• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Mice: Post your rodent! (keyboards welcome)

Sethos

Banned
G700

945310150.jpg

Razer Megasoma

203839688.jpg

Logitech Wave

905028317.jpg

Kabouter

MX%20revolution.jpg

Logitech MX Revolution

1214862173.jpg

Logitech UltraX Premium

Love both still. Would never go back to wired mouse, and wireless keyboard just seems like a hassle. Never notice any lag on the mouse, but even if there were any, it wouldn't be much of a problem with the games I mostly play.

NIN90 said:
1. Search for "Qck" on Amazon
2. Cover your eyes and randomnly point at your monitor
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

Seriously, you can't go wrong if you pick a pad from the Qck line.
Cool, I already looked around on Amazon for a bit and had one of those in mind. Thankfully they also sell one that fits on my desk, usually those gaming mouse pads are huge.

MikeE21286 said:
Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000
Keyboard02-full.jpg
Which OS/drivers are you using?
I've had nothing but troubles with this keyboard in windows 7.
- very laggy
- crashes al the time and gives multiple strokes when I press a button.
- half of the time it doesn't work when I boot so I need to pair it again
- half of the time pairing doesn't work properly as well so I need to reboot.

Buying a new BT dongle didn't help either so I decided to buy a logitech k340. A shame because it looks good, it's compact and costed me a lot of money.

Strangely enough, it worked fine on my PS3.

mrgone

darkpaladinmfc said:
Yep, they're the same.

EDIT: Glossing over that quickly, they're internally the same but slightly different. You cannot replace the felon feet on the Alienware mouse, which automatically makes the G9X much better.

The nice thing about them is that Dell seems to regularly be trying to clear stock, having at least two $40 sales on them last year that I know of. It's really quite nice, but with the drivers being kind of a weird mash of Alienware and Logitech, and being seemingly much less user-serviceable (feet, cleaning, etc), I have the feeling it's not going to last nearly as long as my old MX500 or comparable Logitech models.

I'm totally in love with Logitech's latest "heavy" style of scroll wheels, by the way, and I hope that other manufacturers are stealing the design as flagrantly and as often as possible.

I have all of you beat.
Been using the same exact touchpad for 5 or 6 years.

URL=http://img718.imageshack.us/i/512ynev27yl.jpg/]
512ynev27yl.jpg
[/URL]

I will never understand how you guys can use regular mice, i never could go back to a contraption that makes me grip the whole thing to aim, yuck.

EvilDick34 said:
I will never understand how you guys can use regular mice, i never could go back to a contraption that makes me grip the whole thing to aim, yuck.
I do a lot of 3D work so a mouse with 5 buttons is very handy :p

Davidion

I'm torn between the RAT 7 and the Mamba/Naga for my next mouse, as my refurb deathadder is having major scroll wheel problems. The RAT 7 looks interesting, but I question its ergonomics. The mamba and naga has the one thing that I can't seem to find in any other mice: those two secondary index finger buttons next to the primary.

Maybe I should just dig out my old 518. :lol

Yami

2dcj3i9.jpg

MX510. Still going strong since the day I got it, back in 2003 I think it was? Logo has worn away, the teflon feet probably need replacing, but it still works wonders. Use it with my laptop for now.

Got a Razer Deathadder for my other pc, brother gave it to me for free from his sponsor because he loves his MX518 and can't take his hand off of it.

Had a Steelpad QCK+, but my brother stole it from me, so, using a fairly large, generic Creative X-Fi mousepad now.

MisterNoisy

zombieshavebrains said:

Nice Model M. I couldn't find one NiB, so I went with Unicomp.

Buckling springs > everything else for typing. Annoying all of your coworkers within earshot is just an added bonus.

This fellow (MX518)

1219657864.jpg

And this guy (without that face on there though)

Saitek-Cyborg-V5-Keyboard-PC-0.jpg

Easily the best combo i've ever had. Very comfortable and easy to use.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
MisterNoisy said:
Nice Model M. I couldn't find one NiB, so I went with Unicomp.

Buckling springs > everything else for typing. Annoying all of your coworkers within earshot is just an added bonus.

And because there is a steel plate in it, if you're using one at home and someone breaks in you can literally use it to beat the shit out of them with. Best keyboard ever made.

Kukumalu

Going to buy a new mouse for my HTPC soon but I'm torn between the Logitech G700, Performance MX, Microsoft Sidewinder X8 and the Razer Mamba.

Ergonomics is quite important since I suffer from chronic pain on the right side of my body and good battery is also a plus.

Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions regarding these mice?

Broseybrose

Picked up a new Lachesis from Amazon for $30 bucks last month. Im lefty but i still play PC games with mouse in right hand like a normal person. For basic stuff, though, i could be using either hand at any time. So, i like my mice symmetrical/ambidextrous

razerlachesis-og.jpg

razer-lachesis-gallery7.jpg

So when the Lachesis came out for like $80 my mouth really watered over it but i wasnt about to spend that much on a mouse. Then my last mouse broke last month, hopped on Amazon, and wouldnt you know it? There it was, brand new Razer Lachesis for $30 even. Sold. I couldnt be happier with it either. Its pretty much the perfect mouse that i envisioned it to be. It was probably cheap because theres a new 5600dpi model, while mine's only 4000dpi. lol.

