• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff said that they used Goth ZArya skin to represent Orisa when they were testing her because they wanted something that lookedl ike no one else

Jeff straight up admitting how trash and unused Zarya's skins are

Zok310

Banned
Why not it's pretty easy to find games still especially with anniversary around the corner I have friends who haven't been on since late summer coming back

the water is great jump in breh

yup, just picked it up, figured it cant hurt. not much else to ply right now anyway

I'm surprised there's a huge Roadhog right-click hate thread on the Overwatch forums:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754846171

In the interest of representing my main, I made this post:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754846171?page=14#post-279

I pride myself on being a fair-minded individual who can see topics from multiple angles, so I suggested an idea for a potential right-click rework to see how people respond to it:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754846171?page=15#post-282

I'm curious what players here have to say about my comments.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Make his alt fire cost 2 ammo instead of 1 or something.

I don't mind Roadhog I guess, but I can see the hate. People used to whine all the time about fighting against Mei not being 'fun' because you get frozen and lose control then die, and Roadhog half the time is similar just from a longer range.

Frenden

Banned
I'm preeeeetty new to PC Overwatch (I played at launch on PS4 and then put the game down until last week), but Soldier shouldn't be getting the gold healing metal multiple matches in a row, right?

.eJwFwcENhCAQAMBe-AO74ILYhgUYggS8qBhYX5fr_Wa-4u2nWERlfsai9X6M1PquBrceS1altXLm-BxDpXbpyBxTvfLNQ6ObPE2OZgqGiABmbZE8Og8moLEzBBP0mnrO91obb-glkDS4AUhAaY0EAPV5ivj9Aai1KFM.W3qMvK3NS1xTfryzc7MFJWfr0yg

My kingdom for a healer, cripes.

Looking for PC pals, too -- Frenden#1698

You should stream so I can witness this struggle.

I don't know how but I might look into doing that for the future. There were no throwers today when I played but the past couple of days I've matched up with players who made the actual in-game experience a living hell. For example I had a guy on my team a couple days ago that decided to play both Torb and Junkrat on King of the Hill and when he was vocally questioned by half the team (including me), he cited his huge damage numbers. YOU WERE SHOOTING INTO SHIELDS DUMBASS. First time I have ever vocally raged and argued with a teammate in this game.

I'm surprised there's a huge Roadhog right-click hate thread on the Overwatch forums:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754846171

In the interest of representing my main, I made this post:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754846171?page=14#post-279

I pride myself on being a fair-minded individual who can see topics from multiple angles, so I suggested an idea for a potential right-click rework to see how people respond to it:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754846171?page=15#post-282

I'm curious what players here have to say about my comments.

Although Roadhog is my best character, I can say that having a hero in this game that can one shot people in both easy and completely random ways is not great game design. It's the same complaint I had with Bastion when the game came out. He wasn't overpowered, but if you just happen to walk into his line of sight without knowing he was even on the enemy team you die in less than a second. There's very little you can do to play around it. Same principles apply to Roadhog.

Although Roadhog is my best character, I can say that having a hero in this game that can one shot people in both easy and completely random ways is not great game design. It's the same complaint I had with Bastion when the game came out. He wasn't overpowered, but if you just happen to walk into his line of sight without knowing he was even on the enemy team you die in less than a second. There's very little you can do to play around it. Same principles apply to Roadhog.
this is true of so many characters though. turn a corner, get a helix rocket/pharah missile/hanzo arrow to the face that wasn't even aimed at you and the shooter had zero idea you were there

this is true of so many characters though. turn a corner, get a helix rocket/pharah missile/hanzo arrow to the face that wasn't even aimed at you and the shooter had zero idea you were there

I think Pharah and Soldier are pretty fair for what they are but Hanzo's scatter also qualifies for my argument.

Road hog's hp is the only thing I hate about him. No soldier or zen means he is not dying anytime soon

A chain healed Roadhog is frustrating as hell but at least with that 600 hp you can build a lot of ult charge off of him.

Veelk

Banned
When your at the last point of the payload and the soldier that carried the team there as the only DPS (because our pharah couldn't hit the broad side of a barn) goes Junkrat and gets consistently no kills
KuGsj.gif

I laugh because otherwise I'd cry

darklin0

Banned
I'm preeeeetty new to PC Overwatch (I played at launch on PS4 and then put the game down until last week), but Soldier shouldn't be getting the gold healing metal multiple matches in a row, right?

My kingdom for a healer, cripes.

