• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 1, 2014

SmokyDave

That's the trouble though, Nintendo's titles NEVER hit the bargain bin no matter how poor the sales are. They are like Apple products.
I dunno, man. They're certainly the least likely to hit bargain bins, but I have seen Sainsbury's periodically discount their Wii U stuff to £24.99 and I doubt they're alone.

Knack, on the other hand, will only go up in price. If this furious demand doesn't abate soon, scalpers will be selling copies on eBay for prices that make classic Neo Geo games blush.

Kysen

So how long will MS sit doing nothing as the gap widens? Note the Fifa X1 bundle is still in stock at Amazon and it offers more value yet Fifa 14 is at #10.

Bundy

Banned
Indeed. Meteoric sales-star Knack don't need to be associated with no 'soon for the bargain bin' flop platformer.
0316_vhk6z.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't know why, but Bravely Default is back in 3DS specific top 10, 9th, just behind Layton and the Miracle Mask, which is present in the Full Price All Formats Chart. So, maybe...it was almost in that chart?

noobie

Banned
So how long will MS sit doing nothing as the gap widens? Note the Fifa X1 bundle is still in stock at Amazon and it offers more value yet Fifa 14 is at #10.

As long as they are making profit.. They are not going to do anything.. If people think that they will reduce price just 2 months after the launch i think then i think that is just lack of business sense..

The software hardware sold through Jan - Sep is less than the total sales in Nov & Dec only. So the difference will also be very negligible.

SmokyDave

Uncharted: Golden Abyss has re-entered the Vita charts at #4. That's odd, especially since it's on PS+. Must've been a tremendous influx of 4 or 5 new owners. Good stuff.

Bravely Default has re-entered the 3DS top 10 at number 8. Good news for MPL!

Any WiiU games in the value chart at all this week?
Knack-clone M3D World is at #35.

noobie

Banned
Uncharted: Golden Abyss has re-entered the Vita charts at #4. That's odd, especially since it's on PS+. Must've been a tremendous influx of 4 or 5 new owners. Good stuff.

Bravely Default has re-entered the 3DS top 10 at number 8. Good news for MPL!

We should be getting some Announcement from Sony soon on the success of VITA along with PS4..

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I have actually played a bit of Knack this holiday and my gut feeling that it's the spaghetti bolognaise of video games was firmly reassured. What an absolute snore fest.

But whatever makes people happy! People need something to play on their brand new PS4s I guess. :p

Bundy

Banned
I have actually played a bit of Knack this holiday and my gut feeling that it's the spaghetti bolognaise of video games was firmly reassured. What an absolute snore fest.

But whatever makes people happy! People need something to play on their brand new PS4s I guess. :p
I actually like it.
Your argument is invalid! >:-(

Into

Shows that hot hardware that resonates with people can sell middling software, while showing that unattractive hardware that is not wanted, cannot sell hot software.

Flayer

Pretty much although I think Knack is pretty far down that list even then. The only annual release I'm into is Assassin's Creed and AC4/KZ4 were enough to get me through launch. All the F2P games and free PS+ games have made the launch much more bearable too considering the lack of a real killer app.

SmokyDave

We should be getting some Announcement from Sony soon on the success of VITA along with PS4..
They'll be scrabbling around trying to find a few boxes to send out and replenish stock, I'd imagine. They've been using 'em to keep the boardroom table level.

Assassin's Creed 4 is filling the gap nicely for me :)

AkIRA_22

There appears to be less 3rd party support/success for the Wii U than the Wii, despite it being able to play direct ports of any PS360 game. I mean its fucked, proper fucked. Nintendo should just be a rad Handheld company, I mean that 3DS is just sensational for them. It won't be long before investors are screening for blood. Have a look at all those Sony and MS games, that's money in the bank. Knack sold more than SM3DL in the UK.... AGAIN! Criminal. There is just a point where even if you build it, they don't come.

javac

I dunno, man. They're certainly the least likely to hit bargain bins, but I have seen Sainsbury's periodically discount their Wii U stuff to £24.99 and I doubt they're alone.

Knack, on the other hand, will only go up in price. If this furious demand doesn't abate soon, scalpers will be selling copies on eBay for prices that make classic Neo Geo games blush.

£25 isn't exactly bargain bin! I get most of my Wii U games at the price day one because I'm a savvy shopper init! The true bargain bin price is under £15 for new releases.

There appears to be less 3rd party support/success for the Wii U than the Wii, despite it being able to play direct ports of any PS360 game. I mean its fucked, proper fucked. Nintendo should just be a rad Handheld company, I mean that 3DS is just sensational for them. It won't be long before investors are screening for blood. Have a look at all those Sony and MS games, that's money in the bank. Knacknsold more than SM3DL in the UK.... AGAIN!

It's not fair to compare Knack to 3D World, it's bundled. It should be compared to NSMBU or Nintendo Land.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
There appears to be less 3rd party support/success for the Wii U than the Wii, despite it being able to play direct ports of any PS360 game. I mean its fucked, proper fucked. Nintendo should just be a rad Handheld company, I mean that 3DS is just sensational for them. It won't be long before investors are screening for blood. Have a look at all those Sony and MS games, that's money in the bank. Knack sold more than SM3DL in the UK.... AGAIN! Criminal. There is just a point where even if you build it, they don't come.

So we're just going to pretend western third party support on 3DS isn't just as bad? Cool.

AkIRA_22

It's not fair to compare Knack to 3D World, it's bundled. It should be compared to NSMBU or Nintendo Land.

With every PS4? Damn I paid $AU50 for that game!

So we're just going to pretend western third party support on 3DS isn't just as bad? Cool.

Fair enough, though western handheld support has always been lacking. At least the 3DS is selling like hotcakes, statistics would say that 3rd party games are getting bought. Unlike the WiiU, where its becoming a perfect storm of failure, low demand because few games... Few games because low demand.

Shows that hot hardware that resonates with people can sell middling software, while showing that unattractive hardware that is not wanted, cannot sell hot software.

Well of course - people don't want to have half a dozen of consoles under TV - that's one reason. Second is pure money - when you need to buy console to play 1 or 2 good games you are suddenly looking at 150-200 euro per game.

Doesn't really change that much when you look into charts ;)

Striek

Consolidate their revenue streams into only supporting a market in irreversible decline? Sounds super smart.

3DS is going to have its biggest expectations miss yet this year for Nintendo, IDK about "sensational".

AkIRA_22

No silly. Apparently it will be in Japan though.

God damn genius Sony... Get some homeland national pride. So will they actually count hardware sales as knack software too, very sneaky. At least Wii Play could kind of be the whole "free controller thing" no way you can say a 400 dollar copy of Knack comes with a free PS4.
Consolidate their revenue streams into only supporting a market in irreversible decline? Sounds super smart.

3DS is going to have its biggest expectations miss yet this year for Nintendo, IDK about "sensational".

I'd also go to mobile, just retarded is the kind of money they would collect from pokemon on phones.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
With every PS4? Damn I paid $AU50 for that game!

Fair enough, though western handheld support has always been lacking. At least the 3DS is selling like hotcakes, statistics would say that 3rd party games are getting bought. Unlike the WiiU, where its becoming a perfect storm of failure, low demand because few games... Few games because low demand.

If third party games were getting bought then they would appear in the charts. I can't even remember the last time a third party 3DS game appeared in the charts. But yeah it is a general handheld problem. I wasn't saying it was specifically 3DS, but it is still an issue and I think it's wrong to single out crappy Wii U third party support yet ignore the 3DS situation. In fact it may be especially worry for 3DS since the hardware sells well. Imagine how weak third party support and sales would be if the system was selling poorly.

(...)

I'd also go to mobile, just retarded is the kind of money they would collect from pokemon on phones.
Yeah it's great that they sell 5$ Pokemon copies.

Not as good as 40$ Pokemon games which also sell additional 100$ - 150$ hardware which generates income
+ other 30$ Nintendo games you buy if you already have the hardware or whatever money you spend online, 3rd Parties, etc.

Microsoft should probably sell Windows to Apple or Google, it's just retarted how much money they would make in that month.

Top Bottom