• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena Region-Locked on PS3 - Confirmed [PR statement in OP]

Westlo

ps: I didn't plan on buying this game but I will just to offset some of the super-entitled folks who might boycott it lol

fuck outta here with that bullcrap.

this game is doa now in europe since it will have to compete with Tekken Tag 2 and DOA5 (and that's a best case scenario release lol) for the FGC. Oh but it's got good netcode... like I give a shit when most people who buy this game will drop it before the PAL release is even out.

fuck me i was actually hyped to play this game, the persona story aspect was just a great bonus, now I have to hope the SFxTK rebalance actually salvages something from that game (lol) while waiting for TT2 and DOA5.

Uthred

PS3 was touted as region free for games since even before release, so to start allowing publishers to region lock games six years from launch is pretty despicable behaviour from Sony. They never mentioned publishers had this option before, which means consumers have been misled into buying PS3s under the assumption that they were region free when this was never actually the case.

Why haven't Sony even explained how PS3 region locking will work? Does it say in the PS3 manual? Will it be the same as PS2 (three regions), or will there actually be six regions as implied by the region logo on PS3 game cases? Is Asia in the same region as Japan or not? It's very confusing for consumers outside of NA/EU/JP. There really needs to be better communication and clarification from Sony on this matter.

This is rubbish, Sony misled nobody, since launch theyve said that the console is region free but publishers have the option to lock it if they want. Publishers have always had the option to region lock (though it was explicitly added to the fw ~3.2) but they chose not to. Atlus chose to region lock - Sony have nothing to do with it so saying that its "pretty despicable" of Sony while not mentioning Atlus at all makes it appear you have a weird axe to grind.

Regarding the latter half of your post, perhaps you should check your manual? pg 26 and more explicitly pg 50

Dantis

I'm sure hackers will publish a region free copy online for your convenience, or how Gabe Newell of Valve put it: "We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem," he said. "If a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114391-Valves-Gabe-Newell-Says-Piracy-Is-a-Service-Problem

I'm even more against piracy than I am region locking.

BKK

This is rubbish, Sony misled nobody, since launch theyve said that the console is region free but publishers have the option to lock it if they want.

They certainly didn't tell consumers that for the first several years at least, unless you can supply any sources to the contrary.

Publishers have always had the option to region lock (though it was explicitly added to the fw ~3.2) but they chose not to. Atlus chose to region lock - Sony have nothing to do with it so saying that its "pretty despicable" of Sony while not mentioning Atlus at all makes it appear you have a weird axe to grind.

You really think publishers have always had the option to region lock PS3 games and yet not a single one ever did in six years? If publishers have that little interest in region locking then why even bother with region locking in the first place?

Regarding the latter half of your post, perhaps you should check your manual? pg 26 and more explicitly pg 50

I no longer have my PS3 launch manual, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't any mention of region locked PS3 games in it. I can't find any information about region locked PS3 games in their online manual either.

BKK

They certainly didn't tell consumers that for the first several years at least, unless you can supply any sources to the contrary.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gdc-06-ps3-games-region-free-movie-music-download-confirmed-6146475

Which makes no mention of publishers having the option to region lock PS3 games.

Harrison also revealed that, like the PSP, all PS3 games would be playable in any region, unlike current-generation games and DVDs. "Software will be region-free, so developers can put games in the TV format of their choice," he said. Films, however, would remain limited to their regions of origin, as with movies released on the PSP's UMD format.

PS3 was touted as region free for games since even before release, so to start allowing publishers to region lock games six years from launch is pretty despicable behaviour from Sony. They never mentioned publishers had this option before, which means consumers have been misled into buying PS3s under the assumption that they were region free when this was never actually the case.

Why haven't Sony even explained how PS3 region locking will work? Does it say in the PS3 manual? Will it be the same as PS2 (three regions), or will there actually be six regions as implied by the region logo on PS3 game cases? Is Asia in the same region as Japan or not? It's very confusing for consumers outside of NA/EU/JP. There really needs to be better communication and clarification from Sony on this matter.

Thats nonsense, its not Sony's fault that this game got region locked. Its absurd to say PS3s are not region free just because of 1 game 6 years in its life. Instead of demanding explanation from Sony you should direct your anger towards Atlus who implemented such thing.

