• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muteki

I think it may be separate as 4gamer is saying that the theme+avatar sets are 200y each. Here are the rest.

Goddamn. Is that theme the one included in the 20th Anniversary Edition?
None of those look like the picture we had when the Anniversary edition was announced, if it is still anything to go by:
ws000830.jpg

Shengar

Technically I could 23 minutes ago. But again, I'm still in class

Also hi Sheng <3. Sorry I lost my drive to progress in MHX so fast. I still got over 100 hours but I burned out way faster than MH4U.

This isn't fair orz

Wish I could burned out fast too cause I can't play any other game right now despite myself feels it become rather stale

Pachimari

Oh, Shouta will translate now it seems. He just forgot to push in the push-to-talk button while translating lmao. I appreciate your work and streaming! :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I will watch the streams for a bit and hopefully someone comes and knocks me the fuck out when i watch too much.

Someone asked if you can pause anime cutscenes to read subtitles.

Yes, you can :p

Given that the game blocks the ps4 recorder during anime scenes, this is very good news.

Although I'm way better at understanding voiced dialog than unvoiced text, so maybe it won't be an issue.

Confirmation that the dialog log is text with voice replay. So if your oral japanese skill is better than your reading skill, it helps.

barybll

Banned
I should probably avoid this thread until I get home
Its not making the wait any easier and certainly not making time go faster

Sn4ke_911

Please enjoy the game for us dirty Americans and Europeans! Have fun :)

I hope nobody enjoys it and thinks it's the worst game ever so the wait isn't so painful :/

Can we do that GAF? only talk about negative impressions not a single positive word about this game. kthxbye

bro-franklin-o.gif

Everything I'm hearing is perfect. My reading isn't very fast unless know the words already but voice and text replay is perfect for those super fast talk scenes.

Confirmation that the dialog log is text with voice replay. So if your oral japanese skill is better than your reading skill, it helps.

YO, WE [FURTHER] IN THERE.

I hope nobody enjoys it and thinks it's the worst game ever so the wait isn't so painful :/

Can we do that GAF? only talk about negative impressions not a single positive word about this game. kthxbye

Absolutely. I fucking hate how you can't customize your main character. Like, his hairstyle and facial features. The gruff, bald protagonist is so overdone. And giant shoulder armor bigger than his head? Seriously? What is this, World of Warcraft?

Oh, what? This isn't a Lords of the Fallen LTTP?

Setsu00

Can someone PM me when we find out if same-sex romances are possible? Please don't tell me the name of the character, just if it's in or not.

Also, have fun everyone!

ar4757

I'm still not over it. My hype's been shat on rather by having the end of a 100hr game spoiled. Trying to reassure myself that there must be more and that 4 words cannot spoil a game.

Goddamn. Is that theme the one included in the 20th Anniversary Edition?

____ is the killer

or in this case

____ is the culprit?

Puruzi

Banned
How much of the music has vocals, and does anyone know the names of the songs with them. I love the vocal tracks in the persona games

Pachimari

I like the Prior History feature, so that if you have been away for some time, you can reminisce and get up to speed quickly on what has happened up until now.

His smartphone also looks interesting, if we can use all those apps?

Sn4ke_911

PS4 version is 30fps BTW.

But it feels smooth.

See that is what im talking about. First disappointment. Keep em coming.

YO, WE [FURTHER] IN THERE.

Absolutely. I fucking hate how you can't customize your main character. Like, his hairstyle and facial features. The gruff, bald protagonist is so overdone. And giant shoulder armor bigger than his head? Seriously? What is this, World of Warcraft?

Oh, what? This isn't a Lords of the Fallen LTTP?

Thank you. I needed that.

notaskwid

Thankfully those of us living here know how to get the game at prices better than that. Like I said before I can't even remember the last time I paid retail price for a game in a Japanese store since most cut the price down almost always. Having said that it is a crazy high retail price for a game and all. Even the discounted prices are a bit high too. But it could be worse, just look at the prices for anime blurays and music cds here.
I do realize that stores don't usually charge full retail price, but that price seems higher that the usual high retail price, hence the Atlus tax.
As for anime stuff price, it's small industry supported by a even smaller fringe of customers that are willing to pay those prices. And it's not like most of that stuff can't be rented.

Can someone PM me when we find out if same-sex romances are possible? Please don't tell me the name of the character, just if it's in or not.

Also, have fun everyone!

You know I was going to make a boring comment about how difficult it will be to avoid this thread before the game releases in the West, but I actually want to know this. Then I'll bail for good.

Honestly, I doubt it. Japan is way behind on good LGBT representation in its media.

artsi

More like that one OP banned, lol.

Then again, I was dumb enough to be tricked by the youtube thing so, guilty as charged.

I was actually not that sure myself even as I was playing the game.

It's pretty slow paced and feels very smooth and snappy, 30fps doesn't bother me at all despite me being a PC gamer primarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom