• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an awesome show. I watched it on the very first nite it aired. There are no loose ends. The writing is great. I wish this was on HBO. Imagine more violence, sex scenes, larger production. Wow!

Wasteman

Banned
I only ever watched the pilot episode, as the subject matter seemed interesting, and found it truly dreadful. The writing was appalling, with the leads acting even worse. Honestly it felt like some shitty 90's budget drama.

My question is, with all the praise it's getting here, does it get substantially better ?

Wasteman

Banned
I'm not trying to put it down for you guys, it just loads of people love it here so I was genuinely seeing if it improved. Me and my friend were laughing at the first episode so you can understand why I'm asking.

Sober

I only ever watched the pilot episode, as the subject matter seemed interesting, and found it truly dreadful. The writing was appalling, with the leads acting even worse. Honestly it felt like some shitty 90's budget drama.

My question is, with all the praise it's getting here, does it get substantially better ?
As I wrote in the OP, watch the first 7 episodes, as it turns around there pretty much. If you don't like it, well ya don't like it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Heck, watch the first season and if that ending doesn't make you watch the rest of the series, then this isn't for you. And it was the pilot, they're trying to convey John's sense of badassery. And Finch had yet to trust John, so he seems stiff. It gets better through time.

It gets exponentially better and better.

Sure is gonna be weird watching this and Lost at the same time.

i'm gonna start seeing Finch with the same manipulative overtone as Ben.

By being worse than it is on CBS? Yes, that would destroy me.

What a loony opinion dawg, quality of a show can only go up when it moves to cable

Can't say that for the other way around, it either gets far worse on a network or stays about the same

Yeah the writing is better than on lost but Ben Linus has had far better scenes than Finch imo

Sober

Well, find me a procedural on cable then. I don't think anyone would've greenlit a procedural on a cable network.

RS4-

So, while I was in the middle of switching ISPs, I had no net for the month, decided to watch Lost again.

Forgot that Fusco showed up for an ep or two.
And then they showed Ben's mum: Finch's fiancee.

Wiktor

What a loony opinion dawg, quality of a show can only go up when it moves to cable

Not really. First of all, it would be only half of episodes per season and it would also loose the procedural aspect. Both of those would completely change how story is told in PoI and what the story is. Most likely for the worse.

Also..HBO is pretty much the only cable that can outspend big networks on episode per episode budgets

Wait, I have to watch it all?
Nearly every episode is required reading. Remember how each season has multiple plot arcs? Well, they don't take turns appearing in episodes. They all just show up. Even early on, you get a lot of mythology and character backstory. The cutoff for whether not you think you'll enjoy the show is about 7 episodes into season 1. If the show doesn't hook you then, then it won't hook you. The format hasn't and likely won't change from what you've seen from that point; the show simply just gets better at using it.

This is out and out wrong friend. I thought a lot of the first Season was boring typical case of the week garbage with a spark of something greater but I wasn't interested in following it.

Only after watching a few episodes of season 2 and falling in love with the show did I go back and watch S1. Now I've watched the whole thing and its my favorite show on TV. And I watch like 12+ shows.

S1 isn't a good indicator of quality.

Edit: This is also my favorite OT of all time.

Forget about LOST. His real talent is on PoI. The writing on this show is 10x better than the drivel of LOST.

ihAgXu7Js3Ymk.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Wiktor

God, I love this gif. The lighting is so fantastic.

I think Devil's Share might be my favorite hour of television ever made. It just keep throwing all the holy shit moments at you, while also delivering hugely emotional story to back them up.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fusco's "Confession" was great in that episode.

Finch's past scene with the therapist was good, especially the last bit where he ponders about "what happens with Survivor's Guilt when everything that happened, in fact, is your fault"

Sober

Let's do this, bitches!

JUST A MINOR NOTE: if you plan on liveposting with the Atlantic Canada broadcast, please spoiler tag discussion. If you didn't know, that is earlier than EST/EDT (fuck if I know which one we're on right now). KKTY

"Panopticon"

Forced to take on new identities created by Root, the team tries to adapt to their new lives. However, some find it hard to ignore the Machine’s numbers, which puts them all at risk of being detected by Samaritan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom