• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena European release date bad news [Update: Suffering continues]

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The official Twitter feed for Persona games in Europe instead of separate Twitter account which they totally have anyway, in fact, open the Twitter account for their website and the Persona Europe Twitter account in different tabs and switch back and forth between them and you'll notice a few similarities.

It seems real scummy to me that they have proclaimed themselves as Persona Europe when (through fault of their own or not) they have completely bungled the release of the game they were handling, seemingly not covered the Persona game that did come out (even though it directly leads into their game and is arguably the best game on Vita at the moment), and use their Persona Twitter account to just plug their own non-Persona website.

Okay, that's sketchy as fuck.

Of course That twitter feed won't talk about persona golden ,that's not them that are publishing the game.
It's a PR nightmare anyway ..if they did talk about it .. then people would have asked about P4A

I haven't been following this for a while but our European brethren are still waiting for this game? That is simply unacceptable. I can only imagine that the hype is now dead and only a few people care. This game is going to bomb now and that is a shame. What the hell are they even doing with the localization of this game?

Speaking of which, I find it real fucking weird that the people behind the EU release of Persona 4 Arena have positioned themselves as "Persona Europe".

Take their Twitter account for example, which has the tagline: The official Twitter feed for Persona games in Europe.
Persona 4 Golden was released in Europe on the 22nd of February with it releasing on PSN on the 20th. I went back on their Twitter account to the 1st of January and haven't seen a single post about Persona 4 Golden, not even an announcement on the day they came out in Europe which kinda seems like something you should mention on The official Twitter feed for Persona games in Europe.

Probably not on the Twitter page, but they did have a post on their FB page (along with a slightly NSFW image :p)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....293977660676586.62381.166777336729953&type=1

To be honest, I don't think NIS America did a good job either. I saw a single Twitter post from them. Barely any adverts. With Ni No Kuni, the game was plastered all over Playstation Blog and at least Eurogamer.

I suppose it's (Ni No Kuni's) performance had more to do with the fact that barely anything was out that week in the retail space compared to P4G launching at the same time as Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising, plus competition in the digital space from Ragnarok Odyssey (though surely P4G would beat RO in a straight sales fight simply by name alone).

vivftp

I have to stand up and applaud the people who made this game. *clap* *clap* *clap*

I just got started with the whole Persona universe with P4 Golden on my Vita a couple of months ago. Absolutely loved it and I don't think I'd ever played a game with that level of depth before where I felt like the characters were my friends. When I saw Persona 4 Arena I wanted it since I had heard it builds upon the story after P4, but to be quite honest I don't like fighting games like this at all... especially at $30. My love for Persona and only that made me buy it... only for the story mode. I won't spoil anything of course, but bra-fracking-vo to these guys for making characters with so much depth I found myself reaching for a tissue more than once.

Of course when I made the purchase I wasn't thinking straight I suppose since I can just view all the story modes on Youtube, but even after realizing that, I didn't even care. The story mode alone was worth the price of admission and I can't wait for the next Persona game!

Shahed

Probably not the best thread to post your impressions in.

Really? I'm sure Europeans like myself want to hear how good this game is when we don't have a release date yet. And we all want to praise Atlus for what they've done with this game...

I have to stand up and applaud the people who made this game. *clap* *clap* *clap*

dgwPY7t.jpg

vivftp

I don't get it :(

This seemed to be the most recent thread on the game so I figured why not :) I know it's painful to wait for a game you want, but I feel that this is worth the wait for Persona fans.

lol, I may never play the game again tho, unless to pay story mode again.

I don't get it :(

This seemed to be the most recent thread on the game so I figured why not :) I know it's painful to wait for a game you want, but I feel that this is worth the wait for Persona fans.

lol, I may never play the game again tho, unless to pay story mode again.

Seriously , go in the P4Arena OT ..you can't make an LTTP thread yet ..but still .

Everyone here is either counting the days untill pigs can fly Zen united release the game in europe.

Or they are contemplating the whole fiasco that transpired.

So yeah , coming to tell us that the game is great when we can't play it because index corp was greedy as hell is clearly not the right approach

OMG Aero

Well looks like we know what month now. Kinda.
https://www.facebook.com/PersonaEurope said:
An update for you today - and a positive one at that.

We are now in submission for the Xbox 360 build of Persona 4 Arena.

Though dependent on when it passes, of course - I think it's realistic for me to say we're looking at a May release.

I will update you all on the specifics very soon...

Top Bottom