Orayn

AGrp5.jpg

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow
Mouse: Razer Copperhead with silver shell from the "Pro Tools" kit. Purchased March 2007 and still kicking, though the cable is getting a little flaky.
Mousepad: Free from Artscow during that promotion they had over the summer. The Gurren-Dan symbol makes it awesome.
nilbog21 said:
Salmosa for 13$
Jesus, man, where did you get it for that much? I was thinking of getting a Salmosa to replace my Copperhead at some point. (Gotta love that fingertip grip.)

Cipherr

DurielBlack said:
Surpised I haven't seen one of these yet:

en-US151_Sidewinder_X8_Mouse_3HA-00001.png

Thats because its wireless. For gaming I have always stayed away from wireless input.

I use a

3021076008_051265c7d9_b.jpg

and a

191488-a.jpg

Gets the job done. Accurate enough mouse with a good amount of input assignable buttons, a keyboard that handles the annoying ghosting issue, Backlit, and both are wired.

So I just got myself a new G500 on sale from newegg for $27 and I also picked up Steelseries QcK+ Mini mousepad

I have to say (this comes from someone who has owned the; G7, G700, G9, G9x, Performance Mouse MX) that I think the G500 might be my favorite mouse ever

Maybe it's the new mousepad talking too...I always buy those $1 pads from Microcenter :p

M°°nblade said:
Which OS/drivers are you using?
I've had nothing but troubles with this keyboard in windows 7.
- very laggy
- crashes al the time and gives multiple strokes when I press a button.
- half of the time it doesn't work when I boot so I need to pair it again
- half of the time pairing doesn't work properly as well so I need to reboot.

Buying a new BT dongle didn't help either so I decided to buy a logitech k340. A shame because it looks good, it's compact and costed me a lot of money.

Strangely enough, it worked fine on my PS3.

I'm using Windows XP 32 bit on the PC I'm using that on.
I have this bluetooth dongle
and I just installed it with generic Windows drivers and then paired it

Curufinwe

filipe said:
microsoft-sidewinder-mouse.jpg

Doesn't get any better for us big hand users. My brother grabbed the X8, but I still say this is the best version.

I am glad to find someone in this thread who liked the original Sidewinder because I am leaning towards getting this from Amazon for $40 and relegating my Logitech G5 to work duty. The Setpoint software keeps forgetting my keybindings, and it feels like it's time for a change. And I already have Intellipoint installed for my Sidewinder X4 keyboard.

I find the vertical thumb buttons on the Sidewinder very appealing, but unfortunately I don't think there's any store near me that has one on display so I can try it out first. Best Buy didn't... buy maybe CompUSA would.

Rumble19

shagg_187 said:
SteelSeries is not pc gaming bliss, it's pc gaming nightmare.

I absolutely love this keyboard and I have never had a single issue with it. I'm curious as to what problems you have had with it in the past?

Hylian7

The Int3rsect said:
This is my mouse as well. As for my keyboard:

Xarmor U9BL
XArmor-U9BL.jpg

For some reason I can't find the company's site anymore, but I got this beast for Christmas and I love it. If you're looking for a nice keyboard, a mechanical one is definitely the way to go. Don't worry, you can turn off the backlight, and I usually do during the day. I only leave it in the dark for those times I need to type something one-handed.

I'm in a sort of dilemma with what mouse to get from here on out.

I've been using this MX518 for years, but it's getting junky and I wasn't a fan of the prediction. I would've gotten an Intellimouse Explorer 1.1 to replace it, but I find that their DPI is too low for general use now on a 1080p monitor.

So I guess I'll go with a Deathadder? I hear they're flimsy in build quality though. Anyone have some solid recommendations for a mouse?

kikori

Neo Member
I'm using a Logitech G9x mouse and can't use anything else. My G9 died a few months ago and I tried out the Cyborg RAT 7 as a replacement after hearing so many good things about it. I couldn't get comfortable with it no matter how I adjusted it, and I found the tracking to be less precise than the G9 at any resolution I set it at. It went back within a couple days and I grabbed the G9x without a second thought. Couldn't be happier.

Thnikkaman said:
Sebulon, I can see the display on the keyboards being useful but are they worth the additional money? I see that particular range going £120+. Might be interested if programming for the little screen is relatively simple.
I'd suggest saving your money, at least as far as the color screen goes. I picked up the G19 on sale after my original G15 starting going south with hopes of doing all sorts of things with the pretty screen, and all I realistically use it for is the clock. The screen may be bigger overall than the G15's but since it's narrower, any apps not designed especially for it (RivaTuner's LCD output, for instance) are actually more difficult to read. Had the G510 been out at the time, I would have gotten that instead.

Had a G5 for a long time until the wire started breaking and it would lose connection. So bought this about a year ago and love it. The design is improved and it feels a bit nicer in your hand although it took some time getting used to the more... Rough I guess, texture on thumb side. You can also connect it with a wire if you feel like it.

1Bky5.jpg

Keyboard is a g110 which also took some time getting used to as the buttons are a good bit smaller than on my other keyboards but really liking it now.

img_32634mhp.jpg

Menelaus said:
logitech-MX518.jpg

14557.png

MX518+Illuminated Keyboard

I think I might replace this keyboard soon. It's awesome for actual typing, but hard to find home keys on while gaming.
haha my same exact pair currently, love both :)

Rumble19 said:
I absolutely love this keyboard and I have never had a single issue with it. I'm curious as to what problems you have had with it in the past?
Not a problem with the keyboard but a problem with the company's quality of product and the amount of time they last without falling apart. Others love it, I hate it (especially their headphones. Such utter bullshit).

Khal_B

Logitech G9X. It would have been perfect had it not been for the stiff middle mouse button. Other than that, it's amazing.

Top Bottom