• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went digital! I'm trying to go all digital this gen. There's a game store 2 mins from my apartment where I could have reserved the LE or whatever, but decided against it.
I'm pretty much all digital as far as PC games go (except for some cool CE/LEs), but not yet on consoles. That may or may not change when I'll get a PS4.

I'm waiting for the LE. I want the goodies of course plus no benefit getting it at midnight tonight for me as I have work tomorrow anyway and need sleep. I'll be happy to be able to play when I get home tomorrow and my copy will be there delivered ready for me and all to play. I'm just glad the release date is just before not only a three day weekend here in Japan, but also an extra holiday next Thursday too. So plenty of time to play the next week for me thankfully.
Well, that's not fair. Mine won't arrive that quickly, that's for certain :p

I'm in the same boat as you. Amazon.jp says my LE should be here on the 18th at the earliest.
I ordered from a different website, but waiting is waiting. If they ship it today as they should (it's "in preparation" as of now), and it takes the estimated time (3-4 days), I should get it around the 20th. That is, if customs don't delay it further. At least with the tracking I should be able to tell where it is. At least I'll know.

ranmafan

Well, that's not fair. Mine won't arrive that quickly, that's for certain :p

Well it's a benefit of living in Japan. Plus I had to pay a little extra for release date shipping. But yeah around this time tomorrow I'll be on my way home to play it and all. Can't wait!

Darksol

Went to the store with my preorder slip hoping I'd get someone half asleep who didn't look at the release date being tomorrow. No such luck.

Rutger

Banned
So, how many here are going digital? How many are lucky enough to be able to buy it in a store nearby? And how many have to wait like me for the LE to arrive? I'm curious :D

I'm waiting, but for the standard edition. The LE is double the price and I'd rather wait for a full P5 OST and a better artbook. I'd also like to keep many of the digital games I have on my PS3 now.

I can wait a few more days.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Just got an email that my 20th Anniversary Edition has been shipped by Play-Asia, sweet.

artsi

I made a quick sketch today to celebrate the release :p

uPTmT7O.jpg

EDIT: A slightly better composition

Xanathus

Any word yet on the technical differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions? All I see so far is that they have different resolutions but I wonder about the framerate and load times.

Any word yet on the technical differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions? All I see so far is that they have different resolutions but I wonder about the framerate and load times.

PS4 version is higher res and I think it has higher quality textures, too? Evidence points to the framerate being 30 on both.

Guru-Guru

Banned
2.5 hours. Changed my game plan. If I stay up to midnight and play, I am going to feel incredibly guilty/awful as work approaches...Instead going to bed now, and waking up at 5 to get in 2.5 hours before work!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
About 25 hours to go for me

Does anyone know if network functionality is going to require a PS+ subscription?

Just a PSA to folks unaware - cutscenes and such have leaked and malicious people on twitter are DMing and tweeting spoilers at people. Also, I'd recommend avoiding all comments sections - I was spoiled on the game's ending by a YouTube comment during the Sony Japan conference yesterday.

Stay safe out there.

Beckx

i think i'm going to call my guy Hiro Protagonist

主人公 ヒーロー

ranmafan

holy shit Atlus tax is real

Thankfully those of us living here know how to get the game at prices better than that. Like I said before I can't even remember the last time I paid retail price for a game in a Japanese store since most cut the price down almost always. Having said that it is a crazy high retail price for a game and all. Even the discounted prices are a bit high too. But it could be worse, just look at the prices for anime blurays and music cds here.

This week is amazing; iOS10, koe no katachi, persona 5, tgs, and a three day weekend? This Friday night,I'll just be playing this game.

I have the special edition pre ordered and it should be coming tomorrow night...which I don't think I'll make it in time to pick up. I'll be avoiding the persona 5 thread until I beat the game, which will probably take me months.

Z3M0G

Just under 12 hours. Pretty surreal. I don't even remember where I was at in life when this was announced it was so long ago. Well, not that long, but the (last minutes) delays made it feel like forever.

I was 21, in a different city, different girlfriend, different job, different life :eek:

I'm picking up the LE tomorrow at my local store. Unfortunately, I teach tomorrow so I won't be able to play until 6 pm or so. I still have 30 hours to go :(

I'm jelly of you digital folk but Persona only comes once a decade -- I want the physical shit this time.

I don't remember where I was when P5 was first announced, but I am a very different person now than 8 years ago. I mean, when I played P4 I was just about to graduate college...

This game was announced 8 years ago??? I would have thought 3 at most...

I assume it was "announced", silence for 5 years, then first actual trailer?

hughesta

Banned
This game was announced 8 years ago??? I would have thought 3 at most...

I assume it was "announced", silence for 5 years, then first actual trailer?
not quite. Persona 4 was released in 2008... I don't think P5 was ever officially announced until 2013.

Z3M0G

not quite. Persona 4 was released in 2008... I don't think P5 was ever officially announced until 2013.

Ok that makes much more sense...

I just finished P4 about a month ago (took me 4 years to finish, currently playing P3P), so I don't feel that 8 year pain. I'm sure this must feel amazing for those of you.

Acosta

Before trying to stay 5 frigging months in P5 absolute lockdown, let me say how much I hate you.

Hope you enjoy it :_(

Sakura

30 more minutes until emancipation!!!

i think i'm going to call my guy Hiro Protagonist

主人公 ヒーロー

You can only fit 3 characters in the name.

So, how many here are going digital? How many are lucky enough to be able to buy it in a store nearby? And how many have to wait like me for the LE to arrive? I'm curious :D
I could buy it in a store nearby release day, but that means having to wait until tomorrow to play it and fuck that.

B00TE

My preorder on Play-Asia got pushed back, shipping Monday now apparently. I'm fine with that, this was a last second thing and it turns out I have to work most of the weekend now anyway. >_>

Beckx

30 more minutes until emancipation!!!

You can only fit 3 characters in the name.

ヒロ will still work as a Neal Stephenson joke i guess (maybe even better?), but it's going to bug me. boo.

oh, i just thought of something...are they using the PS4's OS keyboard for name entry or a custom one? if it's the former i probably need to figure out how to change over my settings to get a japanese language entry on my OS keyboard.

Sakura

ヒロ will still work as a Neal Stephenson joke i guess (maybe even better?), but it's going to bug me. boo.

oh, i just thought of something...are they using the PS4's OS keyboard for name entry or a custom one? if it's the former i probably need to figure out how to change over my settings to get a japanese language entry on my OS keyboard.

I want to say it was their own, but I can't remember.

Since we're talking about names, I'm going for 影山海翔, Kageyama Kaito. Because it sounds cool and I like these kanji (which are in order: shadow, mountain, sea, fly).

Less than 10 minutes until glory, and I'm still in class for 3 more hours. Would be 4, but I'm skipping my last class.

Tempted to go home, play for an hour, then come back for my class in 2 hours. Buuuut I know that'll be incredibly unsatisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom