• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 now on North American PSN as a PS2 Classic - $9.99

Nothing wrong, it's a better version. Added Aeon and Jester Arcanas.

Plus it has

p4g_screens_adayinthe7hu67.jpg

One of the cutest NPCs that you can date in the game.

what? normal version doesnt have Marie? worthless purchase then :D

She's the literal worst part of that game. So bad that I would prefer to play the objectively inferior version of that game just so I don't have to hear her.

Hm, hadn't realized Chie got a new voice for golden...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA4HypitVLI

That is bad... Maybe not the voice... but the acting... Then again, Chie's acting from regular wasn't any better. Maybe Atlus just has a terrible voice director? Then Yuri Lowenthal doesn't sound bad... but then again he's actually a professional voice actor...

ohlawd

Chie's voice was terrible at first but you get used to it.

Erin's voice is a miss on a lot of people. She's Agnes from Bravely Default, Trisha (girl with the afro) from Catherine iirc, Teepo from Tales of Xillia... uhh yeah. I think she's aight.

Jamix012

Can you please elaborate?

Sorry I was AFK. The numbers come from mid 2009 and cover a 6 month period for which Persona 4 was not released in Europe. The game was also still in print until 2012 (or at least late 2011) as I remember seeing new copies supplied by amazon and other retailers up to that point (when I bought my copy.)

People seem to think I'm trying to put down what P4G has achieved, no it did fantastically, but there's no proof it did better than the original P4. I platinumed the game and spent 120 hours on it, so I don't have some sort of alternative agenda. But people keep saying all over the forum that P4G outsold P4 without any proof whatsoever.

Because people decided to shout at me on the internet, I looked at the stupid site that tends to be stupidly innaccurate just to see out of curiosity which side they take. They seem to think I'm right, but again they're accuracy tends to be off. Truthfully, neither side has proof, but again neither side has sources and there is so much pre-mature rejoicing for P4G being the best selling Persona game when there's no proof for that. All this has shown me is that Vita "enthusiasts" are a little too enthusiastic.

Petrie

Banned
I need the damn Vita TV to come so I can enjoy Golden on the tv with my girlfriend. She liked watching on Vita but it got annoying quick.

The Golden/PSN version split is going to be a P3P/FES holy war again isn't it?

Direct control vs animu cutscenes
Fast Foward vs 'real Chie.'

Way too late. Golden outclasses it completely. There's no way I'd ever go back to the original.

Golden has new social links, new events, new cutscenes, new characters, new locations, a new dungeon, a better post-battle chance game, and fusing Personas has been made far simpler (you can now choose which abilities are inherited, rather than it being randomly determined, forcing you to repeatedly back out and open up the menu again).

Persona 4 Golden is worth owning a Vita for. Even if only temporarily. I bought a Vita just to play P4G, and sold it afterwards. Do that, or just grab some other Vita games.

Saying Chie's new voice actor makes the Golden the inferior game is fucking stupid. Before I bought the game, I saw a video of one scene in particular that made me cringe (the part where she freaks out after Yu and Yosuke get lost for a bit), but that was the only scene I had a problem with her. The rest of the tine, she was fine, and I stopped noticing very fast.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Golden/PSN version split is going to be a P3P/FES holy war again isn't it?

Direct control vs animu cutscenes
Fast Foward vs 'real Chie.'
With P3P, it's debatable (although P3P is clearly the superior version because of FeMC), but with Golden there's no debate. It literally plays better as a game, which is the most important part isn't it?

Hollycat

With FES, it's debatable (although FES is clearly the superior version because of FeMC), but with Golden there's no debate. It literally plays better as a game, which is the most important part isn't it?

I think you got your data backwards here pardner. P3P plays better than FES and has a FeMC. It just doesn't have animated cutscenes and the Answer. Not saying people can't have their own favorites of the two, but you had them backwards.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think you got your data backwards here pardner. P3P plays better than FES and has a FeMC. It just doesn't have animated cutscenes and the Answer. Not saying people can't have their own favorites of the two, but you had them backwards.
Yes, I edited my post. lol
P3P is the superior game, Golden is the definitive game.

It also lacks an explorable over world or in-game cutscenes using the models.

LX_Theo

Banned
Sorry I was AFK. The numbers come from mid 2009 and cover a 6 month period for which Persona 4 was not released in Europe. The game was also still in print until 2012 (or at least late 2011) as I remember seeing new copies supplied by amazon and other retailers up to that point (when I bought my copy.)

People seem to think I'm trying to put down what P4G has achieved, no it did fantastically, but there's no proof it did better than the original P4. I platinumed the game and spent 120 hours on it, so I don't have some sort of alternative agenda. But people keep saying all over the forum that P4G outsold P4 without any proof whatsoever.

Because people decided to shout at me on the internet, I looked at the stupid site that tends to be stupidly innaccurate just to see out of curiosity which side they take. They seem to think I'm right, but again they're accuracy tends to be off. Truthfully, neither side has proof, but again neither side has sources and there is so much pre-mature rejoicing for P4G being the best selling Persona game when there's no proof for that. All this has shown me is that Vita "enthusiasts" are a little too enthusiastic.
You assume Europe had a significant supply and demand.

You assume it had to have new copies because they were in print (when it was more likely to be selling what was left of stock, games would never be in print that long, especially a niche game like P4)

Every piece of evidence available suggests it has done better. You are literally ignoring the many links thrown at you. Of course you're acting like you have an agenda.

Your next mistake was looking at ******** (apparently its censored, lol) at all.

The other side has thrown a ton of proof at you. You've ignored it or tried to wish it away with logical fallacies.

I think you're somehow assuming the sales of P4 over its second 6 months would somehow be comparable to its first 6 months. That is silly and never the case.

Not to mention, I see you've shown your agenda with your last sentence there...

Tomodachi

What's the point in getting P3P when you can get Persona 3 FES on PS3 now that it's out as a PS2 Classic? Really people, don't get P3P, it's definitely the worst version of P3.

Nothing worth arguing with here, although some people really like the Answer for some reason.

More like people like FMVs, exploration as opposed to a few menus and the whole story?

Gbraga

I hate The Answer but I still prefer the PS2 version. Can't give up walking around and anime cutscenes. Having a FeMC is awesome though.

Hollycat

It also lacks an explorable over world or in-game cutscenes using the models.

The cutscenes are the bigger loss here, although neither one is significant. You don't really lose much by not being able to walk around. In fact, the P3P version is faster.

What's the point in getting P3P when you can get Persona 3 FES on PS3 now that it's out as a PS2 Classic? Really people, don't get P3P, it's definitely the worst version of P3.

Have you played it? The female MC is much more interesting, gets different social links, gets to view things from a different perspective, etc. If you really like the answer fine, but how can P3P possibly be worse than the original? It even has better combat than the other versions.

bwahahaha P3 FES >>>>>> P3P any day of the week. FeMC is forgettable.

Not only is she forgettable but she doesn't even fit the tone of the game. She's so out of place. One thing I've noticed with both P3P and Golden is that they add certain elements that just don't fit the original vision of the games in my opinion. Some of the new events in Golden are just...no. Some are great though, like the Ski Trip.

Gbraga

P3P also adds some great music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd6MW-XhO5I

P3 FES is the best version, but if you already played the original P3 I think P3P is a better complement.

Soul Phrase was introduced in P3P too, wasn't it? I love that song.

Breakin Through is still the superior Kita Shuuhei Persona song

FeMC was a nice change of pace, as opposed to Yosuke telling me this everyday

9RE7t52.jpg

its true but cmon

It's called videogames, Yosuke, the place where all your dreams come true.

Top Bottom