• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

i have this friend who heard about the use of kb/m on consoles (which, like, is an issue but it's not THAT widespread) and now he thinks that pretty much everyone who can aim is using mk/b

RjbSQLP.gif

i just say "yeah" whenever he's on about it. killed by a zen "oh they were using mk/b". killed by a winston "mouse and keyboard". bhghvkl

Every time I play (console) I end up just raging against mouse users. I'm not a great aim at the best of times so I can't possibly compete against cheaters. It ends up being such a frustrating experience, now matter how much I love the game I'm not willing to invest in a cheat device just to stay competitive.

🤔

AbaFadi

Banned
Every time I play (console) I end up just raging against mouse users. I'm not a great aim at the best of times so I can't possibly compete against cheaters. It ends up being such a frustrating experience, now matter how much I love the game I'm not willing to invest in a cheat device just to stay competitive.

How do you know they're using a mouse?

AbaFadi

Banned
It's verrrrry obvious. The difference between the way the reticule moves when they're using a controller vs a mouse is stark.

Idk, people throw that accusation around all the time and most of the times it's not even true. There's also the aim smoothing option now so it's really hard to tell if someone is actually using a mouse.

edgefusion

Was it a Widow? Cuz I've seen way too many Widow smurfs use it. It's so blatant.

I've seen plenty of Widow's use it, that seems like the go-to character for people who just picked up their adaptor. Lots of Soldier's using them too, and Hanzo's.

I've seen plenty of Widow's use it, that seems like the go-to character for people who just picked up their adaptor. Lots of Soldier's using them too, and Hanzo's.
If you watch a kill cam looking for a kb/m user then you're going to see it.

I don't think it's near as rampant as you are making it out to be.

Owzers

Which gold weapon should I get? I have Rein now, thinking between Winston, Orisa. Mercy, or zen.

Pinku is getting zen so I might rule him out since he'll be using him mostly when we play together.

Which gold weapon should I get? I have Rein now, thinking between Winston, Orisa. Mercy, or zen.

Pinku is getting zen so I might rule him out since he'll be using him mostly when we play together.
My vote would be Winston but if you like Mercy as much as you claim how is it even a contest?

LiK

Get it for whoever you've had the most success with. I'm getting it for my Soldier next. Was thinking Zarya too but Soldier was the one I did the best with in Comp in Season 4. Zarya might be the next once I'm able to bring her into Comp with GAF stack.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People still going in one by one to feed.

People still standing in the chokepoint with no shield to get hooked repeatedly.

Lootboxes are still garbage.

It's good to be back in overwatch.

LiK

Why even use mouse on console. There is so much auto aim anyway. Hanzo's arrows have a hitbox the size of a sofa.

I think it's pointless for projectile heroes in general but I do agree that heroes with hitscan and mouse are def an issue if you happen to encounter those players. They can totally destroy teams.

Placements done on my main (5-4-1), 3373 around 200 below where I finished last season which seems to be on par with other people cases. Good games for the most part with masters and gm, the last one on nepal the team had to carry really hard since our mercy was fucking terrible compared to the one that was on the other team. Two of the losses were a shame since we basically had the game but whatever.

Lucio is a god.

JHall

i have this friend who heard about the use of kb/m on consoles (which, like, is an issue but it's not THAT widespread) and now he thinks that pretty much everyone who can aim is using mk/b

RjbSQLP.gif

i just say "yeah" whenever he's on about it. killed by a zen "oh they were using mk/b". killed by a winston "mouse and keyboard". bhghvkl

This type of mentality reminds me of Counter-Strike. Every time someone gets outplayed they are automatically yelling "hacking" or "walling". Not that the other person might be better than them.

Owzers

Placements done on my main (5-4-1), 3373 around 200 below where I finished last season which seems to be on par with other people cases. Good games for the most part with masters and gm, the last one on nepal the team had to carry really hard since our mercy was fucking terrible compared to the one that was on the other team. Two of the losses were a shame since we basically had the game but whatever.

Lucio is a god.
Pretty sure the new PS4 Gaf meta will be Mercy/zen, the days of Lucio are at an end, jazz cannot undo gold.

Someone did a side by side of the dance emotes with real dancing. Neat.

HAHAHAHA ZARYA

https://youtu.be/mPeE7-D8Jow
Oh my god I had no idea about Zarya's. Cool that the person dancing for Sombra looked like her. Soldier's is by far the lamest, especially since there doesn't even seem to be a reference there, maybe the joke is that he just can't dance. Wonder what Ana's is referring to.

LiK

Oh my god I had no idea about Zarya's. Cool that the person dancing for Sombra looked like her. Soldier's is by far the lamest, especially since there doesn't even seem to be a reference there, maybe the joke is that he just can't dance. Wonder what Ana's is referring to.

I think the Soldier dance is from Arrested Development altho I'm too lazy to check. Maybe someone else can confirm that later.

And yea, I look forward to a video with ALL the dances.

Trickster

If you watch a kill cam looking for a kb/m user then you're going to see it.

I don't think it's near as rampant as you are making it out to be.

Eh, it's honestly fairly easy to tell by camera movement if someone is using a keyboard and mouse, or controller.

Not talking about Overwatch here, but in general.

It takes me like 4 minutes to get a competitive match and they put my (currently unranked) diamond arse in a match in a match with masters and a few grandmasters....

I won and did so quite handily because Winston is a boss on the KotH maps, huh, maybe I'll actually finish these placements one day, just 5 more to go!

Lucio is a god.
Let's get that account to master.

Anyone online?

Mr Git

Back in the country so finally getting my Overwatch time back in - missed the last event :c. Persona 5 is eating it a bit though - was finally gonna start doing comp but realised this season finishes in a few days so will probably just wait for the next one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to give Orisa another way to charge ult with the damage nerf. Its ridiculous how slow it is now compared ot Rein or Hog or Winston

They need to give Orisa another way to charge ult with the damage nerf. Its ridiculous how slow it is now compared ot Rein or Hog or Winston
Let's not forget that unlike every other Ult in the tank section Orisa's is useless by itself. You can (not advising it, but it's possible) to turn around a game with a well timed Self Destruct/Earth shatter/Whole Hog/Primal Rage/Graviton Surge with minimal team involvement. Not so much with the Drum.

exYle

RjbSQLP.gif

Lmao

Top Bottom