• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 49, 2012

Should make a new thread for that CrunchinJelly

What can you say about the vita that hasn't already be said.

New threads for new DOOOOM

Goes to show how big the gap is between the BIG successes and the not so big successes... COD outselling all those huge franchises is insane

Germany BIU Sales Awards:

http://www.biu-online.de/de/presse/...es-awards-starkes-vorweihnachtsgeschaeft.html

[ALL] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 500k

[PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 200k
[PS3] Assassin's Creed III - 200k
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 200k

[PC] Farming Simulator 2013 - 100k
[PC] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 100k
[360] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 100k
[360] Halo 4 - 100k
[360] Assassin's Creed III - 100k
[NDS] Pokémon Black Version 2 - 100k
[WII] Zumba Fitness 2 - 100k

Mainland Europe: where Assassin's Creed on PS3 sells twice as much as Halo (which sells the same as farming simulators and Zumba).

I see a PSP game at 91, a PS2 game at 65, one wiiu game at 22 plenty of DS, 3DS, PS3, 360, Wii, PC/Mac games, but no PSV games. Yikes.

It is a poor showing for sure, and the install base is still super small. However, no gaming device handheld or console has been so digitally driven than the Vita. Every game available for the device is available digitally and that has to eat into the retail sales enough to the point where titles aren't charting even on the top 100.

EDIT: By no means am I also trying to say that if you combined digital and retail sales of Vita titles they would be in the top 20 either. I would love to know the split in sales though.

noobie

Banned
Germany BIU Sales Awards:

http://www.biu-online.de/de/presse/...es-awards-starkes-vorweihnachtsgeschaeft.html

[ALL] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 500k

[PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 200k
[PS3] Assassin's Creed III - 200k
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 200k

[PC] Farming Simulator 2013 - 100k
[PC] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 100k
[360] Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - 100k
[360] Halo 4 - 100k
[360] Assassin's Creed III - 100k
[NDS] Pokémon Black Version 2 - 100k
[WII] Zumba Fitness 2 - 100k
How long it took Halo 3 to reach 100k in Germany.?

Just want to know if the series is going up or down..

Donos

I imagine the 360 is all but dead in Germany at this point. I'd be amazed if the numbers ended up even comparable.

Xbox had always a difficult standing in germany. PS3 online is free and Credit Cards (for Live Gold) were not so common around younger people.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh yes, PSX really starter slow, and then became a legendary console: amazing :D

But Wii U doesn't seem to pick up in UK

‘Call of Duty: Black Ops II’ remains at No1 for a 5th consecutive week (+14%), equalling ‘Lego Batman 2’ in terms of number of weeks at the top of this chart in 2012. Square-Enix’s ‘Hitman Absolution’ climbs 4 places to No2 (+91%) thanks to price promotion and EA’s ‘FIFA 13’ remains at No3 for a 6th consecutive week (+8%). Ubisoft’s ‘Just Dance 4’ remains at No4, helped by a price-promoted Wii version (+10%) whilst Ubisoft’s ‘Far Cry 3’ drops 3 places to No5 (-25%). The trio of Ubisoft big-hitters are back-to-back this week, with ‘Assassin’s Creed III’ down 1 place to No6 (-6%). The rest of the Top 10 remains the same, with Microsoft’s ‘Halo 4’ at No7 (+2%), EA’s ‘Need for Speed: Most Wanted’ at No8 (+24%), Warner’s ‘Lego The Lord of the Rings’ at No9 (+21%) and THQ’s ‘WWE ‘13’ at No10 (+12%).

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II - ACTIVISION
HITMAN ABSOLUTION - SQUARE ENIX
FIFA 13 - EA SPORTS
JUST DANCE 4 - UBISOFT
FAR CRY 3 - UBISOFT
ASSASSIN'S CREED III - UBISOFT
HALO 4 - MICROSOFT
NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED - EA
LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS - WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
WWE '13 - THQ
SKYLANDERS GIANTS - SKYLANDERS
THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM - BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013 - SEGA
SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED - SEGA
MOSHI MONSTERS: MOSHLINGS THEME PARK - MIND CANDY
MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER - EA GAMES
LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES - WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
FORZA HORIZON - MICROSOFT
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 - NINTENDO
DISHONORED - BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 - MICROSOFT
JUST DANCE DISNEY PARTY - UBISOFT
BOOK OF SPELLS - SONY COMPUTER ENT.
F1 2012 - CODEMASTERS
MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES - SEGA
DISNEY EPIC MICKEY 2: THE POWER OF TWO - DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
MARIO KART 7 - NINTENDO
F1 RACE STARS - CODEMASTERS
RESIDENT EVIL 6 - CAPCOM
BORDERLANDS 2 - 2K GAMES
PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE MIRACLE MASK - NINTENDO
ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY - ACTIVISION
DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION - DEEP SILVER
CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS DECLASSIFIED - ACTIVISION
SUPER MARIO 3D LAND - NINTENDO
LITTLEBIGPLANET KARTING - SONY COMPUTER ENT.
FAMILY GUY: BACK TO THE MULTIVERSE - ACTIVISION
007 LEGENDS - ACTIVISION
NINTENDO LAND - NINTENDO
SONIC GENERATIONS – SEGA

Numbers are obviously increasing week after week now, but still, Wii U situation in UK doesn't seem good at all.

