• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax Spoilers Thread - SHO me your spoilers

Persona-4-Arena-Ultimax-Logo.png

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING OR READING THROUGH THE THREAD: This Thread contain spoilers for Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax, along with may contain spoilers for any and all Persona Series games, so proceed with caution into the arena of spoilers.
This thread is being made ahead of time of the OT for anyone who imported or lives over in Japan who wanted to discuss spoilers of the game's story mode and such.
If you wandered in here by accident thinking this was the OT, don't worry Aigis can show you the way ou-
Persona4Ultimax.jpg

Anyways....This thread is a place for discussion of Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax, so feel free to discuss the story episode, any favorite character moments in the game or of the DLC episode starring you know who.
kvJVjoj.jpg

Anyways discuss away

A reminder for everyone: Please try keep the discussion civil

Dugna

Aww so Makoto confirmed to not be involved =/ ?

Anyhow looks like we got one of those weird full room bosses again like the end of BBCP

GSR

It's Ikusuki.

No Nyarly or Minato either for those who care.

NkODbQX.png

I know all this latest stuff has been P3/P4-focused, but it'd be nice for at least a little connection to P1/P2. Though I guess Nyar being the big bad would be more than a "little".

Honestly, after BBCP, another giant boss whose head is the only thing you can damage is kinda the last thing I wanted for a last boss again :|

And if it really is Ikutsuki then that's a disappointment x 2

Xenoflare

Honestly, after BBCP, another giant boss whose head is the only thing you can damage is kinda the last thing I wanted for a last boss again :|

And if it really is Ikutsuki then that's a disappointment x3

To be honest BBCP isn't the first fighting game that featured a giant boss.

Melty Blood Actress Again had it too.

I'd say take the Ikutsuki thing with a grain of salt and all we have are people who have ripped the cutscenes, thats it. Oh and one guy playing it but isnt saying much.

Xenoflare

I know giant fighting game bosses are a common thing. They also happen to be a common thing I don't like in fighting games.

True dat... it adds nothing but frustration since a lot of them require you to stay airborne. Regular ground combos won't even work. Bonus if the boss knows extremely damaging push away supers that has a instant startup if you are too close

Dugna

True dat... it adds nothing but frustration since a lot of them require you to stay airborne. Regular ground combos won't even work. Bonus if the boss knows extremely damaging push away supers that has a instant startup if you are too close

Usually, well atleast in the case of BBCP, you have to use some close range character like Ragna/Jin/Noel to finish it off making it even more annoying

BossRush

Man, I know Ikutsuki would make sense, cause like maybe shadow ikutsuki, or something. But I REALLY don't want it to be him. What a not fun villain.

Weiss

Banned
I have no words.

I mean, it was totally supposed to be Nyarlathotep, right? ME and Nyarly had the same voice actor and seiyuu, he appears as shadow forms of the protagonists, he can alter reality, he taunts them in very operatic ways, much like Nyarlathotep did, he masquerades as Sho's Persona (or am I wrong on that), he creates shadow doppelgangers of the heroes, just like he does in P2, and Shadow Aigis has a black butterfly in her opening animation, which is supposed to be tied to Nyarlathotep.

I earnestly think that it was originally going to be Nyarlathotep, but the P2 ports didn't sell well enough.

And, come on, Ikutsuki? The impetus for the heroes of Persona 3 and 4 teaming up is a mullet who makes puns? He wasn't even that significant a villain in P3 anyway.

Gazoinks

And, come on, Ikutsuki? The impetus for the heroes of Persona 3 and 4 teaming up is a mullet who makes puns? He wasn't even that significant a villain in P3 anyway.

Sho makes puns, Ikutsuki makes puns. It all makes sense!

I do hope it's not him though, that's kind of an underwhelming reveal.

Oooh a spoiler thread, I'll be sure to keep an eye on thi-

Please don't tell me we're gonna have another big boss fight like BBCP in here

Dugna

Now I'm seeing some pics of General Teddie holding Sho by his head while having a dark aura around himself.

P3 story mode ends with Aigis failing to beat that fire monster.

P4 story mode ends with Yu beating it.

Makoto's soul finally rests.

Sho turns good.

Rise's persona changes form after battling Elizabeth and Thanatos.

No hidden characters

Setsu00

P3 story mode ends with Aigis failing to beat that fire monster.

P4 story mode ends with Yu beating it.

Makoto's soul finally rests.

Sho turns good.

Rise's persona changes form after battling Elizabeth and Thanatos.

No hidden characters

That fire monster aka Eva Unit-01 is Kagutsuchi.

Sophia

I recommend taking any spoilers with a grain of salt, assuming they don't have obvious proof. Lots of blatantly fake spoilers being mixed up with potentially true but misreported spoilers. :\

I'm curious to see what role Kagutsuchi has in all of this.

Top Bottom