• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Yeah, you can't do maps until post-game. Act 5 has huge enemy density, it shouldn't be hard to find a place to grind.

You can get by the acts with crappy gear (and Act 5 bosses are more skill based than Act 4's final boss which helps), but in my experience grinding in acts usually gets you a gear upgrade of some sort.

Dahbomb

New players please don't add actually use your Exalted Orbs. Trade it in for Chaos orbs from someone.

I just spent 400 alt orbs trying to get +2 level to socketed fire gems on a staff for my SRS build and had 0 success.
Could have just bought a Searing Torch instead or a Martyr of Innocence.

Also are you are the item level on the staff was high enough to even get +2 to gems?

rickyson1

another day another big drop

92B97BE404B83245B73A7554B82A623555972C15

edit: also sold my 6l kongor's(the one I 6 linked by accident while trying to 5 link it with the intention of switching to a disfavor eventually) for 280c

Dahbomb

Man I unlocked Abyss map too late. Steel rings down to 10C price already. I got two of them yesterday, can't complain too much.

Xyber

another day another big drop

92B97BE404B83245B73A7554B82A623555972C15

edit: also sold my 6l kongor's(the one I 6 linked by accident while trying to 5 link it with the intention of switching to a disfavor eventually) for 280c

Wait, 2 doctor cards in a few days? :eek:

I've had some nice luck recently, but you should give some other people a chance too. Can't get them all yourself!

Dahbomb

Opal Rings are worth 30C though. I run Estuary map for them as my tier 12. Haven't gotten one yet though, got a Crystal Belt which is worth nothing this league compared to last league.

rickyson1

Wait, 2 doctor cards in a few days? :eek:

I've had some nice luck recently, but you should give some other people a chance too. Can't get them all yourself!

two in 98 maps to be exact yeah(plus the xoph's heart was pretty much another doctor in terms of value as well)

i'm actually kinda sick of spider forest now and was planning on doing other things before I got the second one but now I feel like I can't leave haha

xuchu

two in 98 maps to be exact yeah(plus the xoph's heart was pretty much another doctor in terms of value as well)

i'm actually kinda sick of spider forest now and was planning on doing other things before I got the second one but now I feel like I can't leave haha

That's still quite lucky actually. I've gone dry spells of 150+ Spider forest maps w/o a doctor card drop. I got a headhunter through chances/ancient orbs though so I don't have see spider forest again.

May RNGesus be with you though, playing with headhunter is like a totally different game.

rickyson1

what's the best way to buy a headhunter anyways? whole or via cards?

probably like 75% of the way there at this point so getting closeish

xuchu

what's the best way to buy a headhunter anyways? whole or via cards?

probably like 75% of the way there at this point so getting closeish

Probably cards and even with that its incredibly rare. I've been collecting/buying leather belts and chances for multiple leagues and it's probably taken me 8000-10000 chances to get it and I know people who've been trying for 15000+.

rickyson1

randomly doing a few perandus maps here and there looking for the trove

it's such a sad feeling when cadiro offers you a 100c item but wants 200c worth of coins for it

So someone was just giving away a Doryani's Catalyst in Global this morning so I snagged it, then bought the Max Endurance -> Onslaught shield along with a new pair of boots. Added Blasphemy'd Warlords Mark to my kit and I'm rocking.

I am incredibly more survivable now with about the same DPS as before.

Finally got instagibbed by an elemental reflect mob though, that is hilarious.

T1 Arcade Map says I can capture Soul of Arakaali there. I suppose it's just a chance? How likely? Is is just for T1 or can I get it in higher tiers too?

Baliis

T1 Arcade Map says I can capture Soul of Arakaali there. I suppose it's just a chance? How likely? Is is just for T1 or can I get it in higher tiers too?
You have to have a Divine Vessel to capture the boss souls. You just stick it in the map device with the map when you open it and when you kill the boss it will fill up. Then you just take the filled vessel out of the map device and give it to Sin to get the upgrade.

Get a divine vessel and throw it in the map device with the arcade map and it'll capture the soul. THen you take it to Sin.

Xyber

Sweet, first time I have gotten up to t14 maps. First mob pack I kill and this drops.

mY5QCXk.png

About 100c right there for buying the previous map for 2c that made this one drop. :D

Dahbomb

In my experience they have been twice as common as Exalts so pretty rare still.

However they only cost 2C to trade for and you only need a handful of them.

Deadly

Sweet, first time I have gotten up to t14 maps. First mob pack I kill and this drops.

mY5QCXk.png

About 100c right there for buying the previous map for 2c that made this one drop. :D
Bisco's is worth 100c? Wow I've been running with one for awhile now

Tom Penny

Everyone has the good stuff in Standard already, no point in wearing a Biscos.

I've never gotten shit to drop in standard. Maybe it's cuz labs are wack as fuck and I don't do them. Mapping T10+ maps forever and I don't think I've had an item other than an actual exalt drop that was worth more than an exalt..not even close actually.

Baliis

mY5QCXk.png

Bisco's is worth 100c? Wow I've been running with one for awhile now

Was going to say that Biscos isn't worth 100c but man their prices have gone up. I bought a similar one earlier in the league for like 40c and divined it up to 93 quantity in a couple tries.

rickyson1

Standard is not a very good way to judge prices.

wasn't bisco's just a flat 150/100 roll until like a month ago anyways?

so I imagine there's a ton of perfect bisco's floating around in standard

on another note selling other divination cards with a doctor in the same stash tab is scary keep getting super paranoid and checking to make sure I grabbed the right one 20 times

Xyber

What? I have 20/128/83% one I got for like 10 chaos in standard.

Well yeah, standard is standard. Prices always differ a lot between the two.

Got my 100c for it just minutes after I put it up. :)

Just did my first guardian (hydra), a few close calls but managed to do it deathless.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I got Vaal Lightning in Act 2. This isn't a skill for early levels, right? It uses souls as a cost, so it gets viable on maps with lots of enemies?

I love that Vaal change to
the Act 2 map. Nice change of atmosphere and everyone blames you for screwing up.

Dahbomb

I got Vaal Lightning in Act 2. This isn't a skill for early levels, right? It uses souls as a cost, so it gets viable on maps with lots of enemies?

the Act 2 map. Nice change of atmosphere and everyone blames you for screwing up.
It's still pretty good to have, you get more Vaal souls before the end game so use it on a tough enemy as it shocks them for extra damage from you.

xuchu

It's not that necessary but still quite useful even when levelling as it's an insta-shock on bosses.

The way it used to work is that you needed 16/24/32 souls in normal/cruel/merciless difficulty modes respectively. Not sure how it works now with the 10 act structure but it would be safe to guess acts 1-5 = normal, acts 5-10 = cruel and act 10+ = merciless.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Think of Vaal Skills as hypers or ults in fighting games/mobas, you charge them up then use them on a really strong enemy, usually a boss but sometimes an unfortunate pack with too many mods. Assuming you're referring to Vaal Lightning Trap, it used to be pretty good for boss fights.

rickyson1

it never stops does it? every few days I feel like I want more tabs

I already have a currency,divination,essence,quad,3 regular,8 premium and am seriously considering getting another premium tab bundle right now

TheKeyPit

Banned
It's still pretty good to have, you get more Vaal souls before the end game so use it on a tough enemy as it shocks them for extra damage from you.
It's not that necessary but still quite useful even when levelling as it's an insta-shock on bosses.

The way it used to work is that you needed 16/24/32 souls in normal/cruel/merciless difficulty modes respectively. Not sure how it works now with the 10 act structure but it would be safe to guess acts 1-5 = normal, acts 5-10 = cruel and act 10+ = merciless.
Edit: You probably thought about Vaal Lightning Trap?
Think of Vaal Skills as hypers or ults in fighting games/mobas, you charge them up then use them on a really strong enemy, usually a boss but sometimes an unfortunate pack with too many mods. Assuming you're referring to Vaal Lightning Trap, it used to be pretty good for boss fights.
I was talking about Vaal Lightning Strike. Forgot that one last word.

I should use it on enemies with a lot of health, got it.

Edit2: What's the Strike variant good for?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I did a quick google for 3.0 starter builds and came across this site. Can anyone vouch for its accuracy/provide recommendations?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I did a quick google for 3.0 starter builds and came across this site. Can anyone vouch for its accuracy/provide recommendations?

3.0 is right now, so most of those should be fine.

I'm playing a Sunder Scion and it's super fun. Each of those main skills has a YouTube link, so I'd suggest going through and checking a few of those out deciding which look "fun" to you. That's all there is to it.

I'm kinda regretting CI. I have to be really attentive to bleed and flask it out otherwise I just die.

Guess I just really hated that map with the desecrated ground since I and -50% chaos resist. Everything else is capped.

I already have a currency,divination,essence,quad,3 regular,8 premium and am seriously considering getting another premium tab bundle right now

Whoa! Slow down!
Stash tabs go on sale every other weekend

Dahbomb

Seems fine although some of the links are Path of Building paste bins so you need to get Path of Building program installed and then paste the info in.

Deadly

I believe they're on sale now, no? I bought the currency stash on sale the other day.
Stash tab sales happen like twice a month. Only on weekends though so the next one is probably in 2-3 weeks.

Stash tab sales happen like twice a month. Only on weekends though so the next one is probably in 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, usually twice a month. The cadence is in a news article of when Harbinger launched. They didn't have the regularly scheduled sale because of something, which is the first time I saw them say how often they ran that sale

Top Bottom