Striek

Surprised CoD went up so much. Thats atypical.

And Wii U is... not surprising at this point? Its situation obviously wont change (it'll just slowly slide lower) until Nintendo does something.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!

And Wii U is... not surprising at this point? Its situation obviously wont change (it'll just slowly slide lower) until Nintendo does something.
I think CoD starts going up this time of year every year.

madmackem

Do something? what would they do this early?. It was never going to do wii numbers and consoles on the whole are having a hard time of it in the uk. Even the super cheap 360 and ps3.

DrWong

France Week 49:

1 - COD : Blacks Ops 2 PS3 - Activision Blizzard
2 - COD : Blacks Ops 2 XBox 360 - Activision Blizzard
3 - Far Cry 3 PS3 - Ubisoft
4 - New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS - Nintendo
5 - FIFA 13 PS3 - Electronic Arts

By the way, are these datas below for launch weeks ?

Still no Euro Wii U numbers announced ....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45029544&postcount=1071

PSP - 185K
PS3 - 165K
WII - 105K
3DS - 89-113K depending on source
NDS - 87K
360 - 70K
GCN - 69K
GBA - 67K
XBX - 52K
PS2 - 46K
PSV - 45-61K depending on source

Taking that back another generation;

SDC - 63k
N64 - ~20k (Shipped, sold out. 28,611 first 2 weeks/8 days)
PS1 - 6.8k (Sony claim 20k, shipped? 19,335 first 2 weeks/9 days)
SAT - 5k

Edit: from last week a missed Gamekult (FR website) article about the Wii U launch with some French sales. They don't say from where comes their datas ("our own source") > less than 45K systems sold first week-end (Week 48). 65K at the end of the following week (Week 49, I hope for Nintendo it's 45K + 65K, asked on Twitter, waiting for the answer). Article also point to some stock issues. For the same period the article say the 360 did 35K and the PS3 80K.

Striek

I think CoD starts going up this time of year every year.
It does but not normally so much. Usually like 2-3% ala Halo.

Do something? what would they do this early?. It was never going to do wii numbers and consoles on the whole are having a hard time of it in the uk. Even the super cheap 360 and ps3.

I didn't say they will or even necessarily should do something this early, just that the situation wont improve until they do. And whilst the UK market might not be brilliant atm it certainly isn't in such dire straits that the Wii U it explains or excuses the Wii Us performance there.

The launch in the UK has been below all expectations. Not by a little, by a country mile and then some.

DrWong

CTRL+F Nintendo Land...

I repost the edit of my previous post >
Edit: from last week a missed Gamekult (FR website) article about the Wii U launch with some French sales. They don't say from where comes their datas ("our own source") > less than 45K systems sold first week-end (Week 48). 65K at the end of the following week (Week 49, I hope for Nintendo it's 45K + 65K, asked on Twitter, waiting for the answer). Article also point to some stock issues. For the same period the article say the 360 did 35K and the PS3 80K.

Bruno MB

Things look really grim for Nintendo.

Just their Mario trio on 3DS along with Professor Layton, and on the console front Nintendo Land.

Mato

This might have caught Nintendo of guard, more than people realize. Nintendo bet on Nintendo Land for a mass market Wii Sports-like appeal but that didn't work out and Mario for the first time in ages is proving to be very lackluster in sales. Now there's this gap in releases they didn't see coming. They'll be rushing to finish games and put them out, except the market moves much faster than it did back in the N64 days and they don't have the time. And even then no one can be sure they'll be able to provide an experience as groundbreaking as Mario 64 or Zelda OOT were back in the day to save an entire system from obscurity.

m.i.s.

Banned
on the console front Nintendo Land.

Only reason that's there is because of bundles. Looks like SCE and MS are finally reaping the harvest of their "investment" in HD gaming.

This might have caught Nintendo of guard

I'm thinking the company can't be this clueless? You could see from a mile away that they would be caught in a pincer movement; between smartphone and tablet casual gaming on the one side to the firmly established HD twins -- with their low prices and mature library of cheap games -- on the other.

Sandfox

This might have caught Nintendo of guard, more than people realize. Nintendo bet on Nintendo Land for a mass market Wii Sports-like appeal but that didn't work out and Mario for the first time in ages is proving to be very lackluster in sales. Now there's this gap in releases they didn't see coming. They'll be rushing to finish games and put them out, except the market moves much faster than it did back in the N64 days and they don't have the time. And even then no one can be sure they'll be able to provide an experience as groundbreaking as Mario 64 or Zelda OOT were back in the day to save an entire system from obscurity.