Uthred

Yes, yes they did and to be honest I couldnt be arsed googling for you.

You really think publishers have always had the option to region lock PS3 games and yet not a single one ever did in six years? If publishers have that little interest in region locking then why even bother with region locking in the first place?

I dont think so, thats explicitly how its been. You can deny reality if you wish, but it is how it is.

I no longer have my PS3 launch manual, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't any mention of region locked PS3 games in it. I can't find any information about region locked PS3 games in their online manual either.

You can download a pdf of the manual from the PS website, I even gave you a page reference.

Anyway this is a pointless attempt to derail the thread because you have issues with Sony. This is entirely on Atlus.

PSN titles and DLC are locked to the game region
PS2 games are region locked
PS1 games are region locked
PS Videos are region locked (more effectively than the games)
Some online regions are region locked
Blu-ray movies are typically region locked.
DVDs are region locked
1 PS3 game is now region locked

Sorry if you didn't know what was going on, but the whole 'publishers could region lock but to date chose not to' thing was well know by just about everybody. In the meantime there has been heaps of it going on in one form or the other.

"360 games are locked at the publisher's discretion, PS3 games are region free" was always one of the big differentiators between the systems. Seeing people try to claim otherwise now is pretty amusing.

This is false. PSN titles from all regions are playable on all PS3s. DLC is tied to the same region as the game, but you can still import it if you choose. I'm guessing emulated PS2 games aren't region-locked either.

Emulated no, but the DLC is still locked to the 'region of the game'. There are still restrictions to particular stores, they are just not particularly 'locked' (as the movie service is). Details but the point is there is support there in the PS3 for recognising regions.

I'm sure this was mentioned earlier... but isnt it suppose to be TWO PS3 games are now region-locked? I thought Stranglehold was region locked too, or was that debunked?

Nah Stranglehold is not region locked. It was going to be the first region locked game but there was a shit-storm so they backed down.

No doubt this put off a lot of other devs from doing the same thing...until now.

Well, it's a pretty significant difference since I can still play PSN games from all regions on my system. In the case of Persona 4: Arena I'm forced to either wait for Zen United to release it weeks later or buy a second system.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Nah Stranglehold is not region locked. It was going to be the first region locked game but there was a shit-storm so they backed down.

No doubt this put off a lot of other devs from doing the same thing...until now.

Yeah, just 5 seconds before I refreshed this thread to see you reply, I had the bright idea of searching for a Stranglehold thread here on GAF. Huzzah for search.

Well, it's a pretty significant difference since I can still play PSN games from all regions on my system. In the case of Persona 4: Arena I'm forced to either wait for Zen United to release it weeks later or buy a second system.

You can, and it is extremely unlikely they would change the PSN rules at this point. But they could, and more of a worry for myself, they could make say the PS4 locked down. This is problematic if you have been buying between regions (assuming there was some sort of BC, which is a big *if* anyway).

Certainly it would make sense if they did, because it is well known the pricing on the EU store, especially for Australian's is a joke.

BKK

Thats nonsense, its not Sony's fault that this game got region locked. Its absurd to say PS3s are not region free just because of 1 game 6 years in its life. Instead of demanding explanation from Sony you should direct your anger towards Atlus who implemented such thing.

I bought my PS3 from Sony, not Atlus. Although I'm not pleased with them that they region locked this game either, they shouldn't have had the option in the first place. Technically PS3 is now region locked in the same way as Xbox 360 is.

Yes, yes they did and to be honest I couldnt be arsed googling for you.

It's your claim so it's for you to back it up with sources.

I dont think so, thats explicitly how its been. You can deny reality if you wish, but it is how it is.

How am I denying reality? There wasn't even the technical possibility to region lock PS3 games until Sony quietly added it in a FW update which was discovered by hackers.

You can download a pdf of the manual from the PS website, I even gave you a page reference.

