• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Well, even then I think "overall" is nebulous if we're going by total playerbase relative to skill level, but going from the online global leaderboards alone that seems feasible. Still, if we're discussing character representation or balance, I think it's more important to look at the top level of play exclusively instead of literally everyone.

Yeah, I agree in all honesty.

Not sure what happened there but ggs.

Man, it took me a while to "warm up", those matches before that were so one sided damn. Really nice Akihiko there.

FluxWaveZ

Good games we had earlier. My internet was messing up right at the end, so I think I might have been idle in the lobby because of spectator lag when it disbanded.

I need to get the rust off if we're gonna be having a tournament soon. I feel so much weaker than when I used to play P4A often.

frogg609

I haven't picked Arena up yet but am planning to. What system seems ave a more lively online community at this point? I tend to go 360 for fighters but I am okay with PS3 if thr community is there.

FluxWaveZ

I haven't picked Arena up yet but am planning to. What system seems ave a more lively online community at this point? I tend to go 360 for fighters but I am okay with PS3 if thr community is there.

PS3 is always more active online when it comes to fighters, from what I've seen. This is especially true in P4A's case.

Not all fighters, but as an owner of both versions now, I can indeed confirm that the 360 version is so relatively dead compared to ps3 it makes zombies look lively.

FluxWaveZ

Not all fighters, but as an owner of both versions now, I can indeed confirm that the 360 version is so relatively dead compared to ps3 it makes zombies look lively.

Would it usually be Capcom fighters that are more active on the 360? I've owned both the PS3 and 360 versions of a few fighters and it's always seemed that the PS3 was more active, but that might just be from my personal perspective.

But yeah, owning both versions of P4A there is a clear difference in online activity between both versions.

Well, I wouldn't know about how much more or less, but definitely nothing like this. The rule is pretty much that if it's an "anime" fighter the ps3 community will outnumber the 360 one by far. Next gen, I'm sure the only fighter that will have a bigger community on the One than PS4 will be KI for obvious reasons, MS kinda doomed itself there.

Levito

Banned
Good day ArenaGAF, I recognize a few of you in here from PersonaGaf, nonetheless:

Over on PersonaGAF we started a podcast not too long ago, and this week's upcoming episode is a post EVO show with Dacidbro, Logic Hole, and a couple of our regulars that actually competed in P4: A pools.

So if you have any questions for Dacidbro or whoever else, leave one on the website post, or in the podcast GAF thread here.

Don't mean to barge into the thread, just thought I'd share!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good day ArenaGAF, I recognize a few of you in here from PersonaGaf, nonetheless:

Over on PersonaGAF we started a podcast not too long ago, and this week's upcoming episode is a post EVO show with Dacidbro, Logic Hole, and a couple of our regulars that actually competed in P4: A pools.

So if you have any questions for Dacidbro or whoever else, leave one on the website post, or in the podcast GAF thread here.

Don't mean to barge into the thread, just thought I'd share!
Thanks for the heads up. I posted a question on your wordpress.

Busaiku

Well, thanks to Aksys' amazingness, the tournament got even better!
So Mike and Aksys are donating a bunch of BlazBlue goodies to the cause.
So now we're getting 10 Juubei plushes and maybe 10-20 BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma posters!

So now 1st place for BlazBlue is guaranteed the Noel Nendroid, a Juubei plush, and a BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster.
If Koogy of Brokentier's ok with it, 2nd place will get the Fraternity shirt, a Juubei plush, and a BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster.
3rd place will receieve the Juubei plush and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster.

In addition, Mike said it's ok to spread it across the games, so Persona 4 Arena and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + winners will also receive a Juubei plush and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster, in addition to the prizes already established!
2nd place finishers in those games are also guaranteed the Juubei plush and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma poster!

So there'll still be a ton left even after all that, so I don't even know how to distribute them out from there...
Didn't expect this at all, so gonna need some suggestions, cause there are still a bunch.

If you haven't signed up yet, you really need to!

RoeBear

How long have you had yours for? And how long did it take you to adjust from using a controller?

I had another stick before it but I got it a few weeks before P4A came out last year. I got two so my friend could stop complaining that I had an advantage.

It took me about two weeks to a month to get really used to it. IAD's were the last thing that I got down. Also be careful of where you rest your hand some of the paint or whatever around my buttons have been worn away.

I had another stick before it but I got it a few weeks before P4A came out last year. I got two so my friend could stop complaining that I had an advantage.

It took me about two weeks to a month to get really used to it. IAD's were the last thing that I got down. Also be careful of where you rest your hand some of the paint or whatever around my buttons have been worn away.

I'll keep that part about the button paint in mind.

I actually just recieved it today and have been playing for about half hour.

So far it's pretty responsive. I essentially have to rewire my brain in terms of what buttons are associated with what because I've used a controller for so long.

The only big issue I'm having at the moment is diagonal jumps to the right so 9's basically.

More often than not I keep on jumping straight up instead of diagonally. I've tried moving more towards the right first before going upwards but it seems that tends to mess with IAD's.

I guess it's just something I'll have to get used to.

Anyone on 360GAF down for some matches sometime this weekend? Thinking about late night tomorrowish or something.

The new version has me itching to return to this.

FluxWaveZ

Wish I could have been here when the P4A scene was more active. I'm sure P4A:C's eventual release will make things exciting again for a certain period of time.

I prefer P4A to BB from what I've played, but it'd be cool if people get into BB:CP here. I know a fair number of us will be importing the game.

Wish I could have been here when the P4A scene was more active. I'm sure P4A:C's eventual release will make things exciting again for a certain period of time.

I prefer P4A to BB from what I've played, but it'd be cool if people get into BB:CP here. I know a fair number of us will be importing the game.

I'm importing BBCP as well.

P4:AGAF used to be really active. Daily matches and thread activity in general. I'm not sure when things started to slow down.

FluxWaveZ

I'm importing BBCP as well.

P4:AGAF used to be really active. Daily matches and thread activity in general. I'm not sure when things started to slow down.

Heh, well then if that would mean the last tournament we had will indeed be the last, that means I get to be the current and eternal P4A champion!

Things will get good again once the next game comes out.

Morris

Disco Devil
Is anyone still playing this on PSN? I got this with the Atlus sale and it looks like there aren't many people around on ranked.

I want to get good with Naoto. Any guides I should check out?

FluxWaveZ

Is anyone still playing this on PSN? I got this with the Atlus sale and it looks like there aren't many people around on ranked.

I want to get good with Naoto. Any guides I should check out?

Check Dustloop. Excellent source for anything P4A, and then you can branch out from there.

Top Bottom