• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

3-2-1 in placement matches now - only four more to go. Teams this morning were awful, glad we managed to get a draw on Eichenwalde and not lose completely. One guy on my team was griping that I picked Ana as a solo healer and said she was the worst support to pick when you're going solo heals.

This was, of course, after I picked Ana when the rest of the team had picked DPS/tanks. You're lucky I picked support at all. Starting to really hate playing healer in solo queue.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yea, first games did not bold well. First game was a throw away. Started with Genji and Widow, they switched to McCree and Tracer. Basically, we had nothing to break through their wall.

Following game wasn't bad, but by the second game, our Soldier started to piss me off by never being in the group and always running away when he needed healing. Typically letting us die.

Finished my new build yesterday with a i7-7700k, GTX 1080, and 27" 144hz monitor. Messed around in Overwatch for a second and this is going to take some getting used to. It's so smooth.... it's blowing my mind right now.

I was playing on a 60hz 23" monitor, GTX 770 and Haswell CPU previously.

antitrop

Yea, first games did not bold well. First game was a throw away. Started with Genji and Widow, they switched to McCree and Tracer. Basically, we had nothing to break through their wall.

Following game wasn't bad, but by the second game, our Soldier started to piss me off by never being in the group and always running away when he needed healing. Typically letting us die.
Most Soldiers greatly undervalue how useful their healing station can be to the rest of their team.

As a Mercy, I'd straight-up rather pocket a Soldier than a Pharah, because the healing station is so fucking good.

Healing teammates with it also gives him Ult charge, it's such an important part of his kit.

BigDug13

Most Soldiers greatly undervalue how useful their healing station can be to the rest of their team.

As a Mercy, I'd straight-up rather pocket a Soldier than a Pharah, because the healing station is so fucking good.

Healing teammates with it also gives him Ult charge, it's such an important part of his kit.

It's basically 5 seconds of Amp it up healing. It's super useful for the team. You can play secondary support with Soldier in a lot of games.

LiK

I use my healing stations for tanks and anyone who needs healing nearby. The cooldown is fast enough that a Soldier player should use it often to help out teammates.

DevilDog

Played QP no problems.

The minute i press competitive, I get disconnected 4 times, because fuck me and fuck my random ass internet.

I'm tilted beyond comprehension.

Why the hell you get kicked for inactivity in Practice? I wanna change controls and try them in game, not reload practice everytime, but get booted while changing controls.

DevilDog

Why the hell you get kicked for inactivity in Practice? I wanna change controls and try them in game, not reload practice everytime, but get booted while changing controls.

Too many people left their game open and strained the servers. Thats my guess and I'm probably right.

They need to increase the timer thats for sure.

LiK

Yea, it's annoying. I just made a thread in OW forums about it. Hopefully it gets a reply.

We shouldn't be kicked when we're changing settings around.

NeoRaider

Finished my new build yesterday with a i7-7700k, GTX 1080, and 27" 144hz monitor. Messed around in Overwatch for a second and this is going to take some getting used to. It's so smooth.... it's blowing my mind right now.

I was playing on a 60hz 23" monitor, GTX 770 and Haswell CPU previously.

That sounds so good. Lol

Jellie

Played QP no problems.

The minute i press competitive, I get disconnected 4 times, because fuck me and fuck my random ass internet.

I'm tilted beyond comprehension.

Plat yet? You'll probably end up getting a massive win streak cos you're so much better than your SR.

MartyStu

I think it's hilarious they built Orisa up to be an "anchor tank" and then released her in her dead in 2 seconds ult feeder form. Part of me thinks they purposely release characters to be underwhelming at first for some reason.

Yeah, so that they do not immediately dominate the meta. And they are now afraid to buff them too much after for the same reason.

Duress

I'm tired of people saying they can only play one hero in bronze.

There's not that many heroes that require great aim.

There's no excuse for someone not to be adequate at least.

Slowly picking up how to play Orisa.

That Halt skill can do wonders, see an enemy retreating to a corner, shoot the corner and pull them out right when they think they're safe.

And Mei trying to freeze me....lol

Gorillaz

I honestly don't like her setup that much. Yea she can join in comp at this point it's whatever but I don't see myself really enjoying playing as her since most of her stuff feels very been there done that.

It will be nice having a "2nd" shield but im expecting people to fuck up on placing it down

guys i just thought of a scary situation

Overwatch........during the summer........omg

I had some little kid trying to tell people how to play and just being negative the whole game. Meanwhile he was playing Genji and widowmaker, but our team comp wasn't up to his standards.

