• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

N7.Angel

Played for the first time Genji on PS4 and what the fuck Blizzard ? holy shit the controls on console are terrible, like trash tier, I don't know how all of you on console are doing to kill something...

I don't really like COD but I think on console, their aiming system is pretty RAD, Blizzard really need to do something about controls on console, for your own sanity.

DevilDog

Played for the first time Genji on PS4 and what the fuck Blizzard ? holy shit the controls on console are terrible, like trash tier, I don't know how all of you on console are doing to kill something...

I don't really like COD but I think on console, their aiming system is pretty RAD, Blizzard really need to do something about controls on console, for your own sanity.

The COD team helped with the console aiming :"D

No problems playing Genji.

R2 normal fire
R1 fan of blades
L2 jump
L1 swift strike
L3 deflect

But I think their default button configuration is terrible. Besides 2 or 3 characters I had to change everything.

Sombra is seriously one of the most underrated heroes in the game. I was absolutely destroying with her tonight on Defense, Attack and Control. Teams have zero idea how to deal with her because no one knows how to play her lmao. I wasn't even told to switch off, which felt amazing. I bought her Golden Gun to sway people into believing that I'm good with her and I guess it worked. :p

Sombra is seriously one of the most underrated heroes in the game. I was absolutely destroying with her tonight on Defense, Attack and Control. Teams have zero idea how to deal with her because no one knows how to play her lmao. I wasn't even told to switch off, which felt amazing. I bought her Golden Gun to sway people into believing that I'm good with her and I guess it worked. :p

I've had a similar experience in solo q since I've started season 4. I've been able to play Sombra on all game type and for the most part been successful. it gets a little more dicey when playing against a more organized group tho. Hope to get her gold gun one day.

KillGore

So I know OW is huge in South Korea but what about Japan? Is there a pro league there? If so, where can I watch? Any "famous" names?

ohkay

Genji is one of the hardest characters to play. He wasn't exactly easy when I switched from PS4 to PC, even though he was my most played QP character

ISOM

So I know OW is huge in South Korea but what about Japan? Is there a pro league there? If so, where can I watch? Any "famous" names?

I follow a couple of Japanese OW players on Twitch. StyleNoob and Spygea. I don't know if they are famous but they are M/GM level players that are interesting to watch even with the language barriers. As for a proleague I think they have one as I was watching team face off against each other on Twitch, so they must have something going on even if it's small. It's definitely not on the level of the Koreans or Americans but it's there.

ISOM

Anyway, this morning I was playing ranked and lost about 100 points as usual but was too tired to play anything else other than Zarya. You gotta love her. She is the one who will almost always bring my rank back up. She'll never betray me. :')

Not looking forward to Orisa in Comp on Tuesday. She's replacing D.Va as the weakest tank.

Wait wait wait... The consensus is that Orisa is the weakest tank? I've been buried under the avalanche of awesome games since January and haven't really been playing Overwatch all that much, but the little bit of Orisa I've played made me almost afraid that Blizzard would nerf her. :|

Jellie

Wait wait wait... The consensus is that Orisa is the weakest tank? I've been buried under the avalanche of awesome games since January and haven't really been playing Overwatch all that much, but the little bit of Orisa I've played made me almost afraid that Blizzard would nerf her. :|
She needs to be babysat by Ana or mercy if you want her to survive.

antitrop

They nerfed her ult charge on PTR, because it has the benefit of charging the rest of the team's ults faster, but she is made of paper.

LiK

Already nerfed when she went live. She was stronger in PTR. Like she had 200 rounds before and it literally felt like she had infinite ammo. Her Ult also charged faster originally. But yea, she dies too easy. Her hitbox is gigantic and once her barrier is gone, not even Fortify can save her from focus fire. Pharah def is a good counter as well as Sombra/Tracer who can just go in circles around her.

Orisa needs a good team behind her more than Rein. She constantly needs healers to babysit her. I find her fun to play but keeping her alive can be tough on some maps. She doesn't have a quick escape like Rein charge or Dva boost. She's slow as shit.

Every time I play Orisa I get a Widow that kicks my ass.

Halp.

Hanzo too. Orisa is a walking headshot for snipers.

Azoor

Same. Orisa is perfect target for Widow.
And funniest thing about it is that you alone as Orisa can't do shit to kill Widow that is kicking your ass.

Just like how a Widow cannot do much against Winston.

It's interesting to see how she made Widow and Hanzo more viable.

No problems playing Genji.

R2 normal fire
R1 fan of blades
L2 jump
L1 swift strike
L3 deflect

But I think their default button configuration is terrible. Besides 2 or 3 characters I had to change everything.

What did you put as melee? The face button that was for jump on default?

I wanted to try genji but the controls were so bad for his toolkit, but yours looks pretty good.

komaruR

Already nerfed when she went live. She was stronger in PTR. Like she had 200 rounds before and it literally felt like she had infinite ammo. Her Ult also charged faster originally. But yea, she dies too easy. Her hitbox is gigantic and once her barrier is gone, not even Fortify can save her from focus fire. Pharah def is a good counter as well as Sombra/Tracer who can just go in circles around her.

Orisa needs a good team behind her more than Rein. She constantly needs healers to babysit her. I find her fun to play but keeping her alive can be tough on some maps. She doesn't have a quick escape like Rein charge or Dva boost. She's slow as shit.

Last night it was so easy for my mccree to kill orisa in 3 shots. 2 hs and its nearly dead lol.

orisa needs the ironclad passive ability more than bastion lol

Skii

Orisa's health is kind of dumb so I expect blizzard to do something also dumb and give her wayyy too much HP and then nerf her to the ground

Jeff: "We felt Orisa was a bit weak so we doubled her HP and made it all armor. That will hopefully bring her in line with the likes of Reinhardt and Winston".

DevilDog

WTF IS THAT ARYA?

image.php

Jeff: "We felt Orisa was a bit weak so we doubled her HP and made it all armor. That will hopefully bring her in line with the likes of Reinhardt and Winston".

However, due to her high pickrate on low levels, and nonexistant pickrate on high, we decided we should do nothing, as high levels represent 2% of the community.

LiK

Curious how well Orisa does in Comp. Her usage already dropped on PS4 in QP. Had a lot of games where she wasn't even picked.

I think it's hilarious they built Orisa up to be an "anchor tank" and then released her in her dead in 2 seconds ult feeder form. Part of me thinks they purposely release characters to be underwhelming at first for some reason.

What did you put as melee? The face button that was for jump on default?

I wanted to try genji but the controls were so bad for his toolkit, but yours looks pretty good.

Didn't change that, it's R3 by default. Don't think I have anything on X for genji.

Honestly I don't see other possibility for a control scheme with Genji, unless you have paddles. I know that some people use L3 to jump but for me it's way too awkward.

LiK

Latest Sty OverAnalyzed is fun to watch. Mainly cuz of that player's teammate tilting like an idiot. It's fine to be frustrated but don't be rude.

Didn't change that, it's R3 by default. Don't think I have anything on X for genji.

Honestly I don't see other possibility for a control scheme with Genji, unless you have paddles. I know that some people use L3 to jump but for me it's way too awkward.
Oops I misread. I thought you had deflect on R3 so I was wondering where melee went.

Okay this makes sense

maomaoIYP

If I manage to land a hook onto Orisa she's dead in 2 extremely easy headshots. If she fortifies then it's 3 shots. Not exactly sure how she's meant to be an anchor tank if she's in such a bad state.

Top Bottom