• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

pizzacat

Banned
When you notice the same thrower from a week ago on your team you know it's not gonna be good.
Also lose a game -30sr. Stomp the next game +15 sr. Every other game since then has been in the 20s. Wasn't even a big difference in SR (40).
Isn't comp swell :]

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I'm amazed that the ability to import your own footage came to ShareFactory before an Overwatch theme did.

Thankfully we can make our own themes now.

exYle

Y'all gone make me ditch my fucking expanding backlog to come play OW if you keep getting all buddy-buddy on the forums

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
when you can't afford video editing software but have a ps4. thank you sony for the feature in sharefactory lol.

I could export and edit, for sure. I dunno, it was fun to figure out how to use it. Two video tracks with audio and a music track, not including titling, some limited time stretch. My biggest bummer has been hitting the clip limit.

Can't make a custom open without a PC so this adds little for people who mostly have a phone and a PS4. Might tempt people who are exporting to just do the quick edit on the PS4 tho.

Happy game family.com?

Naw happygamefamily.com

Fugu

Maybe Pharah should have 150 health.
Pharah is already very, very fragile. I don't know that she needs any changes, really. She's hardly dominant in evenly-matched games.

I always expect her rockets to function more like Quake rockets, however, and I kind of wish they did: Less direct damage, more splash damage, more predictable (and higher) bounces.

AbaFadi

Banned
since I never been to bronze and always heard about how disoriented bronze is, my speculation is to use heros that have more impact to the flow of the match if you do want to raise in ranks. Which means, getting good with good dps heros like like, soldier, pharah, roadhog. If i have to choose, I would suggest you to play pharah and try learn all the advice given from valkia's youtube video on pharah basics etc. I assume at bronze, not alot of people can shut down a decent pharah.
Make sure to learn how to maneuver with pharah in the air well. Pharah that just stay idle in the air is no different than a standing target in the ground.

I was playing mostly Tracer on my smurf account that I made. It's honestly really easy to carry as Tracer diamond rank and below as long as you can stay alive and pick off the healers every fight. I already got my smurf to 3950 in just a few days of playing Tracer and Soldier 76 mainly. I think Tracer and Roadhog are the best heroes to carry at lower ranks.

On a side note, it's crazy how people spend $100+ to have someone boost their account into masters. I thought it was just a running joke, I didn't know people actually did it. I don't see the point of boosting an account to a certain rank when that person will just fall out since they couldn't even get there on their own.

Jellie

I was playing mostly Tracer on my smurf account that I made. It's honestly really easy to carry as Tracer diamond rank and below as long as you can stay alive and pick off the healers every fight. I already got my smurf to 3950 in just a few days of playing Tracer and Soldier 76 mainly. I think Tracer and Roadhog are the best heroes to carry at lower ranks.

On a side note, it's crazy how people spend $100+ to have someone boost their account into masters. I thought it was just a running joke, I didn't know people actually did it. I don't see the point of boosting an account to a certain rank when that person will just fall out since they couldn't even get there on their own.

Been playing Tracer in QP a bit but bit inconsistant. Pretty hard since QP is usually a cesspit of torb, hanzo and widow so random shit always hits me/one shots me.

They probably think they belong in Master and are just stuck because of bad teammates and will be able to stay there. They don't.

LiK

I don't get that at all. Wasting money so people think they're a god at the game when they're actually shit? I mean, it's just a game. Pretty crazy people spend any money to boost. I guess they really are delusional and want people to think they're good.

People farm XP in custom games too. I just.....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Zarya is up there for carrying too. She covers poor positioning along with having such a high impact ult. Not pick heavy like those two though.

The biggest change I've gone through since season 1 was to stop idling on the screen and try to fill roles, being aggressive and just picking someone is hugely beneficial. I was basically always stuck on Lucio otherwise and that is a good way to hate life.

PatjuhR

I had such good games yesterday.

I always play with randoms, and you sometimes get little groups of people that you get matched with that communicate via party chat. But yesterday there was this other lonely random guy who really excelled in communication.

He was so clear in what he was saying that it give me an exact picture of how the battlefield looked like at all moments. It was an easy 3-0 win and I dedicated it all to him.

Wonder why he was in the 2600's.

I had such good games yesterday.

I always play with randoms, and you sometimes get little groups of people that you get matched with that communicate via party chat. But yesterday there was this other lonely random guy who really excelled in communication.

He was so clear in what he was saying that it give me an exact picture of how the battlefield looked like at all moments. It was an easy 3-0 win and I dedicated it all to him.

Wonder why he was in the 2600's.

Probably doesn't play much or is at the mercy of solo queue loss streaks.

Unrelated: I've been bumping up my sensitivity and its really hard to get adjusted to on soldier. I was a surgeon with helix rockets before I bumped it and I've dropped about 10% +/- accuracy per game.

hypernima

Banned
I was picking off supports and my team still could not keep it together to take out the others.
Absolutely shameful stuff.

Too many people who don't know how to play Rein, even when Mercy pocketed!!!

Fugu

I think it's likely that the majority of players who get boosted to Masters will just fall right out but I also think it's fallacious to say that the skills needed to stay in Masters are the same as the skills needed to get to Masters.

hypernima

Banned
3 game lose streak. Lost a good 74 pts for no really good reason. Played really good though.

Lost 40 points on this recent loss. Why so much?

God, I was so bad at Overwatch last night. Luckily it was only QP, but that was honestly the worst three-game stretch I've ever seen. Partly caused by everyone trying out Orisa and the buffed heroes, but wow. At the end of the third game I hit Exit to Desktop right from the Defeat screen.

LiK

Orisa is good for me. I like her kit. Might be the only other tank I main after Dva. So if people need an Orisa, I'm there for them.

Buffed Junk is amazing. I can play with my crazy style even more now.

Need to try buffed Zen later today. Should be a good time.

Quickplay has just been barriers all day lately for me lol. I like having Orisa on my team but I'm not sure about how she adds to the game as a whole and I don't like playing her much.

How every single QP game has gone for me:

Quick play game starts... someone insta-locks Orisa... 2-3 people instantly leave my team because they can't have their way.

Ugh...

LiK

Quick play game starts... someone insta-locks Orisa... 2-3 people instantly leave my team because they can't have their way.

Ugh...

This is basically Ana and Sombra for the first few weeks of release. Don't worry, the novelty will go away soon.

hypernima

Banned

Ugh...
No Limits

Also Eevee got to Masters quicker than I could even get out of plat. Feels Bad. :(

Paltheos

The CP, bro. Say you're gold-rank player (and aren't climbing out). At end of season, you're getting 400 CP. But, if you hit masters, regardless of whether or not you drop out, now you get 2000. That's a difference of 160 won Overwatch games and, assuming a ~50% rate - probably what you have at medium ranks - 320 competitive games. If you really care about virtual hats and have a ton of money to blow, that looks like a pretty solid shortcut to get what you want.

komaruR

"Owzers is gone, we can finally have fun" - all six of you.
image.php

the reason i dont recommend tracer was that she require a bit more skilled to play and shes more susceptible to random crossfire due to: being on ground, lower health and usually need to be in somewhat close quarter to be effective in dmg dealing. in otherword the potential passive Survivability. It just my general observation that people dont look up the sky and take care of pharah more than just shooting whats in ground in front of their screen.

Top Bottom