• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment |PSN OT| Finish what you started.

Is there a way to transfer a PSX save to a vita? Wouldn't mind to double dip if I can play it on Vita but I really wouldn't want to play it without all the shit I've unlocked in my original save file.

20130305225733.jpg

You are now able to transfer the game over from PS3!

randomkid

Woohoo, only a 1 week wait. Copied everything over and that pretty Vita screen was worth it. Now to decide if I should start in the middle of Ni no Kuni or not, never tried playing two RPGs at once but I'm all jazzed up haha.

Alec

Someone help me understand. Full plot spoilers follow:

Innocent Sin ends with Earth being destroyed (except for Sumaru City) and everyone being sent to a new universe (where the Earth was not destroyed) where they never met and Innocent Sin didn't happen. Tatsuya decided that he didn't want to lose his memories and thus was sent over to the new universe with them intact. This causes the conflict in Eternal Punishment.

Eternal Punishment ends with Tatsuya relinquishing his 'original self' back to the universe from Innocent Sin (which at this point only consists of Sumaru City and a destroyed Earth). This leaves behind a Tatsuya in the Eternal Punishment universe that is completely ignorant of all of the events of both universes.

So my questions are:

Since Tatsuya relinquished his 'original self' back to the universe from Innocent Sin, does that mean that there exists versions of the other characters who still have their memories there as well? (I.E., they weren't 'sent' to a new universe at the end of Innocent Sin, but were 'copied'?)

Which universe does Persona 3 and 4 take place in...the original (possibly rebuilt) universe in which only Sumaru City was spared, or the 'new' universe in which Tatsuya doesn't remember anything?

cj_iwakura

Someone help me understand. Full plot spoilers follow:

Innocent Sin ends with Earth being destroyed (except for Sumaru City) and everyone being sent to a new universe (where the Earth was not destroyed) where they never met and Innocent Sin didn't happen. Tatsuya decided that he didn't want to lose his memories and thus was sent over to the new universe with them intact. This causes the conflict in Eternal Punishment.

Eternal Punishment ends with Tatsuya relinquishing his 'original self' back to the universe from Innocent Sin (which at this point only consists of Sumaru City and a destroyed Earth). This leaves behind a Tatsuya in the Eternal Punishment universe that is completely ignorant of all of the events of both universes.

So my questions are:

Since Tatsuya relinquished his 'original self' back to the universe from Innocent Sin, does that mean that there exists versions of the other characters who still have their memories there as well? (I.E., they weren't 'sent' to a new universe at the end of Innocent Sin, but were 'copied'?)

Which universe does Persona 3 and 4 take place in...the original (possibly rebuilt) universe in which only Sumaru City was spared, or the 'new' universe in which Tatsuya doesn't remember anything?

The universe of Eternal Punishment, I believe. The world was destroyed in Innocent Sin after all.

And as I understand it, Tatsuya's not alone in the original universe of IS. Sumaru City is still entirely intact.

Taruranto

If with "other characters" you mean Jun, Lisa, etc, no they became one with their EP side self, they no longer exist in IS world.

Sophia

Persona 3 and onward are on the altered timeline. Innocent Sin was basically written out. The only thing that exists on the original timeline now are the humans in Sumaru City, as everyone else in the world is dead.

Alec

If with "other characters" you mean Jun, Lisa, etc, no they became one with their EP side self, they no longer exist in IS world.

So 'original' Tatsuya is alone (without his friends) in the IS universe now, even though there is a memory-less Tatsuya in the EP universe?

Sophia

So 'original' Tatsuya is alone (without his friends) in the IS universe now, even though there is a memory-less Tatsuya in the EP universe?

Don't think they ever said in regards to the others. Maya's dead, that's for sure, but the status of IS-world Lisa/Eikichi/Jun was never clarified on.

Alec

Persona 3 and onward are on the altered timeline. Innocent Sin was basically written out. The only thing that exists on the original timeline now are the humans in Sumaru City, as everyone else in the world is dead.

In the end of EP, 'original' Tatsuya states that he is confident that they can "rebuild", which is why I thought that maybe the more recent games could've taken place in that universe.

Thanks for all the information. :)

Sophia

In the end of EP, 'original' Tatsuya states that he is confident that they can "rebuild", which is why I thought that maybe the more recent games could've taken place in that universe.

Thanks for all the information. :)

Nah. Keep in mind, everything was destroyed outside of Sumaru City. There's no way they rebuilt the entire world in ten years. :p

Taruranto

It's pretty much heavy hinted (or even explicit stated, but i can't recall the line) the Tsumi kids became one with their EP selves, suppressing their memories of the other side. Otherwise, IS ending wouldn't make much sense if they still existed on IS side. (you see their bodies disappearing, and they all say how they'll meet again in the new world) EP was the perfect world they wished to create in exchange for their memories.

Finally, If you
awake Lisa and Michelle memories, they are seen crying together in EP ending, lamenting their loss and how they wanted to go with Tatsuya.

cj_iwakura

It's pretty much heavy hinted (or even explicit stated, but i can't recall the line) the Tsumi kids became one with their EP selves, suppressing their memories of the other side. Otherwise, IS ending wouldn't make much sense if they still existed on IS side. (you see their bodies disappearing, and they all say how they'll meet again in the new world) EP was the perfect world they wished to create in exchange for their memories.

Finally, If you
aweke Lisa and Michelle memories, they are seen crying together in EP ending, lamenting their loss and how they wanted to go with Tatsuya.

Wasn't it somehow implied Jun was there as well?

Tizoc

20130305225733.jpg

Dude can you send me this background or any such backgrounds for Persona series featuring...whatshisname (Olaf?) please? I have aligned the games the same way you've done only upside down.

cj_iwakura

One of these is not like the others, lol. God I want to get into the early game, but I just find them so different to 3 and 4.

Most early games are!

People still play classic FFs, I've never understood why the early Personas feel so unplayable.

Also, Persona 1 had the SMT moniker too.

FluxWaveZ

Just finished this game (took me 46 hours). What an amazing experience (aside from the high encounter rate and some frustrating battles).

Now I need to find whatever narrative is missing from the portable version.

Now that I've finished all of the Persona games, I feel like something's missing. Just read what happens in Tatsuya's Scenario and that was interesting and kinda crazy.

Man I wish we really got that. Some of the info there really impacts the scope and scale of the universe and some things we have seen in future installments and whatnot.

Guymelef

Question:
If i buy the game with my USA account in PS3, can i send the game to my PS Vita with EU account.
In order to send a PS Vita game from PS3, PS Vita PSN account must be the same that downloaded the game.
i don't know if is the same with PSX games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Missed this. Started the game up. Finally reached GOLD.

Questions:

1) What is the best way of getting Tarot cards? Being low level and contacting Demons? It seems entirely random on how many I get.
2) Same with money: Do I battle the hell out of Demons to get the cash to play Poker at Mu Continent? Should I even bother with that and just do Slots?
3) I spread the Bounty Hunter/"Manhunter" rumor, but haven't started it yet. Is it worth doing?
4) Tony's store: Beads (forget what they do as it's been years) or Accessories?
5) Same with Toa: Weapons or Armor (IIRC I made the previous store Armor, but I haven't really bought anything from it. :x)
6) People say to hold off on the Magazine Rewards rumor, I have like 3 on it. Should I hold off until the end and then spread the rumor? How does that even work?

cj_iwakura

Missed this. Started the game up. Finally reached GOLD.

Questions:

1) What is the best way of getting Tarot cards? Being low level and contacting Demons? It seems entirely random on how many I get.
2) Same with money: Do I battle the hell out of Demons to get the cash to play Poker at Mu Continent? Should I even bother with that and just do Slots?
3) I spread the Bounty Hunter/"Manhunter" rumor, but haven't started it yet. Is it worth doing?
4) Tony's store: Beads (forget what they do as it's been years) or Accessories?
5) Same with Toa: Weapons or Armor (IIRC I made the previous store Armor, but I haven't really bought anything from it. :x)
6) People say to hold off on the Magazine Rewards rumor, I have like 3 on it. Should I hold off until the end and then spread the rumor? How does that even work?

-Higher level demons give out more Tarot, usually. Your best bet is to get a contract with the ones that you run into the most, and exploit their patterns to get free tarot then just make whatever you want, especially since some are rarer than others.
(Use a FAQ for this if you aren't already, it'll make your life easier, unless you're crazy and want to memorize them.)
-Takes forever to get money from demons. Use Mu Continent and Bingo. (Save scum if you must.)
-Here and there. I think so.
-Accessories!
-Armor, definitely. Weapons aren't that useful in EP at all, unless you're Tatsuya. Toa has the best armor. (Always spread the 'high price, best quality' rumors. Shop around for the best gear before buying.)
-Uh, news to me. Why wait?

Top Bottom