanzo.

b7KF0l3.jpg

We played with some kids and they were pretty cool at least.

Hope in OW is slightly restored.

PatzCU

2000 -> 1663 in one night going 0-8.

I've really tried to focus on improving my skill in OW instead of worrying about SR; however, when I get thrown into games that set me up for 8 losses in a row I can't help but wonder WTF is going on with the matchmaking. Overall, I've gone from 2400 down to 1663 with little to no chance of getting consistent wins to rise up again. I almost exclusively play tanks and heals which I know everyone says is impossible to gain SR with but it shouldn't be that way.

There needs to be some other element to matchmaking to allow for pairing with competent players. If someone has a 10% win rate with DPS, I don't want to play with them if they are playing DPS, regardless of their SR. OW needs to make players choose like 2 general roles before queueing competitive and make people stick to those roles. Perhaps if comp matchmaking was determined by skill with a particular role it would go better.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
2000 -> 1663 in one night going 0-8.

I've really tried to focus on improving my skill in OW instead of worrying about SR; however, when I get thrown into games that set me up for 8 losses in a row I can't help but wonder WTF is going on with the matchmaking. Overall, I've gone from 2400 down to 1663 with little to no chance of getting consistent wins to rise up again. I almost exclusively play tanks and heals which I know everyone says is impossible to gain SR with but it shouldn't be that way.

There needs to be some other element to matchmaking to allow for pairing with competent players. If someone has a 10% win rate with DPS, I don't want to play with them if they are playing DPS, regardless of their SR. OW needs to make players choose like 2 general roles before queueing competitive and make people stick to those roles. Perhaps if comp matchmaking was determined by skill with a particular role it would go better.

Who says its impossible to gain SR playing tanks? I'd say Zarya and Roadhog are two of the better solo carry classes.

MG310

9-4 tonight, up to 2807. One win from passing my career high!

Also browsed through the leaderboards on Master Overwatch for the first time and apparently I've played the 23rd most Zenyatta and 100th most Symmetra on PSN this season.

Mark me down as one of those players who never go on winning runs too. Although, I never go on losing runs either. It's forever WLWLWL. It doesn't matter how I perform.

Example. Last night I had two games. The first one I went as D.Va. I got 74 eliminations. I was playing really good that game. In fact, my whole team was. We went 2-0 up on Lijang Tower with ease. Then the Lucio in our team loses connection and doesn't return until it's 95% to the red team in the fourth round. By this time, the rest of my team has decided to switch characters and our whole plan has gone to shit. We lose the game 3-2.

Next game. Dorado. I went Lucio. I was wank. Just pure shite, as were my team. We had Lucio as the only healer and D.Va as the only tank. We were pushed back immediately but somehow just about held them off from making it to the very end. On Attack we had everyone running around doing their own thing. I was the only one on the Payload and yet, somehow, we managed to get it further.

It's like the game knew I lost the previous match and decided this time I had to win.

Mark me down as won of those players who never go on winning runs too. Although, I never go on losing runs either. It's forever WLWLWL. It doesn't matter how I perform.

Example. Last night I had two games. The first one I went as D.Va. I got 74 eliminations. I was playing really good that game. In fact, my whole team was. We went 2-0 up on Lijang Tower with ease. Then the Lucio in our team loses connection and doesn't return until it's 95% to the red team in the fourth round. By this time, the rest of my team has decided to switch characters and our whole plan has gone to shit. We lose the game 3-2.

Next game. Dorado. I went Lucio. I was wank. Just pure shite, as were my team. We had Lucio as the only healer and D.Va as the only tank. We were pushed back immediately but somehow just about held them off from making it to the very end. On Attack we had everyone running around doing their own thing. I was the only one on the Payload and yet, somehow, we managed to get it further.

It's like the game knew I lost the previous match and decided this time I had to win.

Are you me?

Filben

Genjis and Tracers are always a pain in the ass, but it's the Sombras who have been wrecking me lately. They have a clip in me from an off angle before I can even react. It's becoming a problem.
I noticed that, too. Did they change her shoot cooldown after coming from cloak? It seems she can shoot/react faster. Nevertheless, sometimes she comes from an angle and I'm half dead before I even release something is getting at me. The other half of the second I'm looking for her, I usually end up dead. Players are probably just getting better with her.