Ok, I found it now, thank you. It says Hong Kong PS3s can play region 3 PS3 discs, which doesn't really explain anything as this is the same regions as used on the game boxes, which are the same as DVD regions;

1 United States, Canada, Bermuda, U.S. territories
2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
3 Southeast Asia, South Korea, Republic of China (Taiwan), Hong Kong, Macau
4 Mexico, South America, Central America, Caribbean, New Zealand, Australia, Papua New Guinea and much of Oceania
5 India, Nepal, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Pakistan, Africa (except Egypt, South Africa, Swaziland, and Lesotho), Central and South Asia, Mongolia, North Korea
6 China

So Japan and Europe are both region 2? Asia is no longer the same region as Japan? Australia is no longer the same region as Europe? Of course none of that makes sense, and I highly doubt they will use the region system that's actually listed on the boxes and in the manual.

Anyway this is a pointless attempt to derail the thread because you have issues with Sony. This is entirely on Atlus.

My posts are entirely ontopic, this thread is about the first PS3 game to be region locked, it's not an Atlus hate thread.

It's your claim so it's for you to back it up with sources.

Look mate, this was discussed like 6 years ago funnily enough

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95015

PS3 has always had the ability to region lock. Sony said that no 1st party games would be region locked and they hoped 3rd parties would do the same. This is still true today.
Also look up the GDC from that year when it was also discussed at length. You might find a lot of broken links because it was so long ago.

http://www.1up.com/features/ps3?pager.offset=1

it was revealed that publishers can choose to make their titles region-free, which is sure to please importers.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
So, related question... anyone would care to guess what would happen if they release P4 Arena as a digital download on the PS3?

I don't think it may not be as clear cut an answer, I mean, sure, as toddhunter pointed out, they "could" lock the digital downloads too, but since they release digital downloads of Japanese PS1 and PS2 games on the Japanese PSN, and they work just fine if you were to go through the trouble of buying them and playing them on a non-JP PS3, even though physical Japanese PS1 and PS2 games won't work in a non-JP system because of region lock.

So, related question... anyone would care to guess what would happen if they release P4 Arena as a digital download on the PS3?

I don't think it may not be as clear cut an answer, I mean, sure, as toddhunter pointed out, they "could" lock the digital downloads too, but since they release digital downloads of Japanese PS1 and PS2 games on the Japanese PSN, and they work just fine if you were to go through the trouble of buying them and playing them on a non-JP PS3, even though physical Japanese PS1 and PS2 games won't work in a non-JP system because of region lock.

Would be quite interesting to see how that would work.

BKK

Look mate, this was discussed like 6 years ago funnily enough

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95015

PS3 has always had the ability to region lock. Sony said that no 1st party games would be region locked and they hoped 3rd parties would do the same. This is still true today.
Also look up the GDC from that year when it was also discussed at length.

Thanks for the link. I'd say it's ambiguous though as he seems to be talking about global content (languages, TV standards) on a single disc rather than region locking specifically.

Edit:

Playstation 3 games will be region-free worldwide!

Question: Are all models of the PS3 going to be region specific. What about the games?

Phil Harrison: The thing that makes the games region free or not is different than what makes the hardware different. With the power voltage and things like that, the hardware will need to be specific to a region. Software, however, will be region free. It’s possible for developers to put all the TV formats – PAL, NTSC, HDTV, and so on – on the disc.

Dantis

So when do we think we'll get a release date from Zen? You'd think it would have to be soon...

I really feel like if they miss August 31st, the game is just gonna bomb in the EU.

Uthred

So when do we think we'll get a release date from Zen? You'd think it would have to be soon...

I really feel like if they miss August 31st, the game is just gonna bomb in the EU.

While the story content looks significant the awesome package that is TTT2 will blow it out of the water if it isnt out before it.

Thanks for the link. I'd say it's ambiguous though as he seems to be talking about global content (languages, TV standards) on a single disc rather than region locking specifically.

Edit:
It's actually more complicated than that in the firmware examples that i've seen there are 11 regions that can be locked..and they don't depend on the bluray region locking or the old dvd/tv region lock system...
i still think i'll be able to find this old pic if asked..

i'm saying that since the beginning...but some people want to downsize the effect of the region lock just because it doesn't affect them ( yet )..
Good luck selling P4A in after tekken and Doa

This seems dumb from all angles.

- They are region-locking because the games are releasing 2 weeks apart? Why not delay or push-up one version?

