• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Mice: Post your rodent! (keyboards welcome)

keeblerdrow said:
I'm getting one of these things for free in a week:

MX_full.jpg

Logitech Performance MX mouse. It's the upgrade from the MX Revolutions I've loved so much over the last few years. I'm done with wireless mousing for a while though and I want to go back to wired.

Anyone want to buy it off me? I could use the money for the new mouse.

This is my mouse. I love the hand contours. I was leery about paying a premium for a mouse, but I found a deal for it for $50.

After using it for a couple of months, I'd probably pay retail for it now.

Dina

What's the difference between the Razer Black and the Razer Black Ultimate keyboards? Is it worth the price premium on the Ultimate?

ampere

rFP1v.jpg

Love my Naga. I purchased it because of WoW, which I haven't been playing lately, but going from optical to laser was so worth it anyway.

Anyone have a good mechanical keyboard recommendation? I'm getting tired of the standard Microsoft one. I like clicky feeling keys btw

edit: Hmm the BlackWidow seems to be pretty good, not sure it's worth $35 to get backlit keys, but that would be pretty slick.

ampere

CrankyKong said:
I have an MX518.
Can someone tell me why they are so popular?
I've never had another mouse to compare to
Reliable, DPI adjustment buttons on the mouse, two extra buttons on the side

Just an all around good mouse, its weakness is that it's optical, not laser. I loved mine for years though

another vote for the Cyborg RAT (9). It feels so great in my hands and if it's abit unconfortable at times, I change it to be confortable again. "instant" battery switching is great as well. It's just not that great that the battery only lasts like 8 hours (enough to reload the other one in the meantime though) and my IceMat mousepad wasn't working.

As for the keyboard I'm using a ZBoard right now. But I'm looking for a new one for some time already. Did not find something suitable. The blackWidow sounds great, will take a look at this one. And I'm debatting about such a claw for a while as well, hmm :D

Valnen

I have one of the original WoW mice with a lot of the paint worn off. Kinda sad that it started wearing off so quickly. Glad I didn't pay for it.

I *really* want a left handed Razer DeathAdder.

marcurius

34xgg8o.jpg

Love it, though I'll have to replace mine soonish, it's getting a bit worn out. Must've had it for six years or so.

Though I have been thinking of getting a smaller mouse for Starcraft 2.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Sentinel_Advance_mfg.jpg

CM Storm Sentinel. Pretty good, has like 7 lighting colours, was cheaper than the Razer Deathadder.

OTIX

Been doing a lot of research trying to find a replacement for my MX518. All I want is a nice mouse with no prediction, no acceleration, no jitter and 1400 dpi (playing osu! really brings out the flaws in your mouse sensor.) Unfortunately such a mouse does not exist. The only mouse sensors above 800 dpi without any clear flaws are in the abyssus and the two versions of the deathadder and they only allow certain preset dpi levels. It's really baffling that noone seems interested in making a better sensor, even stranger that the newer sensors seem to be generally worse than the older ones. So for now I'll have to keep using my MX518. It's very close to the perfect mouse, except for the fact that it has prediction that cannot be turned off.

Fortunately the perfect keyboard does exist.
filco_majestouch_tenkeyless.jpg

Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless with Cherry MX Brown switches. <3

bs000

Currently using the Logitech G500 for my mouse. Been a fan of Logitech since getting the 510. Had a MX Revolution but it wasn't good for gaming, cause it's wireless and every time I moved it too fast the cursor would freak out. Loved the frictionless scroll mode though. Had the old G5 after that (the one with only one thumb button). Hated that they removed that thumb button. Ended up with the G500 I have now. Laser sensor, frictionless scroll mode, and three thumb buttons.

15994.png

Current keyboard is Razer Lycosa. Logitech G15 previously (old blue version). The Razer is slim, and I believe they use laptop style scissor-switches which has slimmer keys like a laptop, which is one of the main reasons I got it. Not a fan of the LED backlight though. It has two settings - off, and blinding. Impossible to see keys with the backlight off, but I don't look at the keyboard anymore anyway, so it's like using one of those label-less keyboards.

razer-lycosa-gallery2.jpg

Marco1

Razer mamba and black widow ultimate.
Love both of them.
I had the logitech MX revolution but they brought a new model that took away features, not good.

FoxSpirit

OTIX said:

Oh yeah, will be getting one of those in some time. I just pondering tenkeyless or not :)

Just switched over to my Cherry Blue for a short hop, but man, the noise this makes is slightly offputting to me. Others may love it. Especially writers could totally get addicted to this :-D

wow-mouse.jpg

Got given it as a present 2-3 years ago. I played WoW around the time and it was great to bind my spells too. Now I've retired from WoW it's alright for TF2 and other PC games but I'm too cheap to buy a new one when it's not broken.

SLV

Curufinwe said:
Is the middle mouse button stiff and hard to press down? I read that in some of the Amazon reviews and my Logitech G5 was like that for years.

Not if you have big manly and powerfull hands :D

Grinchy

Banned
I have an MX518 on its way. It should get here on Tuesday. I bought it because of this thread and because it was like $30.