Geneijin

I noticed that, too. Did they change her shoot cooldown after coming from cloak? It seems she can shoot/react faster. Nevertheless, sometimes she comes from an angle and I'm half dead before I even release something is getting at me. The other half of the second I'm looking for her, I usually end up dead. Players are probably just getting better with her.
Animation cancel glitch

I started the night with 2210 hit a high of 2300 ended the night with 2208 lol

last game of the night our team had Honzo Sombra combo on oasis we lost first two rounds not even get any % on the point the Honzo and sombra switched characters and we brought it back to round five only to lose in overtime it was fun none the less such a close match

Also anyone else in the same boat in switching to competitive only even for fun quick play matches usually we get squashed or we do the squashing it's getting kind of boring for me

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I keep attempting to throw matches in the last minute or so to save myself frustration but then end up winning somehow with Bastion or whatever useless character pick I do.

Sad and not so sad.

I don't think I'm going to hit Top 500 this season and it pisses me off that its pretty much out of my hands.

Whose hands is it in

Shredderi

Also I think I'm gonna start mandatorily disconnecting from control point matches where our team picks a Hanzo (in the beginning when there is no penalty).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Throwing and ruining the game for everyone is, and always will be, stupid and immature.

By throwing I don't mean suiciding non-stop, I'm using it the same way the entire Overwatch community uses it, aka picking a non-meta character.

Would rather goof around as Symmetra and possibly get a win than try hard with a character I enjoy and still lose because everyone else on the team is too stubborn to switch off their DPS class or whatever - which is a worse infraction imo.

By throwing I don't mean suiciding non-stop, I'm using it the same way the entire Overwatch community uses it, aka picking a non-meta character.

Would rather goof around as Symmetra and possibly get a win than try hard with a character I enjoy and still lose because everyone else on the team is too stubborn to switch off their DPS class or whatever - which is a worse infraction imo.
It's not. But you do you.

Cappa

Banned
They really need to bring back an avoid feature so many games we work around clearly bad composition picks or clear Troll picks. Do a good job, actually have a chance to win, but said person absolutely refuses to switch to help the team.

Sometimes it's not even just one person have had a handful of games these past few days of people who join in groups just to Troll.

I can play carry heroes but if I play a carry hero and we end up with 4 dps no healer etc its kind of hard to do anything. I'll usually be proactive and switch to fill a role but 9 time out of 10 those games become losses.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
They really need to bring back an avoid feature so many games we work around clearly bad composition picks or clear Troll picks. Do a good job, actually have a chance to win, but said person absolutely refuses to switch to help the team.

Sometimes it's not even just one person have had a handful of games these past few days of people who join in groups just to Troll.

I can play carry heroes but if I play a carry hero and we end up with 4 dps no healer etc its kind of hard to do anything. I'll usually be proactive and switch to fill a role but 9 time out of 10 those games become losses.

People being more willing to change characters accordingly would make low to mid SR matches 500% more enjoyable.

I managed to fall 600 or so SR this season by playing drunk with my drunk friends, but yesterday we became sober tryhards and climbed back 200. Hooray.

NeoRaider

Why do i get worst possible Widows in my team??
I know that i am not the best with her and i don't pick her. Why are noobs that keep dying and dying and never kill anyone constantly picking her? And won't even change?

Why do i get worst possible Widows in my team??
I know that i am not the best with her and i don't pick her. Why are noobs that keep dying and dying and never kill anyone constantly picking her? And won't even change?

Widow mains man. They don't switch. Like Hanzo mains.

Dont you dare to ask them to switch or they will throw the game. Literally playing with toddlers sometimes.

MacAttack

I just bought this Funko POP! vinyl figure for my daughter:
I've never bought any Pops before and now I want all of them!

On my short list: D-Va, Tracer, Rein, Lucio, S76 and Widowmaker.
thats not very short, help!

Good luck, have fun tracking down all of the variations.

Why would you give your daughter a Mei figure do you want her to grow up to be a monster?
It's a cute figure.

Top Bottom