- Regardless. anyone who can't wait 2 weeks for a game needs to calm the fuck down.

edit: I guess the EU fans are the ones complaining the most. They do have a point but threatening to boycott a company that's been pretty good to fans of niche games seems silly. The explanation given seems legitimate IMO

ps: I didn't plan on buying this game but I will just to offset some of the super-entitled folks who might boycott it lol
They should have totally delayed the American and European version by a month or so. All they need to do is make sure that this doesn't result in a launch to close to EVO. I would have gladly waited until late September if all this region locking BS could be avoided.

Dremark

Banned
I can understand people being uneasy over whatever precedent they think this sets. I can even understand people going out of their way to not buy the game over this. That's kinda extreme, but whatever. But company-wide boycotts and harboring hard feelings for months and years? Stupid as fuck.

I don't recall anyone in this thread saying they were going to outright boycott Atlus itself, I believe just about everyone that said they were boycotting the release of this particular game or at least would do so assuming this is the only region locked PS3 game they put out. If there were people who said otherwise it was a small minority of the boycotters.

Having said that despite my heavy anticipation for this game I'm going to pass on it as well. I believe that a large part of the reason why they region locked the game was to protect their agreement with the European publisher and if it wasn't I see no reason why the Japanese disc would also be region locked. The fact that they claimed that they did not expect a backlash to this shows that they are out of touch with me as a customer and if they actually wanted "to work with us through constructive dialogue" they would have made this known early enough that they could reverse the decision if necessary. Furthermore I find it completely unacceptable as no one else has felt the need to do this, even smaller companies like Arc System Works.

I'm going to cancel my P4A preorder, but I'm still going get Growlanser 4 day one. I think less of them as a publisher now, but as it currently stands it won't stop me from buying any of their other games assuming they don't pull something like this or what they did with Persona 2: Innocent Sin again.

Atlus doesn't exist in the EU, they have every reason to be mad as hell. As for why not delay, if the US version got delayed into, say, November, with TTT2 and DOA out, and TTT2 looking as boss as it is, it might have hurt sales or the delay might have caused folks to not want the game at all (why the Euros are so upset).

I could have sworn you said they were too different in the TTT2 thread and wouldn't effect the sales.

Actually you did: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39854756&postcount=149

Anyway I was planning on picking up both before I saw this thread and I'll agree that TTT2 is looking really good. Actually P4A was too, but I'll stick with BB and VF for an extra month or so to bridge the gap until TTT2 hits.

BKK

It's actually more complicated than that in the firmware examples that i've seen there are 11 regions that can be locked..and they don't depend on the bluray region locking or the old dvd/tv region lock system...
i still think i'll be able to find this old pic if asked..

Right there are 11 different hardware regions, but those just determine BD, DVD, PS1 regions etc.

00 Japan (DVD:2/BD:A/PS:JPN)
01 USA/Canada (DVD:1/BD:A/PS:USA)
02 Australia/New Zealand (DVD:4/BD:B/PS:EUR)
03 UK/Ireland (DVD:2/BD:B/PS:EUR)
04 Europe/Middle East/South Africa (DVD:2/BD:B/PS:EUR)
05 Korea (DVD:3/BD:A/PS:JPN)
06 Southeast Asia (DVD:3/BD:A/PS:JPN)
07 Taiwan (DVD:3/BD:A/PS:JPN)
08 Russia/India (DVD:5/BD:C/PS:EUR)
11 Latin America (DVD:4/BD:A/PS:USA)
12 Hong Kong (DVD:3/BD:A/PS:JPN)

The issue comes with the region coding listed on PS3 game boxes, if we go by those then the Japanese version of P4:A should be compatible with European PS3s as they are both region 2.

I also think Sony deserves some blame here. They shouldn't allow even the option of region locking. If some pub like Atlus doesn't like it, then tell them to deal with it or go somewhere else.

Emulated no, but the DLC is still locked to the 'region of the game'. There are still restrictions to particular stores, they are just not particularly 'locked' (as the movie service is). Details but the point is there is support there in the PS3 for recognising regions.

That's not what region locking is. Except for this game, you can run any ps3 software (retail or downloaded) from any region on any region ps3.

Jucksalbe

Banned
The issue comes with the region coding listed on PS3 game boxes, if we go by those then the Japanese version of P4:A should be compatible with European PS3s as they are both region 2.