I think that depends more on how its doing in the other regions.

Nintendo Land only dropped 4 spots on the revenue chart (19-23) so it probably didn't really drop in sales as much as a bunch other games had their prices slashed and moved ahead as a result.

madmackem

Then it not appearing in the Top40 doesn't give confidence.

Its a limited bundle that is more expensive than the normal bundle seeing it comes with the pro controller. I wouldnt read anything into it, i dont think people get that for games on wii u to chart more or less every single person who bought a console would have to buy said game for it to chart.

Mpl90

I'm fascinated by Nintendo having these difficulties in UK compared to other territories, especially other European countries. I've seen people here saying it's due to UK prices, others said it's because seemingly smartphones / tablets took over much Stronger than other territories...what could the reasons be, in the end?

SmokyDave

I'm fascinated by Nintendo having these difficulties in UK compared to other territories, especially other European countries. I've seen people here saying it's due to UK prices, others said it's because seemingly smartphones / tablets took over much Stronger than other territories...what could the reasons be, in the end?

We're not daft enough to buy duff hardware with anaemic release schedules.

Ps360 are still very popular and in high demand.

Nintendo needs to do something about the WiiU.

Give me dem 20 ambassador titles and announce something that at least resembles a goddamn lineup in an emergency Direct.

Hopefully this isn't a case like Vita, in which Sony simply didn't give a shit and let the thing decay.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Nintendo was never that strong or popular in UK - last gen with DS and Wii was something very special. Now its pretty much back to normal.

It also doesnt help that Nintendo is charging more and more for their systems with every new release.

For the WiiU's problems, 3DS games do like to knock around that top 40 chart.
It is strange, I've not seen one ad since before launch.

I know a number of companies are more interested in the POST Christmas market, bit like Japan's New Year money influx leading to sales, people getting money/gift cards at Christmas is making more sense to some.

But still, not like the WiiU will be big in those sales (or will it).
Its odd.

Something appears to be going on anyway.
I did say though that slipping chart positions would be bad and this looks BAD. Least for the time being.

m.i.s.

Banned

It's a combination of reasons from the moribund economy, higher prices [arising in part from Yen currency issues], pressure from smartphones and tablets and also from long games from previous platforms. ie Gamers' backlog.

Is Wii U doing that much better in Euro mainland?

Madouu

France numbers seem ok for this price-point like I expected, not Wii-level, but anyway.

Google Translate says that it sold 45.000 in the first weekend and 65.000 in the following week (that's LTD of 110.000 units).

The wording isn't precise, it could be 65k total. I think DrWong asked them on twitter though, we shall know soon enough.

If it is 110k total then it's pretty good but I'm not sure that is the case.

Sandfox

Some of you guys are quick to panic. Nintendo just needs to provide some good support in 2013 and make nice announcements in order to get people interested. A price drop/good bundle at the end of next year would be pretty good as well. Its obviously not a guarantee to fix things but they can't bend over just to make people buy it now rather than down the road when months down the road.

We're not daft enough to buy duff hardware with anaemic release schedules.

I kinda doubt a majority of people are that informed.

Mpl90

France numbers seem ok for this price-point like I expected, not Wii-level, but anyway.

Google Translate says that it sold 45.000 in the first weekend and 65.000 in the following week (that's LTD of 110.000 units).

That sounds pretty fishy. Probably it means 65k in it's first two weeks.
How did Wii debut in France?

The wording isn't precise, it could be 65k total. I think DrWong asked them on twitter though, we shall know soon enough.

If it is 110k total then it's pretty good but I'm not sure that is the case.
It sounds more like that from my rusty French... are there native French speakers to translate?
Nothing at all for Vita with (what I assume is) a larger install base. Dead and buried.
COD Vita. Still pretty dead.

m.i.s.

Banned
I kinda doubt a majority of people are that informed.

Perhaps I'm giving individuals too much credit but you'd be amazed how austerity, a contracting economy and depressed wages concentrates peoples minds. ie Absolutely no chance of taking a punt on unproven platforms.

France Week 49:

By the way, are these datas below for launch weeks ?

It's 45k first week and 65k by the end of the second week, not 65k in the second week.

Madouu

It sounds more like that from my rusty French... are there native French speakers to translate?

I speak french fluently and like I said the wording isn't clear. "45k consoles sold the first week end, and just about 65k at the end of the following week" is what it says.

65k total seems to be the more logical number, but there's always a chance for it to be 110k with how the sentence is written.

COD Vita. Still pretty dead.

Them COD on Vita TV adverts get lots of airplay in the UK. Sony really did think this would be a game changer.

Wonder how much they have spent marketing this game.

Top Bottom