Another game where a different Genji told me to switch off Pharah for soldier, half a minute later, we get a team wipe because me and Zarya. I got Potg, and said "but we want to switch out pharah".

I fucking hate pushy/whiny little kids, not looking forward to summer vacay. I don't mind if they're nice and not being dicks the whole time, but I won't enable these little fuck faces who are pushy about shit.

LiK

I had some little kid trying to tell people how to play and just being negative the whole game. Meanwhile he was playing Genji and widowmaker, but our team comp wasn't up to his standards.

Another game where a different Genji told me to switch off Pharah for soldier, half a minute later, we get a team wipe because me and Zarya. I got Potg, and said "but we want to switch out pharah".

I fucking hate pushy/whiny little kids, not looking forward to summer vacay. I don't mind if they're nice and not being dicks the whole time, but I won't enable these little fuck faces who are pushy about shit.

Is this solo Q? i don't join team chat for those reasons. Only been joining in team chat for some Comp matches cuz Pooh needed me.

It looks like people are catching on to Zen being buffed.
In the last couple of days, after the first few minutes of the match, I have been:

Focused by some combination of Genji/Tracer and Widow/Hanzo
Spawn-camped by a Widow- just me, she lets my teammates roll on by
Solo-ulted by the same Rein twice in one match (with requisite Hello! to my corpse both times)
Solo-ulted off the map by a 'Hog and a Winston
Solo-ulted multiple times by lone Genjis and Tracers when it appears they are about to lose our 1v1
And the funniest one, I have been Charged from long distance by Reins repeatedly. I feel like a matador. Side-step, discord, melt. Every time. YOLO Reins are the best/worst, depending on whose team they're on.

The great thing is my win % is higher now, because my team is usually doing work with so much focus on me. But it's really not a lot of fun. Leave my beautiful metal boy alone!

Gorillaz

legit forgot about the summer when everyone is out of school

like it wasn't that bad at launch but at that point we were all feeling it out, I can't imagine how it will be this summer a year later

Orisa is hella vulnerable to snipers, I have learned.

Kind of troublesome, given that they're anywhere between 33% to 50% of the enemy team comp at any given time.

This is so depressing. I see myself improving and correcting stuff, but the end result is the same. I don't feel like playing the game anymore; this is madness. The same shit happens since Overwatch was released. I don't understand how those idiots still make shitty picks and don't give a shit about fundamentals that having them should be the norm by now.

Also, fuck Widowmaker. Fuck whoever mains her. Fuck whoever came up with her design.

Ramirez

I had 4 games in a row the other night where my team couldn't push the payload to the first CP, couldn't even come close! This season has been so shit for me.

Even worse on PC. She definitely is most picked hero in QP with Genji and Hanzo/McCree/Soldier. But Widow is just... wow, too much.

And the worse thing is when the Widow player dies in the first seconds of the fight trying to fight the other Widow.

I just had a crappy Widow who stood IN FRONT of the team in route66 on the bridge, AND she picked (got picked actually) a fight with the other Widow and died instantly. Then we have an Orisa who put her shield on the platform instead of the team, AND she drops down in front of their damn time and doesn't get in position when I give her el bubble and Zen gives her el healing balls.

I did well with Zarya there; all that practice payed off. The end result was the same as always; I just watch my team die and we get run over. I just have this feeling of having nothing else to do in the game. It feels like a complete waste of time. I'd rather play some RPGs; its not like I have a lot of potential to be a decent player because of my high ping.

Yeah I climbed up a lot of SR. My stats are improving. My health isn't, and neither is the skill level of people. Then fucking Orisa--the most situational piece of shit in the universe--gets released. Watching Overwatch tournaments is fun though; I will probably do watch that from time to time.

I never even won a game today.

I've lost 4 strait comp matches and then 3 strait quick play.

What a waste of time.

Give me a hug.

We're facing a Pharah backed by Mercy pocket healing her.

Our Symmetra complains that no one is killing the Pharah.
Symmetra: "Uhh, I'm gold eliminations so I'm not switching."

Sigh. Even though a huge part of his gold eliminations is me following him around as D.va and popping shields up around him.

Yes, I often flew at the Pharah and tried to annoy her and do a little damage.

when your team couldn't even get through the first choke point on dorado. you think. what would pharah do. pulled her out and boom. the team got it. i don't think the other team were prepared for a pharah. we didn't even have a mercy just shitting on them lol.

Top Bottom