If only. That way I could buy the European version and play it on both of my consoles. But I guess this will be more like the old PS1/PS2 regions. I hope Zen United (or Atlus, if they know) will clarify that sometime.

BKK

This also has the possibility of making PS3 modchips legal in countries like Australia as long as one of their uses is to circumvent region locking. Sony successfully had PS Jailbreak banned from Australia thanks in part to PS3 being region free, but they may not have as much luck with the courts next time.

Infinite

This also has the possibility of making PS3 modchips legal in countries like Australia as long as one of their uses is to circumvent region locking. Sony successfully had PS Jailbreak banned from Australia thanks in part to PS3 being region free, but they may not have as much luck with the courts next time.

This is one game.

Dremark

Banned
I also think Sony deserves some blame here. They shouldn't allow even the option of region locking. If some pub like Atlus doesn't like it, then tell them to deal with it or go somewhere else.

Considering that none of the other current platforms are region free I find it very difficult to fault that policy especially since we've ended up with a total of 2 region locked games from Sony's 3 most recent platforms.

Having said that I don't have an issue with MS using that policy either although I'd rather the publishers not region lock their discs. I ended up buying a Japanese 360 rather than a US one as my main purpose for getting one was to play Cave's games. There is only one game I would have purchased but did not due to the US disc being locked and ironically it's also a game that Atlus put out.

kunonabi

I don't recall anyone in this thread saying they were going to outright boycott Atlus itself, I believe just about everyone that said they were boycotting the release of this particular game or at least would do so assuming this is the only region locked PS3 game they put out. If there were people who said otherwise it was a small minority of the boycotters.

Having said that despite my heavy anticipation for this game I'm going to pass on it as well. I believe that a large part of the reason why they region locked the game was to protect their agreement with the European publisher and if it wasn't I see no reason why the Japanese disc would also be region locked. The fact that they claimed that they did not expect a backlash to this shows that they are out of touch with me as a customer and if they actually wanted "to work with us through constructive dialogue" they would have made this known early enough that they could reverse the decision if necessary. Furthermore I find it completely unacceptable as no one else has felt the need to do this, even smaller companies like Arc System Works.

I'm going to cancel my P4A preorder, but I'm still going get Growlanser 4 day one. I think less of them as a publisher now, but as it currently stands it won't stop me from buying any of their other games assuming they don't pull something like this or what they did with Persona 2: Innocent Sin again.

I could have sworn you said they were too different in the TTT2 thread and wouldn't effect the sales.

Actually you did: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39854756&postcount=149

Anyway I was planning on picking up both before I saw this thread and I'll agree that TTT2 is looking really good. Actually P4A was too, but I'll stick with BB and VF for an extra month or so to bridge the gap until TTT2 hits.

What did they do to Innocent Sin?

Right there are 11 different hardware regions, but those just determine BD, DVD, PS1 regions etc.

00 Japan (DVD:2/BD:A/PS:JPN)
01 USA/Canada (DVD:1/BD:A/PS:USA)
02 Australia/New Zealand (DVD:4/BD:B/PS:EUR)
03 UK/Ireland (DVD:2/BD:B/PS:EUR)
04 Europe/Middle East/South Africa (DVD:2/BD:B/PS:EUR)
05 Korea (DVD:3/BD:A/PS:JPN)
06 Southeast Asia (DVD:3/BD:A/PS:JPN)
07 Taiwan (DVD:3/BD:A/PS:JPN)
08 Russia/India (DVD:5/BD:C/PS:EUR)
11 Latin America (DVD:4/BD:A/PS:USA)
12 Hong Kong (DVD:3/BD:A/PS:JPN)

Except no , the lock system the ps3 uses doesn't go by the old region coding but by hardware region.

See this :

I've removed the original owner tag as i don't want to make any kind of ad toward a website where there is lots of piracy stuff but the information is accurate

The lock is by hardware region... when it comes for ps3 games...

Uthred

Did you read the post I quoted?

I did, but the fact that its one game isnt particularly relevant. If the situation is as the poster you responded to presents it i.e. modchips are illegal in Oz because the PS3 is region free then one game that contravenes it could be sufficient - assuming the decision is binary i.e. it being a "little" region locked doesnt count

BKK

Except no , the lock system the ps3 uses doesn't go by the old region coding but by hardware region.

See this :

The lock is by hardware region... when it comes for ps3 games...

Right, but that doesn't preclude them from allowing multiple hardware models from one region.

Example 1 (Same as PS1/PS2 regions);

J=00,05,06,07,12 allowed
U=01,11 allowed
E=02,03,04,08 allowed

Example 2 (actual region coding listed on PS3 games and in manual);

1=00 allowed
2=00,03,04 allowed
3=05,06,07,12 allowed
4=02,11 allowed
5=08 allowed

I don't imagine a situation where they actually split it into eleven different regions.

I did, but the fact that its one game isnt particularly relevant. If the situation is as the poster you responded to presents it i.e. modchips are illegal in Oz because the PS3 is region free then one game that contravenes it could be sufficient - assuming the decision is binary i.e. it being a "little" region locked doesnt count
it create a regular reason as of why the old judgement doesn't work anymore ( because even if it's one game it's a game that exist ).
Climax Theater content was removed from the game. See the thread linked below for more information.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446732

That wasn't what I was referring to.
Exactly what happenned here ... They don't talk on things they know people will complain unless asked ... they have a "don't tell unless asked" policy ...

and this trend will continue ...

Right, but that doesn't preclude them from allowing multiple hardware models from one region.

Example 1 (Same as PS1/PS2 regions);

J=00,05,06,07,12 allowed
U=01,11 allowed
E=02,03,04,08 allowed

Example 2 (actual region coding listed on PS3 games and in manual);

1=00 allowed
2=00,03,04 allowed
3=05,06,07,12 allowed
4=02,11 allowed
5=08 allowed

I don't imagine a situation where they actually split it into eleven different regions.
you're right but because it's by hardware regions , they can also choose not to .

Meaning that they can make a japanese version with japan & hongkong
A Us version with only north america & south america
and a Eur version with Aus/eur

Any possibility is there , this isn't just a "DVD region 2 so it will work" scénario....

The fact is that european people can't even import the japanese version..if this was a dvd they could.

I wouldn't stress because it isn't true. One particular PS3 mod chip was banned because it had Sony code or some other nonsense. It had nothing to do with region locking and you can buy PS3 mod chips today. As such there is nothing to overturn, and a PS3 game being region locked now means little at this stage.

Infinite

That wasn't what I was referring to.

Sorry.

seems like a stretch to convince courts to make the sale of chips legal in Australia for the purpose of playing one game which will probably come out there anyway.

I wouldn't stress because it isn't true. One particular PS3 mod chip was banned because it had Sony code or some other nonsense. It had nothing to do with region locking and you can buy PS3 mod chips today.

oh welp

BKK

I wouldn't stress because it isn't true. One particular PS3 mod chip was banned because it had Sony code or some other nonsense. It had nothing to do with region locking and you can buy PS3 mod chips today.

AFAIK it never came with any code on it, that had to be downloaded. It was banned for enabling copyright infringement, and the modchip importer was unable to use region locking circumvention as a defence. It became largely redundant once an open source version was released not long after though.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...hack-already-circumvented-20100906-14x35.html

Westlo

i'm saying that since the beginning...but some people want to downsize the effect of the region lock just because it doesn't affect them ( yet )..
Good luck selling P4A in after tekken and Doa

Exactly, and this is a niche game in the first place, any chance it had would've been prior to Tekken/DOA. I'm sure it will still get some sales from Persona fans in regards to the story aspect, but as far as fighting games go it's doa. And it's a shame since it's regarded as quite a good fighting game too..

Uthred

What?

I have tons of JP PSN/PS1 games on my PS3, they all work fine and I've never had a problem..

Did you download then with a JPN account? I think what he meant was that PSN & DLC are "region locked" to their respective accounts psn region e.g. I have downloaded stuff from the US psn and the JPN psn and it runs fine on my ps3 (a euro machine) so the machine itself doesnt region lock. But if I import a JPN/US game I couldnt buy dlc for it on the euro psn, I'd need to use the psn correpsonding to the games country of origin.

Top Bottom