• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Vic_Viper

Is there a good schedule to follow for Social Links/Confidants in P5? Just finished the 2nd dungeon and I still havent figured out a good system for when to take on each Confidant and stat upgrades.

All my Confidants are at or around rank 3, accept for my main party members who are at 4 or 5. Ive been only reading on the train when its available, and ive been trying to buy a drink from the drink stand whenever its available. But I still dont know when to hit the other places like the bathhouse, movie theater, big burger, and the rest. I also have no idea when to work at my jobs. I cant help but feel like im constantly playing catch up and missing tons of things I should be doing.

ckohler

If it's your first time playing, I really recommend you don't fret over following a guide too much. You'll enjoy the game more if you just go with the flow. However, here are some minor tips:

For stats...

Monday's and Thursday's: Take a bath at night. You get extra charm points on these days.

Friday's: Buy a smoothy in the Shibuya underground walkway. It costs 5000 yen but t'll give you a star point without spending any time.

Rain: Days or nights on rainy days, go to the diner. You get extra knowledge and even another point of your choosing when you buy a meal.

As for confidants:

Usually, just choose the responses that you feel they most want to hear. The more notes they give off the more likely you'll be able to level up with them the next time you hang out. Also, be sure you have a persona in your inventory of their arcana before you hang out with them. This nets you extra notes. Just make a run to the velvet room before meeting up with them to summon a cheap one of their type. You don't even have to have it selected... just have it in your inventory.

Feed your room's plant with fertilizer. Use protein until you unlock shinjuku and the purchase the 3k yen fertilizer for 3+ to kindness.

Shinya and Sojiro both give kindness for their ranking up so its pretty easy to max out. Guts is the hardest imo cause not a lot of things give you Guts besides Death's social link.

Also there is no rewards for aceing the exams so I wouldn't power through on knowledge that much unless you want the charm points for hitting top 10. The questions you answer in school will get you to rank 5 eventually with maybe a few points here and there. Unless you wanna romance Hifumi who needs max Knowledge.

Brakke

Banned
There's also the Burger Challenge. At level 2 in Guts, Knowledge, and Proficiency, you can beat the burger and get points for everything except Kindness. Same at level 3 and 4. Go at night so it's cheaper.

DNAbro

School Festival date

Hanging with Ryuji and Mishima >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> taking someone else(unless it somehow changes dramatically with other girls, I took Ann)

With those 2 it is easily one of the funniest scenes in the game.

Thud

I generally avoid this kind of discussion but I've come to the conclusion that Haru is objectively the best:

- Likes all your dumb jokes
- Likes horror movies
- Literally a billionaire
- Her weapons are an ax and a goddamn grenade launcher
- Best metaverse outfit
- You and her can combine your powers to make the most righteous coffee on Earth
- Fluffy

Also her vegetables are the best. Beats curry and coffee.

Can I do a social link after school and then go to mementos after? Or can I do a social link after going in to Mementos?

If you go to mementos or a palace it has to be in the afternoon and you're too tired in the evening to do anything unless slink spoiler
you finish the temperance slink and get a message

mollipen

Damn it Becky, you tease!

CvYVUWBUkAAAqfB.jpg

Source

I didn't get to raise my rank with Iwai very far my first playthrough :(

Took me a while to get guts to lvl 4 and you can only help him at night on certain days of the week.

Gartooth

I finished the game earlier today and I didn't max Proficiency or Kindness in time. Feels bad, hopefully getting that last rank won't get in the way of getting max social links on NG+.

For stats...

Monday's and Thursday's: Take a bath at night. You get extra charm points on these days.

Friday's: Buy a smoothy in the Shibuya underground walkway. It costs 5000 yen but t'll give you a star point without spending any time.

Rain: Days or nights on rainy days, go to the diner. You get extra knowledge and even another point of your choosing when you buy a meal.

Feeding the plant is also free kindness points and as long as you use the expensive stuff, is a quick route to max rank.

StereoVsn

I mean, his introduction is
him stalking Ann, trying to get Ann to model nude for him, then threatening to sue you.

It's a pretty bad introduction, though he's a fun character once his dweebness starts showing.
Yeah, I strongly disliked him in the beginning but he has been growing on me. I still dislike Makoto though.

Edit: For Charm, Politician and Reporter social links give you Charm points.

So late in the game when you have max social stats and a bunch of max social links what do you do with night free time? Just read books? You can invite your gfs on dates but there is no reason to not just see those scenes then reload to do something productive.

SerRodrik

Yoshida you fuck! Don't tell me you have an early cutoff for your s link and then proceed to not be available most nights until the cutoff! This is why no one votes for you!

Well, so much for my max confidant run. I guess I'll have to catch it on my third playthrough.

So late in the game when you have max social stats and a bunch of max social links what do you do with night free time? Just read books? You can invite your gfs on dates but there is no reason to not just see those scenes then reload to do something productive.

It's very hard to max all confidants on first play through, most people on here have mentioned that they didn't max out all confidants until their second or third run on NG+.

I maxed out about 5-6 confidants on my first run but I still have quite a few to go for my NG+ run.

It's very hard to max all confidants on first play through, most people on here have mentioned that they didn't max out all confidants until their second or third run on NG+.

I maxed out about 5-6 confidants on my first run but I still have quite a few to go for my NG+ run.

I mean the question would be even more relevant in a ng+

Phew Ohya found me hanging with Haru, was able to talk the former off the ledge and kept the latter in the dark. All in all productive sunday in team harem :p

FFMafia

Copied from main thread:

Sojiro confident spoiler question I guess? Should I do a confidant event even if it says "I don't think my bond with sojiro will deepen just yet"
should I make more coffees or something?

Toki767

I chose Makoto.

She just seemed to make the most sense.

The School Festival scene if you hang out with her while being in a relationship is great too.

vypek

It's a separate hangout that costs extra train fare like parks or shopping districts. I thought you just wait for Ryuji to figure out when the target is out and about. Not sure though.

I just did this today. You are right. You need to wait for Ryuji to let you know when the new advisor and someone else is meeting up at the monja place which unlocks a new area. It took some time before the option showed up after Ryuji told me about his plan

Copied from main thread:

Sojiro confident spoiler question I guess? Should I do a confidant event even if it says "I don't think my bond with sojiro will deepen just yet"
should I make more coffees or something?

Sojiro's confidant is story restricted twice so no matter how much time you spend with him you can't advance it past certain points in the game. In general though you may have to spend time with someone who's bond won't deepen so that it'll deepen next time. Later on you can use the fortune teller to skip those wasted hang outs.

Zafir

I honestly feel like the Ryuji scene is the best festival scene. It's at least funny. The rest are all just copy-pasted. =/

I honestly feel like the Ryuji scene is the best festival scene. It's at least funny. The rest are all just copy-pasted. =/

Kawakami's is the most unique of the ones you can do

But yes watching the other dates on youtube I was disappointed how haru/makoto/ann all basically play out the same only with the latter two throwing in marriage lines since you're dating them.

On another note Sojiro just asked me not to date his daugter

Eh heh heh heh

Top Bottom