• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey announces that he has a new company

Bold One

Have fun chasing shadows. I never said I didn't care about that, I just support products because they are good. Saying you wont buy a rift now because it was his brainchild doesn't help VR move forward, it doesn't help the developers who are working on it now. It's just bitterness.

If VR has to burn for this white nationalist to go away, then he should not be supported.

Seriously, people, when a racist takes a platform of something you like, don't look the other way because its your hobby, if anything it should make you extra angry that something you are passionate about is being co-opted by racist cunts.

Though, I guess it's fair to assume people who are OK with this aren't likely going to be suffering under the current Fuhrer in the Whitehouse.

Titania

Can we make a robot version of him that has his knowledge on VR and his money but none of his personality or crummy "opinions"?

R0ckman

Why announce this? Is this some kind of taunt? Like a "You thought you could get rid of me that easily?!"

He was better off staying quiet and working in the shadows and darkness.

Why announce this? Is this some kind of taunt? Like a "You thought you could get rid of me that easily?!"

What I don’t understand is why topics are made of him when 99% of the posts(including mine) will tell him to fuck off.
It’s giving him attention at the end of the day.

Compsiox

Banned
I know everyone here hates him and wants him to crawl in a hole somewhere but if you read the article, this is some serious shit:

I really hope he(and anyone else) don't actually go through with this.

Consequences can be good. Just so you know. But from this context...

BlastCore

Banned
Maybe he's funding a way for him and the rest of his racists friends to jack into a VR world and permanently leave this one, one would hope

Real Hero

I imagine he is working on a special vr headset that is designed to only fit over the craniums of the naturally superior white man

And what is the point you and the others in this thread are trying to make? Yes, Palmer Luckey is alive right now. Does this mean, according to you, that no one is allowed to like VR until after he is dead? Is VR now some kind of white nationalist neo-Nazi technology because Luckey happens to be a key figure in driving it's mass adoption?

I want to know when I'll be allowed to like VR, according to GAF. I'm older than Luckey is. I might die before he does. Am I not allowed to like VR, even to my dying breath, as long as Luckey is alive?
You're just building strawman on top of more stupid strawman. No one is telling you that you can't like VR. They're saying why they won't buy or support his shit. Stop acting like you're a victim here because people rightfully want no part of Luckey's garbage. VR can exist without him and doesn't need him to be put on a pedestal.

livelifelove13

Neo Member
Great guy--love what he's done and doing with VR. Keep on trudging through the bog of hate, Palmer. The world is better off with your success!

Great guy--love what he's done and doing with VR. Keep on trudging through the bog of hate, Palmer. The world is better off with your success!

VR is indeed great. That he pours the millions he makes from it into funding white nationalist propaganda and generally being a racist fuck... is not so great.

Don't support this guy blindly like that. If you give him your money, think about where your money is going to go and what it's ultimately funding. For humanity's sake I hope you aren't okay with that and just haven't thought this all through yet. There are other VR options your money can go to.

VR is indeed great. That he pours the millions he makes from it into funding white nationalist propaganda and generally being a racist fuck... is not so great.

Don't support this guy blindly like that. If you give him your money, think about where your money is going to go and what it's ultimately funding. For humanity's sake I hope you aren't okay with that and just haven't thought this all through yet. There are other VR options your money can go to.
You are talking to a 9 post burner account. Don't bother.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Do you really have to ask if it's a taunt?

The guy is a fucking white supremacist 4chan troll that thrives off of 'rustling jimmies' or whatever the popular phrasing is these days.

He also has an insane amount of resources.

I know everyone here hates him and wants him to crawl in a hole somewhere but if you read the article, this is some serious shit:

I really hope he(and anyone else) don't actually go through with this.
There’s so much irony to him talking about “real life consequences”.

Feep

Banned
The only reason I even have an Oculus on my desk is because he left.

As a developer, I will actively refuse to support any platform he's involved with in any capacity.

Ozigizo

Boy, I was really hoping he wouldn't be back to poison VR again, but here we are.

I wish he would fuck off forever.

Up 'till now, I never actually wished that VR was just a fad that would quickly fail. Now I do. Unfortunate.

This is my only account. Why is what I say less valid than someone who has 30,000 posts? I lurk a lot, but don't post much. It was just an opinion, anyway.

Your 'opinion' being shit is why what you say is less valid. Nice to know that one of the few things that can compel you to post is to defend a white supremacist.

Ozigizo

This is my only account. Why is what I say less valid than someone who has 30,000 posts? I lurk a lot, but don't post much. It was just an opinion, anyway.

I like the part of your post where you handwaved the accusations of white supremacy by calling people haters.

🙄🙄

dhonk

And what is the point you and the others in this thread are trying to make? Yes, Palmer Luckey is alive right now. Does this mean, according to you, that no one is allowed to like VR until after he is dead? Is VR now some kind of white nationalist neo-Nazi technology because Luckey happens to be a key figure in driving it's mass adoption?

I want to know when I'll be allowed to like VR, according to GAF. I'm older than Luckey is. I might die before he does. Am I not allowed to like VR, even to my dying breath, as long as Luckey is alive?

One of the funniest and most inept posts I've ever seen on GAF

"Keep me swimming in high tech toys and you can fund Nazis until they're ready to march."

I cannot believe how shallow the priorities of some are.

livelifelove13

Neo Member
I like the part of your post where you handwaved the accusations of white supremacy by calling people haters.

🙄🙄

Did you see the posts in here? There are a bunch of haters. I'm no fan of white supremacy, but I like what he's done with VR and think he's paving the way of the future for it. He's an asset to the world, not a liability.

Did you see the posts in here? There are a bunch of haters. I'm no fan of white supremacy, but I like what he's done with VR and think he's paving the way of the future for it. He's an asset to the world, not a liability.

Everything he touches is tainted. He is a liability. The world would factually be a better place without him funding hate groups. You are obviously a fan of and supporter of a white supremacist, thus making you a fan of and a supporter of white supremacy.

Now more than ever is the time to stand against racism and refuse to support racist pieces of shit in any way, even if it's just not doing business with them.

Do not give this narcissistic, hateful, greedy little cock goblin your money,

Top Bottom