• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

Depending on what retailer you get the game from, there will be different bonuses. Amazon's I believe is some themes and avatars.

Thanks for the response. I'm actually thinking about getting the 20th Anniversary Famitsu DX edition but the 20th Anniversary Amazon edition is a separate listing so I guess no extra Amazon items then?

WE IN THERE FAM.

Have it preloaded on the PS4. I ended up double dipping after buying the super crazy Japanese CE because I'm a fool.

LET'S DO THIS.

Sakura

Thanks for the response. I'm actually thinking about getting the 20th Anniversary Famitsu DX edition but the 20th Anniversary Amazon edition is a separate listing so I guess no extra Amazon items then?

If it doesn't say on the product page for that edition that it includes them, then I would say it doesn't include them. But the Amazon bonus is kind of rubbish anyway.

Blueblur1

If it doesn't say on the product page for that edition that it includes them, then I would say it doesn't include them. But the Amazon bonus is kind of rubbish anyway.

Yeah, its separate. And you're right. I'd get much more out of having the P5 Hero and Morgana figures than a theme that I'll change after a few days. The avatars are straight up horrible.

Thank you for the responses!

Just under 12 hours. Pretty surreal. I don't even remember where I was at in life when this was announced it was so long ago. Well, not that long, but the (last minutes) delays made it feel like forever.

Darksol

Just under 12 hours. Pretty surreal. I don't even remember where I was at in life when this was announced it was so long ago. Well, not that long, but the (last minutes) delays made it feel like forever.

I was 21, in a different city, different girlfriend, different job, different life :eek:

I'm picking up the LE tomorrow at my local store. Unfortunately, I teach tomorrow so I won't be able to play until 6 pm or so. I still have 30 hours to go :(

I'm jelly of you digital folk but Persona only comes once a decade -- I want the physical shit this time.

bluethree

I don't remember where I was when P5 was first announced, but I am a very different person now than 8 years ago. I mean, when I played P4 I was just about to graduate college...

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, just saw that you're able to enable subtitles on the anime cutscenes. Nice, I can't think of a single Japanese game that actually has that feature.

I don't remember where I was when P5 was first announced, but I am a very different person now than 8 years ago. I mean, when I played P4 I was just about to graduate college...

I played P4G in 2013 so it wasn't too long ago. I just felt like the wait since this game was announced and then delayed, delayed again and then revealed with a very far off date unbearable.

213372bu

Banned
Not until tomorrow.

Thanks, Shouta.

I'd figure there would be more out there on big sites with some already having the game for a while, but there's nothing.

At least not on sites that I can guarantee people aren't going to deliberately lace things with spoilers.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Still not sure if I want to spring for the CE or not, but the artbook/music is mad tempting

For what it's worth, the artbook is really underwhelming. It has no new artwork, is really short, and doesn't even feature Goro. The soundtrack's not exactly comprehensive either, but it does have a lot of good past game music, and a few great remixes, but it makes a nice collection item more than anything else. It's unfortunate to say, but it seems like the best parts of the CE are the box and the DLC.

artsi

I had time now so here's the settings menu translated for anyone interested. Pretty basic stuff but anyway.

• Vibration
  • Dialogue voices
  • Automatic dialogue
  • Anime cutscene subtitles
  • Remember cursor position
  • Remember battle instructions
  • Remember equipped persona
  • Invert camera (left / right)
  • Invert camera (up / down)
  • Camera shake / bob
  • Network features
  • Screen brightness
  • Camera speed
  • Difficulty

andylsun

Any idea if this would be remotely playable with google translate on an iphone? Going via Hong Kong next week so can probably pick it up. Played through 3/4 of P4G and really enjoyed it until I got stuck.

artsi

Any idea if this would be remotely playable with google translate on an iphone? Going via Hong Kong next week so can probably pick it up. Played through 3/4 of P4G and really enjoyed it until I got stuck.

Well yeah, you can technically play it.

But don't expect to understand any of the story / dialogue :p

It will be playable, yeah. Learning how to play the game well shouldn't really be a problem with all of the resources available, namely cj_iwakura's SMT spell guide, Tradukosoft's guide, and just getting a feel for the game as you progress. The problem is grasping the story beyond broad brush strokes you'll pick up from just watching cutscenes. Google translate will help, but you know it won't translate sentences properly more often than not.

Jachaos

9000 yen for the standard edition?? Isn't that around $90 for a standard game or am I missing something?

It is. From what I recall, the market does not have a standard price. On launch day, one PS4 game can be 5000 yen and the other can be 9000 yen. I guess it depends on how big the title is and the confidence they have.

Edit: Just look at the disparity of prices for games all launching that week (the bolded ones)

ubiblu

Fingers crossed someone like Salty Yen does a video capture session with translations on the fly. His Yakuza Zero / Kiwami / Ishin playthroughs were really funny and informative.

artsi

9000 yen for the standard edition?? Isn't that around $90 for a standard game or am I missing something?

Yeah it's not cheap being a gamer in Japan.

It won't cost that much in retail, should match European prices pretty much, but still it's expensive compared to US.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
The game has cloud saves built into the ingame save menu, I've never seen a game that does this, but it's freaking awesome.

x6S4SQt.jpg

ranmafan

That's the retail price but really very very very few stores will sale it at that price. Most stores discount their games a bit actually. The stores that do sale games at the retail price tend to have their games stay on the shelf as people go elsewhere to buy that.

I can't even remember the last time I payed full retail price in a Japanese store for a game. There's always a discount when I buy them.

artsi

The game has cloud saves built into the ingame save menu, I've never seen a game that does this, but it's freaking awesome.

That they're using a custom save menu is a blessing in itself.

I hate the default PS3 / PS4 save system, it's slow as fuck.
Try and save in Yakuza games where it saves two times always, and lose your mind.

That they're using a custom save menu is a blessing in itself.

I hate the default PS3 / PS4 save system, it's slow as fuck.
Try and save in Yakuza games where it saves two times always, and lose your mind.
That and it also looks way better than default :D It's a win-win situation.

andylsun

It will be playable, yeah. Learning how to play the game well shouldn't really be a problem with all of the resources available, namely cj_iwakura's SMT spell guide, Tradukosoft's guide, and just getting a feel for the game as you progress. The problem is grasping the story beyond broad brush strokes you'll pick up from just watching cutscenes. Google translate will help, but you know it won't translate sentences properly more often than not.

Thanks, broad brush strokes for the story would be ok. Will see how much it is next week though I'm expecting at least $700 HKD.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Debating whether to stay up until the game unlocks at midnight tonight. I could play for 3 hours or so, get a couple hours of sleep, and suffer through a busy day of work. Really tempting!

artsi

Debating whether to stay up until the game unlocks at midnight tonight. I could play for 3 hours or so, get a couple hours of sleep, and suffer through a busy day of work. Really tempting!

For me it's pretty convenient time, right after I get home from work :p

bigjig

Welcome to the complete random pricing of videogames in Japan :) To be fair you can usually find new release games about 20% cheaper on Amazon, etc. But yeah it's still expensive. I don't think this is the reason Japanese gamers are moving to mobile in droves, but it certainly isn't helping the case for console gaming.

So, how many here are going digital? How many are lucky enough to be able to buy it in a store nearby? And how many have to wait like me for the LE to arrive? I'm curious :D

Guru-Guru

Banned
So, how many here are going digital? How many are lucky enough to be able to buy it in a store nearby? And how many have to wait like me for the LE to arrive? I'm curious :D
I went digital! I'm trying to go all digital this gen. There's a game store 2 mins from my apartment where I could have reserved the LE or whatever, but decided against it.

ranmafan

I'm waiting for the LE. I want the goodies of course plus no benefit getting it at midnight tonight for me as I have work tomorrow anyway and need sleep. I'll be happy to be able to play when I get home tomorrow and my copy will be there delivered ready for me and all to play. I'm just glad the release date is just before not only a three day weekend here in Japan, but also an extra holiday next Thursday too. So plenty of time to play the next week for me thankfully.

For what it's worth, the artbook is really underwhelming. It has no new artwork, is really short, and doesn't even feature Goro. The soundtrack's not exactly comprehensive either, but it does have a lot of good past game music, and a few great remixes, but it makes a nice collection item more than anything else. It's unfortunate to say, but it seems like the best parts of the CE are the box and the DLC.

Ah, that's too bad. I might just go digital in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom