• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 34, 2007 (BIOSHOCKED - 2nd fastest selling 360 title ever)

felipeko

For a much better looking:

UK, Individual Platforms, Units:

01/-- [XB360] Bioshock (Take 2)
02/02 [DS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
03/04 [DS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
04/-- [PC] Bioshock (Take 2)
05/01 [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
06/03 [DS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
07/-- [XB360] Blue Dragon (Microsoft)
08/05 [PS2] Transformers: The Game (Activision)
09/06 [DS] Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo)
10/10 [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
11/09 [DS] Cooking Mama (505 games)
12/07 [DS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
13/-- [PS3] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Warfighter 2 (Ubisoft)
14/15 [PS3] Resistance: Fall Of Man (Sony computer ent.)
15/11 [DS] Purr Pals (Thq)
16/39 [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)
17/23 [PS3] Motorstorm (Sony computer ent.)
18/08 [WII] Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Nintendo)
19/13 [PS2] Surf's Up (Ubisoft)
20/-- [XB360] Moto Gp 07 (Thq)
21/12 [DS] Big Brain Academy (Nintendo)
22/17 [WII] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 07 (Electronic arts)
23/20 [WII] Mario Strikers Charged Football (Nintendo)
24/14 [PS2] Singstar '90s (Sony computer ent.)
25/16 [PSP] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Take 2)
26/25 [PC] Football Manager 2007 (Sega)
27/19 [DS] Zoo Tycoon Ds (Thq)
28/22 [DS] Sonic Rush (Sega)
29/24 [WII] Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix (Electronic arts)
30/18 [XB360] Transformers: The Game (Activision)
31/26 [WII] Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End (Disney interactive studios)
32/29 [PS2] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Take 2)
33/21 [XB360] Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft)
34/33 [DS] 42 All-time Classics (Nintendo)
35/28 [DS] Mario Kart Ds (Nintendo)
36/32 [DS] Surf's Up (Ubisoft)
37/38 [DS] Pawly Pets: My Vet Practice (Ubisoft)
38/-- [DS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo)
39/37 [DS] Bratz: Forever Diamondz (Thq)
40/35 [WII] Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Nintendo)

DS 16
WII 9
XB360 5
PS2 4
PS3 3
PC 2
PSP 1

D.Lo

Sharp said:
You think so? Personally I think it's crazy that all 30 DS titles would have charted all by themselves without any help from the other platforms but your way is cool too!
Hang on, so every one of the top 30 DS games from the single format chart appeared in the all format chart? That is crazy.

EDIT: then what's the difference with this 'individual platforms' chart?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ceb said:
Bundle effect, no?

It's really clever to throw in Resistance though. It's not gonna be a big factor in this year's holiday sales, but they're building up a nice fanbase for the sequel. SCEA should do the same thing instead of that lame 80GB Motorstorm pack.
I don't think Sony wants to bundle Resistance because it's rated M. It would limit the audience, especially at Christmas time when parents are buying gifts for their kids.

Sharp

D.Lo said:
Hang on, so every one of the top 30 DS games from the single format chart appeared in the all format chart? That is crazy.
Well, I thought so, until I remembered that we were talking about the Full Price chart, which doesn't include some DS games but also doesn't include some games from other platforms that might have trumped those DS games. I suspect if someone counted it would still be an insane number though.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Luckyman said:
Just saying.. :lol

DS Budget titles would chart on full price? OMG
DS budget titles sold more copies than Pony Friends which is the # 30 DS game and charted in the Full Price chart, so what's the poblem?
With these type of comparison we can say for example that all 30 DS games sold more units than #6 PS3 game.

starship said:
I'm curious why the original Brain Training outsells its sequel every week.

In the U.K. both are being advertised together, with the original being marketed as the beginner pack while BT2 is being aimed at those who already have the original. It's no wonder it's back in the charts.

Good news on Blue Dragon though, it seemed like it was going to slip by the wayside. I don't own a 360, but it's great when 360 games that aren't shooters do well. A JRPG debuting in the top ten is pretty good evidence that MS's plans to expand it's userbase are succeeding, in the Sonyland that is the UK as well!

Raist

Banned
Ceb said:
Bundle effect, no?

It's really clever to throw in Resistance though. It's not gonna be a big factor in this year's holiday sales, but they're building up a nice fanbase for the sequel. SCEA should do the same thing instead of that lame 80GB Motorstorm pack.

If they only sell official starter packs now, I don't think that would count in the charts.

PS3 game made a come back in the UK charts after the price drop announcement (beginning of July IIRC), because stores started to make their own starter packs (2 games and 2 controlles for 425£ or even a bit less than that). Don't know if they still have those kind of deals.

Sharp

freethought said:
In the U.K. both are being advertised together, with the original being marketed as the beginner pack while BT2 is being aimed at those who already have the original. It's no wonder it's back in the charts.

Good news on Blue Dragon though, it seemed like it was going to slip by the wayside. I don't own a 360, but it's great when 360 games that aren't shooters do well. A JRPG debuting in the top ten is pretty good evidence that MS's plans to expand it's userbase are succeeding, in the Sonyland that is the UK as well!
Back in the charts? I thought it had been in the charts for like a year. And yeah, Blue Dragon is charting pretty well.

Bioshock is of course the real hero.

Link said:
I don't think Sony wants to bundle Resistance because it's rated M. It would limit the audience, especially at Christmas time when parents are buying gifts for their kids.
Parents don't care about the ratings on games - They simply want a way to get their spoilt brat of a kid away from them. :D

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Bioshock and Blue Dragon join 360 Elite

28/Aug/2007

It’s no shock that Take 2 claim this week’s All Formats No1 as the critically acclaimed ‘Bioshock’ becomes the 2nd fastest selling Xbox 360 game (behind Gears of War). Released on both Xbox 360 and PC, ‘Bioshock’ in particular gives Microsoft’s next-gen console a noticeable boost with 88% of sales on Xbox 360 and 12% on PC, and accounts for 58% of all Xbox 360 Full Price units sales this week.

Activision’s ‘Transformers: The Game’ stalls, down one place to No2, while Nintendo’s Brain Training titles for DS continue to perform well with the original holding on to No3 and the sequel up one place to No4. Nintendo’s ‘Wii Play’ and ‘Pokemon Diamond’ aren’t so fortunate, dropping from No2 to No5 and No4 to No6 respectively, but Nintendo still have 4 games in the Top 6 (the same as last week). The film tie-ins from EA and Ubisoft continue to cling to the Top 10 with ‘Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix’ down one place to No7 and ‘Surf’s Up’ riding the No8 wave for another week. ‘Bioshock’ is not the only Top 10 new release this week as Microsoft’s ‘Blue Dragon’ also manages to help fire-up sales of the newly launched Xbox 360 Elite console, debuting at No9. Ubisoft sneak into the Top 10 with ‘Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2’ re-entering at No10 thanks to the release of the PS3 (No1 PS3 Chart) and PSP versions. The only other new entry this week is ‘Moto GP 07’ from THQ at No33.

Don't get your hopes up about the Blue Dragon sales, a lot of retailers are bundling it with the 360(to go with the Elite launch/price drop of other SKU's) and i've already seen a few pre-owned copies in Game.

On the other hand Bioshock is flying out and is probably gonna be sold out soon enough.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
For the 360 version of Bioshock to sell 88% of all copies, and the PC version still entering at #4, it must have done absolutely crazy numbers.

Nolan.

Also Forza2 droped like a rock. Anyway i'm really interested to see Blue Dragons debut state side I don't expect much but if it's at least better than Tenchu Z that would be hopeful. And whats with this ''second only to gears'' thing about. Whatgame apart from Halo 3 will push that game out. I thought bioshock would do it.

Bowen_B

Banned
starship said:
So #1 game sold 733% more than #4 game in the individual platforms chart!
Wow, nice sleuthing! (corrected for you)

This means Bioshock sold at least 7 times as many copies as Blue Dragon...

Nolan. said:
Also Forza2 droped like a rock. Anyway i'm really interested to see Blue Dragons debut state side I don't expect much but if it's at least better than Tenchu Z that would be hopeful. And whats with this ''second only to gears'' thing about. Whatgame apart from Halo 3 will push that game out. I thought bioshock would do it.

You thought BioShock would outperform Gears? No way. In August? No way.

Sharp

Gears of War did insane numbers when it came out, as did Halo 3 Beta and several other games, so if Bioshock is even close WOW.

Nolan.

BenjaminBirdie said:
You thought BioShock would outperform Gears? No way. In August? No way.

More of a hope than expectation I guess.

Edit: By the way does anyone know what the last game to be second to gears in europe was. I keep thinking Saints row/Crackdown for some reason.

Sharp said:
Gears of War did insane numbers when it came out, as did Halo 3 Beta and several other games, so if Bioshock is even close WOW.

That is really stunning. MS had their thinking caps on when they locked this one down. I finished it last night. It deserves to move those systems.

pswii60 said:
If Bioshock can do that, then what the hell is Halo 3 gonna do?!

Destroy the hopes and dreams of millions.

Link

The Autumn Wind
pswii60 said:
If Bioshock can do that, then what the hell is Halo 3 gonna do?!
mushroom_cloud.jpg

Kildace

It’s no shock that Take 2 claim this week’s All Formats No1 as the critically acclaimed ‘Bioshock’ becomes the 2nd fastest selling Xbox 360 game (behind Gears of War). Released on both Xbox 360 and PC, ‘Bioshock’ in particular gives Microsoft’s next-gen console a noticeable boost with 88% of sales on Xbox 360 and 12% on PC, and accounts for 58% of all Xbox 360 Full Price units sales this week.

Hmm. Bioshock 360 is 1st, Bioshock PC is 4th and sold almost 7 times less?! That means that Bioshock sold at least 7 times more than any other games on the charts aside from both brain trainings?

Sharp

Kildace said:
Hmm. Bioshock 360 is 1st, Bioshock PC is 4th and sold almost 7 times less?! That means that Bioshock sold at least 7 times more than any other games on the charts aside from both brain trainings?
Except for Brain Age 1 and 2.

Edit: You're too quick for me.

ziran

After this bank holiday Wii shelves have been wrecked from what I've seen today. No Trauma Center, no Resident Evil 4, no Mario Party 8, not much of anything big really, it's amazing.

Nintendo really underestimated the popularity of Wii in the UK, hw (which is now in reasonable supply) and sw. They need to start increasing their initial shipments of games. SPM's in a couple of weeks and should do well, and TW08 could sell well.

Impressive Bioshock showing.

devilscallmedad said:
Go go go Bioshock ( blue dragon bomba ? )

and uh oh @ RE4
BD is a bomba now? It entered the friggin' Top10 in the all price chart. No one in their right mind would've expected this to chart in the Top3.

And uh oh@RE4?

picard.gif

Bowen_B

Banned
Oh shit, I just remembered UK charts only count 1 day right?

The rest of the bank holiday hasn't been included...
Next week's charts are gonna show mammoth Bioshock activity again!

pswii60

Bowen_B said:
Oh shit, I just remembered UK charts only count 1 day right?

The rest of the bank holiday hasn't been included...
Next week's charts are gonna show mammoth Bioshock activity again!

2 days - Friday and Saturday

Opus Angelorum said:
I'm disappointed GAF where is the bioshockistehawesome.gif?

Most Americans don't even know where the UK is. They think it's next to Iraq or something. Unfortunately, we are actually next to France.

Tieno

Joe211 said:
Why do put "PAL" in the thread title it's only the UK sales?
UK= Europe. Get with the system.

other pal charts will be posted too, just have some patience

Haunted

Bioshock and BD doing well :)

Wii ___ and DS titles with amazing legs. :)

Strikers and RE4 on the decline :(
They had their time in the spotlight already, so it's expected, though.

Top Bottom