Kato

Salaadin said:
15994.png

Best mouse I ever owned. Different profiles for games and such make it really nice.

logitech-g11-01.jpg

Got the same keyboard and it rocks.. Got a spare one brand new in a box just in case.

Also had that mouse but threw it in the bin yesterday. The third time that damn cable broke (the part where the cable goes into the mouse) on the G500. So I took out the new mouse I had for months but could not get used to. And after pushing myself to try it for 5 consecutive hours, I'm starting to think it's just awesome now:

razer-naga-gallery2.jpg

ndreamer

I have a gigabyte ghost, very nice mouse to use but it's a fair bit bigger then mice i have used in the past, you can switch between dpi settings all the way up to 6000dpi.
jGjhB.jpg

I also use a logitech 515, it's perfect for using on fabric.
fj6l4.jpg

CiSTM

Banned
OTIX said:
Been doing a lot of research trying to find a replacement for my MX518. All I want is a nice mouse with no prediction, no acceleration, no jitter and 1400 dpi (playing osu! really brings out the flaws in your mouse sensor.) Unfortunately such a mouse does not exist. The only mouse sensors above 800 dpi without any clear flaws are in the abyssus and the two versions of the deathadder and they only allow certain preset dpi levels. It's really baffling that noone seems interested in making a better sensor, even stranger that the newer sensors seem to be generally worse than the older ones. So for now I'll have to keep using my MX518. It's very close to the perfect mouse, except for the fact that it has prediction that cannot be turned off.

Eh, Caps Lock is unnecessary and overall that looks like anyother keypad without numeric pad. I know the feel is what counts but for the price of filco keyboard I want more.
Sp7si.jpg

I love the layout of the keys on this thing. Unfortunately it's bit over my price range (+$200 bucks) and it's kind of a small keyboard so I don't know if I would get used to it. At the moment I will keep on rocking my SteelSeries 6Gv2.

Grinchy

Banned
So, I just got my MX518 in the mail. Does anyone know if there's any way to edit the dpi settings without installing that shitty, bluescreen-causing Setpoint software? I know I can hit the +/- buttons to switch between 400,800, and 1600 but I might wanna go with something inbetween those.

Sober

MX Revolution, probably the best thing I have ever used and got it cheap for 50$ years ago. The cradle is probably the most annoying thing ever because it refuses the charge unless the mouse is in at the right angle but I love it anyway.

And what the hell Logitech, why are they no longer making mice with a thumb wheel? I can't live without it. I use it for volume controls since I do alot of TV and movie watching on my PC.

I've been thinking between the Deathadder and R.A.T. 7 in my head. I need a mouse that doesn't have prediction/angle snapping, has an 800dpi mode, and can work well without driver software.

Any opinions? I'd like to know from R.A.T. owners as well because I hear they're hefty mice even without the weights, is that true?

So are mechanical keyboards really that much better for gaming?

I've been using a G15 for years now and I've really only been using the screen as a clock and for music information. I assumed mechanical keyboards were always more for typing. The clicking noise does seem like it may get irritating, unless it isn't as bad as it seems.

Grinchy said:
So, I just got my MX518 in the mail. Does anyone know if there's any way to edit the dpi settings without installing that shitty, bluescreen-causing Setpoint software? I know I can hit the +/- buttons to switch between 400,800, and 1600 but I might wanna go with something inbetween those.

If you want custom settings, you need to install the software.

I don't, and I live with the hardware settings. You'll get used to them.

Rickenslacker said:
I've been thinking between the Deathadder and R.A.T. 7 in my head. I need a mouse that doesn't have prediction/angle snapping, has an 800dpi mode, and can work well without driver software.

Any opinions? I'd like to know from R.A.T. owners as well because I hear they're hefty mice even without the weights, is that true?

I own a RAT 7, do not get it.

Many, including mine have been plagued by fucked up laser issues, it's very common. The twin laser is horrible and sometimes one of the axes will stop working and I actually have to BLOW on the bottom of the mouse.

It's god awfully retarded.

Get a G9X, if your going for a higher price one.

Also, when will they make a keyboard where:

Capslock and Enter have swapped locations

Left Windows Start is replaced by Tab

Tab is replaced by backspace.

PLEASE.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone have any recommendations for a full size bluetooth mouse? I'm not trying to headshot anyone, so no need to tell me it won't be super accurate or whatever. I just need a wireless mouse that doesn't have a USB dongle.

Ristamar

41wawdxgcplss500_2.jpg

MX518 SE
I liked the look better than the "cool" war torn design. Wish they were still available.

PZ30A_Eclipse_Keyboard_Red_ProductImage.jpg

Saitek Eclipse (Red)
Cheap, and it matches my mouse. It's not bad, but I'm casually looking to swap it out for something better.

v5-mat.jpg

Cyborg V.5 Gaming Surface
Not the most aesthetically pleasing pad, but it's dual surfaced and only $20. I have no complaints.

Mr. Robot

Anyone have a trackball mouse? specially the logitech M570.

i really like trackballs since you dont need to move them, and i always end up using my mouse on tight spaces, so can anyone recommend me one?

Top Bottom