Looking for PC pals, too -- Frenden#1698

Join the discord channel, you could have luck finding more of us there. We also have weekly matches on Sunday with each other. Tons of fun.

DeaDPo0L84

Any people here play pretty consistently on ps4? Just recently jumped back in and would much rather play with gaf peeps than randoms. My psn is my Deadpool_jlp, im on now.

DeaDPo0L84

All your games were in QP? Dear god, you poor man....

Haha yea I know I know. I just hate doing ranked style matches in ANY mp game so unless I know I have a crew I can communicate with I try to avoid it. Gonna go try one now though...please keep me in your thoughts.

DeaDPo0L84

Oh god it just paired me and a few other no ranked players against a team that has what looks like gold rankings...this will be fun.

rulerk1

i had this wonderful clip of me hooking a tracer into her own bomb, teabagging her, and wrecking her over and over in the match with bm. Had a nice flick shot/melee combo in there too:( but now it's lost forever because i was trying to trim the video but it didn't say which parts would be saved or deleted :(

Apathy

Blizzard needs to do something about scatter arrow. I am so sick of that ability. Enough with the random nature of that piece of shit, it just needs to go away and have Hanzo get an an ability that isn't RNG bullshit. The whole game is skill based except that one thing

TheYanger

Blizzard needs to do something about scatter arrow. I am so sick of that ability. Enough with the random nature of that piece of shit, it just needs to go away and have Hanzo get an an ability that isn't RNG bullshit. The whole game is skill based except that one thing

I mean...scatter arrow is still skill based. Yeah, you can run into one because you didn't realize a hanzo was watching a door or whatever, but you can do tnhat with literally any attack in the game. shit you can get RNG junkratted without seeing each other too. A good hanzo isn't just wasting scatter arrows shooting doorways that they don't have any idea if anyone is behind.

How is it random lmao? You need to aim it directly at the feet of any enemy to get a kill, otherwise you're just wasting it. That's easier said than done.

Got more into comp this weekend and a little annoyed at people leaving 30 seconds in or something to kill the game. What's the penalty for doing this?

Veelk

Banned
Got more into comp this weekend and a little annoyed at people leaving 30 seconds in or something to kill the game. What's the penalty for doing this?

They lose a ton of SR, but this is usually a good thing, since you probably didn't want to play that game anyway.

The only time it's worked against me is when we had a REALLY strong opening an made it progress on the first point within the first 30 second, an enemy tilts and leaves, game is cancelled and we get nothing.

I was particularly mad about that one that night I mainly had leavers on my team, so when my team has leavers, they do it later in the match when it's too late to back out, but when the opposing team has them, I get nothing.

tracer ult - tiny range, 400 damage, has a detonation time so easily avoided

scatter arrow - long range, 450 damage, instant, comes back every 10 seconds

so so balanced <3

They lose a ton of SR, but this is usually a good thing, since you probably didn't want to play that game anyway.

The only time it's worked against me is when we had a REALLY strong opening an made it progress on the first point within the first 30 second, an enemy tilts and leaves, game is cancelled and we get nothing.

I was particularly mad about that one that night I mainly had leavers on my team, so when my team has leavers, they do it later in the match when it's too late to back out, but when the opposing team has them, I get nothing.

Each time it happened I was on the pushing side :lol

TheYanger

An ability that you can theoretically shoot off every...what, dozen seconds or so? versus an ult that you have to charge up? GEE I WONDER WHICH GETS MORE KILLS ON AVERAGE.

As above ^ that'd be like comparing people literally just shooting someone to death vs how many earthshatter kills a rein gets. It's not even going to be close, LET ALONE with pulse bomb, an ult that has a hard time killing more than 1 person if you dont' Zarya it.

So in other words, Helix Rocket is almost twice as broken as Scatter arrow?

This is a horrendously bad comparison. You get a ton of scatter arrows per game you get a couple pulse bombs. In fact this proves the ratio for pulse bomb kills per use is much more high than scatter kills per use.
it would be nice if we could see scatter arrow damage vs bomb damage rather than just kills.
An ability that you can theoretically shoot off every...what, dozen seconds or so? versus an ult that you have to charge up? GEE I WONDER WHICH GETS MORE KILLS ON AVERAGE.

As above ^ that'd be like comparing people literally just shooting someone to death vs how many earthshatter kills a rein gets. It's not even going to be close, LET ALONE with pulse bomb, an ult that has a hard time killing more than 1 person if you dont' Zarya it.

So in other words, Helix Rocket is almost twice as broken as Scatter arrow?
it does literally 1/4th of the damage

Top Bottom