• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allbrancooke

Neo Member
Hey guys. Anyone going to TGS? What stage is the Persona events happening on? Or any stage schedule would do. I'm a bit confused on where things are happening.

Beckx

seems like it's blocking more than just the canned anime cutscenes since "cannot take screenshot now" just came up when a trophy popped in the in-engine cutscene following a combat sequence.

actually now that i think about it, i don't ever remember seeing "recording resumed" pop up on Shouta's stream after the initial "recording blocked" that appeared a few minutes in.

Shoeless

PS4 version is 30fps BTW.

But it feels smooth. UI is snappy as you can imagine from videos.

Very interested to see whether or not this means Atlus has to include a Pro mode for the Western release, and, if so, how they'll bump up performance, or whether Sony will let it slide since it technically did launch before the Pro mode became mandatory.

FreeMufasa

How much is this selling for at the major stores in Japan? Got a pre-order on Amazon Japan(¥7,400) but they still ain't shipped it. If it's about the same at most stores I'll cancel now and pick it up tomorrow morning.

seems like it's blocking more than just the canned anime cutscenes since "cannot take screenshot now" just came up when a trophy popped in the in-engine cutscene following a combat sequence.

actually now that i think about it, i don't ever remember seeing "recording resumed" pop up on Shouta's stream after the initial "recording blocked" that appeared a few minutes in.

Yeah looking around it seems like it might block recording after a few minutes, I've seen a couple of PS4 streams that are just showing the blocked recording thing.

Jiraiza

From what I've seen, the PS4 recording function blocks all animated cutscenes. Same thing happens with Berseria's cutscenes, even the opening. I imagine the same applies to Persona.

The entire OST is uploaded on YouTube now. Not going to link to it out of respect for those who can wait for the in-game experience, but man. Music is sooooo good!

213372bu

Banned
Going in and out of battles is so slick.

Summoning your persona before choosing a skill is slick.

Cannnn't wait for an English release.

If it's 30 fps on both consoles, I'm just going to get the PS3 version as long as it's otherwise fine. If anyone gets their hands on a PS3 copy please post impressions, :)

_Ryo_

PS3 NA version seems like itd be the "definitive" version.

Amost the same quality as Ps4 version + inevitable undub mod.

213372bu

Banned
PS3 NA version seems like itd be the "definitive" version.

Amost the same quality as Ps4 version + inevitable undub mod.

PS4 looks way sharper and less blurry.

I'd take the non-Vaseline version and wait until Atlus responds back on the dub situation.

Not that my first playthrough won't be with the inevitably great English cast.

artsi

IQ in PS4 version is very good though, I like how sharp it looks.
The art style might be simplistic / anime, but it's still a good looking game with ton of detail in the world.

Man, the atmosphere, it's just perfect.
I could hang all night in the cafe doing nothing but listen the music.

So is the UI running at 30 FPS, too? I remember it looking like it was running at 60 in one of the videos I watched, but I could be mistaken.

Yo this game looks fucking tight. Tight music. Tight artistic direction. Tight models. Tight dungeons. Tight menus. Super tight. Tight tight tight.

Throwing out that a ton of "impressions" are from people who just looked at spoilers out of context.

Same BS w/ XV. I don't know how either of these games will turn out, but pre-judging based on out-of-context spoilers is odd to me. Long RPGs live and die by story flow and accumulation, not by some tiresome tv-tropes-style sophomoric analysis of a stripped down plot summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom